Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather doesn't get the credit he deserves for the thorough schooling of JMM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMM called Mayweather out in the ring after a fight, haters and JMM fans taunted Floyd saying, "no way will he fight a warrior like JMM!" He takes the fight, can't make 144 so he paid a fine and the 147 lb fight went on. That fight had nothing to do with size, Mayweather was just so much faster is was crazy, it was one of the most impressive wins of the last few decades of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      I don't need to confirm anything to you. It is clear you are very emotional and not looking at this rationally.

Am I a fan of JMM? Yes, Am I fan of Pacquiao? Yes.

Sorry, you don't just get to give Pacquiao an official win when it was scored a draw. The series ended at 2-1-1 NOT 3-1. And if you want to play that game, then majority of the folks thought Marquez won the third fight so by your BS standards, the series should be 2-1-1 for Marquez right? Stop making this harder than what it is.

They gave us four TREMENDOUS and MEMORABLE fights. Respect this for what it was. We didn't need to see any more fights. We finally got a definitive winner. Doesn't take anything away from Pacquiao as he is a legend and one of the true all time greats. I couldn't care less if Pacquiao knocked JMM out in the 5th fight or vice versa. Both gave fans a rivalry that will forever be remembered. If you are a true boxing fan, that is all you want. But in your case, you just wanted Pacquiao to have one clear cut win over JMM where he was dominant in. Look at it this way, officially Pacquiao will have "won" the series with his two wins compared to JMM, while JMM will have the defining win of the series. So in a way both come out as winners in that way.
      So you don't recognize a scoring error that a judge publically admitted to? That's just pure ignorance. And you are entitled to you opinion but I feel it's more on the side of preference than reality or neutrality. The score is 3-1 and I have no problem with that but Manny deserved better.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny2x2x View Post
        jmm called mayweather out in the ring after a fight, haters and jmm fans taunted floyd saying, "no way will he fight a warrior like jmm!" he takes the fight, can't make 144 so he paid a fine and the 147 lb fight went on. That fight had nothing to do with size, mayweather was just so much faster is was crazy, it was one of the most impressive wins of the last few decades of boxing.
        thats my point, marquez called out floyd and asked to go up to ww and the fans said he was scared, then it happens and they complain?

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
          What a spectacular one sided display put on by Mayweather that fight. Marquez tried his best to get something going, even hit Mayweather with some very good shots, but Mayweather took them and smiled, but when Mayweather hit him, Marquez went TIMBER!!!!

Pacquaio went through 4 very tough wars with Marquez. It it only took Mayweather 1 fight.

Very underrated and overlooked win.

Tell Floyd to move up two weigh classes and then we can talk. Thugs always talking non sense.

Comment

Duran is GREAT and arguably the best fighter since Ali, no doubt. But I don't think this is a fair comparison. Duran at this point had already fought at WW for two years with 8 fights at or above the 147 weight limit. And then he obviously proved he can hang at MW with his performances against Hagler and Barkley.

So while it showed Duran's true greatness that he could climb the weight classes the way he did, I don't think it was exactly the same as the other examples you used.
            That’s a fair point. Can’t really argue with that. I was talking more that Duran was a considerably smaller guy than SRL but I agree with what you say in the sense he had already proved his credibility at 147 with wins over Palomino and obviously SRL the first time round.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              That’s a fair point. Can’t really argue with that. I was talking more that Duran was a considerably smaller guy than SRL but I agree with what you say in the sense he had already proved his credibility at 147 with wins over Palomino and obviously SRL the first time round.
              Yeah, and that was really my only point. Duran was already established at WW, and definitely established after his win over SRL. Duran while naturally the smaller man wasn't fighting at the WW division for the first time.

If JMM would have had the Pacquiao win at WW and the tough Bradley fight before he got embarrassed by Floyd? Then people would give Floyd more credit for that win.

Rigo and Mikey had never fought at the weight classes they went up to against other P4P elite fighters. Same with JMM and that is the difference between their cases and Duran's against SRL in the rematch.

Comment

Yeah, and that was really my only point. Duran was already established at WW, and definitely established after his win over SRL. Duran while naturally the smaller man wasn't fighting at the WW division for the first time.

If JMM would have had the Pacquiao win at WW and the tough Bradley fight before he got embarrassed by Floyd? Then people would give Floyd more credit for that win.

Rigo and Mikey had never fought at the weight classes they went up to against other P4P elite fighters. Same with JMM and that is the difference between their cases and Duran's against SRL in the rematch.
                Yeah spot on mate. Duran had already made that transition whilst other the guys I mentioned hadn’t.

Comment

Corrales, Hatton, and Canelo are Floyd at his best beating the best guy in front of him, and none of those guys would be mistaken for a true all time great in a dark alley.

Marquez is a decent win at best and Floyd despite having every conceivable advantage, couldn't even make his corner throw in the towel.

Speaks volumes on how these Floyd Boys have to overrate these mismatches.
                  Last edited by djtmal; 06-20-2019, 02:22 PM.

Comment

He gets credit from the people that matter. The insignificant people here with agendas don't matter. It was a dominating performance and that's how it will be looked at historically.

Comment

Hell nah May gets no credit. He beat up on little man. A lot of Floyd’s later fights don’t get much credit. The early part of his career was great

Castillo 1 had Floyd a little anxious after that.

Comment

Working...
                      X