Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who knows better how to score a boxing match?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    everywhere in the world they don't say "garbage"
    Why lie about being from the UK though? Just an odd thing to deny lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
      Dude I used to think he was trolling lol...But I honestly worry about his sanity...he seems almost literally insane to me, it's sad.

Edit- sorry Time, meant to send that as a PM...no offense intended my friend...still think you are a decent guy but I worry about ya sometimes.

this is all you need to worry about.....

1) learn the game..... and at least develop a genuine love for it, before you decide to waltz in and butcher the sport by removing 3 of the 4 official scoring criteria

2) learn to appreciate ALL fighters, and ALL styles

especially defence-first fighters, and technicians

if your guy, cannot beat those guys..... then you are either backing the wrong horse, or you are in the wrong game

the rules/criteria will not change or bend just to suit your guy

3)
      * clean hard punching
      * defence
      * ring generalship
      * effective aggression

nothing else

4) my earlier advice to watch lower-level fights, will help learning and appreciating all of the above

I only hear true outrage when a fan favorite gets beaten by a better technician..... rinse wash repeat

I will include the following as #5..... not to rub shlt in your face, just because..... it is utterly ridiculous..... and yes, I realize that you were not the only one

the way that some of you guys loudly declared how easy it was to score a fight..... but then immediately proved that you don't even know the basics..... (that not all landed punches score)..... (and that all 4 official criteria are valid at ALL times, with clean hard punching being the main criteria)..... was funny as hell, seriously

Comment

Why lie about being from the UK though? Just an odd thing to deny lol

I am not from the UK son

everyone who has been here for more than 5 minutes knows where I am from

1) why would anyone lie about where they are from..... ?

2) how is where I am from even relevant..... ?

is figuring out the official scoring criteria more relevant to you at this point?

Comment

• Sounds like he had a solid opinion

I score a round based on damage rather than number of connects so i naturally favour harder punchers

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
            Sounds like he had a solid opinion

I score a round based on damage rather than number of connects so i naturally favour harder punchers
            If you are referring to Mr Time I would encourage you to read his posts lol...no doubt that the other attributes matter...but only insofar as they are helping one guy score...his point is that defense and effective aggression are actively scored, which was pointed out that they are not by nearly all judges...important, yes...actively scored, no.

As you pointed out...all that really matters in a fight is who is landing punches and what damage they are doing...perfectly fair and I feel accurate to score a round for guy who lands 6 punches vs 8 of his opponent, if he perhaps had the better few punches of the round...I did that a few times for Wilder vs Fury.

Good post man, thanks for your insights.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              I am not from the UK son

everyone who has been here for more than 5 minutes knows where I am from

1) why would anyone lie about where they are from..... ?

2) how is where I am from even relevant..... ?

is figuring out the official scoring criteria more relevant to you at this point?
              Bro go get some fish and chips and RELAX....you get so worked up on here it's crazy lol

Comment

• I think this is a good topic to discuss. It's much better that we have an agreement on how one should win a round in a boxing match before watching actual fights and then end up debating who won that round. We might be seeing the same action, but we may be looking at a different criterion which ends up seeing a different winner and clowns someone who picks the other side. I think the criterion that we are looking up more is where we end up picking different winners of each round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                  One is a professional judge.
                  One isn't.
                  Lol short but sweet I like it...thanks

Comment

Lol short but sweet I like it...thanks
                    The answer didn't need an essay

Comment

• Making a thread trying to embarrass one poster is lame. It is bullying

Comment

Working...
                      X