No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz Jr Does 403,000 UK Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
    If it is true then they are fantastic numbers. Obviously the haters are going to spin a yarn and forget to mention this was in the middle of the night but with that in mind those are great numbers. It certainly shows the difference in him compared to Wilder. Wilder did less PPV's than that against Ortiz on American prime time and Americans on this very forum said they wouldnt pay to watch Wilder fight in any other time zone than a regular Saturday night prime time showing. Well nearly half a million Brits were prepared to stay up all night and pay to watch it on PPV even in this era of illegal streaming.

YES ANTHONY JOSHUA LOST. But if we are talking box office power Anthony Joshua is still the man. Yes it didnt do great in America but Americans dont even bother turning up to watch Americans so it has to be labelled a dead or dying market now.
    I think you mean against Fury, Ortiz wasn't PPV. Wilder can't draw without a Brit.

Comment

Those figure would be accurate IMHO, no one is buying that fight at 4/5am UK time. It’s never going to compete against the prime time TV times over here.

Comment

Wow. Thats awful numbers for Joshua til you realize the time it was on in the UK.

For a 3am or w/e UK time PPV 400k is f#cking amazing & if its not a record I'd bet its in the top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Wow. Thats awful numbers for Joshua til you realize the time it was on in the UK.

For a 3am or w/e UK time PPV 400k is f#cking amazing & if its not a record I'd bet its in the top 3.
          Nope, Mayweather vs Pacquiao/McGregor/Hatton out did this figure...By over double for two of the fights, and triple this figure for the Hatton fight.

Then Tyson vs Holyfield II and Tyson vs Bruno did better figures as well as Tyson vs Lewis.

Was on par with Lewis vs Holyfield.

Basically did as well as any PPV that took place in the UK not including Mayweather and Tyson fights lol.
          Last edited by KTFOKING; 06-19-2019, 11:31 AM.

Comment

That's actually super impressive for a fight that happened at like 3AM over there

Comment

It was later than usual for most UK PPV's and lets be honest most people thought it was a sham match.

I'd take this with a grain of salt, and I'm far from being an AJ fan.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                Fake news.

Sky is yet to release the numbers.
                You think a million people stayed up all night or got up early to watch & pay $30ish or w/e for a bs fight (that turned out to be not so bs)?

I seriously doubt that.

400k at ~3am is f#cking bananas & probably a record for a awfully timed PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  You think a million people stayed up all night or got up early to watch & pay $30ish or w/e for a bs fight (that turned out to be not so bs)?

I seriously doubt that.

400k at ~3am is f#cking bananas & probably a record for a awfully time PPV.
                  I edited my reply to you, but peep it again as I updated it with fights that took place in the US that out did this PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    Nope, Mayweather vs Pacquiao/McGregor/Hatton out did this figure...By over double for two of the fights, and triple this figure for the Hatton fight.

Then Tyson vs Holyfield II and Tyson vs Bruno did better figures as well as Tyson vs Lewis.

Was on par with Lewis vs Holyfield.

Basically did as well as any PPV that took place in the UK not including Mayweather and Tyson fights lol.
                    So its top 5ish give or take?

Yea still not bad by any means like some are suggesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      I think you mean against Fury, Ortiz wasn't PPV. Wilder can't draw without a Brit.
                      Yeah sorry i meant Fury PPV. Wilders only PPV. But then the modest success of that fight i put down to Fury anyway cuz Wilder dropped straight back off PPV straight after so it must of been Fury that did it.

A true PPV star commands PPV events. A PPV player does PPV when the opposition warrents it. Wilder v Breazeale was not PPV but Joshua v Breazeale was.

Comment

Working...
                      X