No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Yoka vs. Alexander Dimitrenko on July 13 in Antibes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
    Finally yoka fights again and against a good opponent (yet not in his prime).

Yoka was (is?) one of my favourite up incoming boxers, but the fact that he only wants to fight in France, along with the missed doping tests make him less appealing nowadays.
    James Prince just became his manager so there may be a slight hope he comes to America

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
      Yoka doesn’t have what it takes to be an elite HW boxer. Dubois will beat him even at this stage.
      I'm not sure of this. Yoka has better overall skills and movements. Dubois is possibly more powerful, but is also slower and lacks in defensive skills. Yoka is more experience. I'd like to see a match of these two, anyway. Or also Yoka vs Gorman if the latter beats Dubois (as I think).

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
        I'm not sure of this. Yoka has better overall skills and movements. Dubois is possibly more powerful, but is also slower and lacks in defensive skills. Yoka is more experience. I'd like to see a match of these two, anyway. Or also Yoka vs Gorman if the latter beats Dubois (as I think).
        How many times was Yoka knocked out cold in the amateurs (not KDs)? If you're getting knocked out cold in the amateurs with head guard on, you're going to get killed at the pro ranks. Yoka is going to be the Amir Khan of the HW division.

He's not beating Dubois. He might beat Gorman but once Dubois lands, it's night night.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
          Yoka doesn’t have what it takes to be an elite HW boxer. Dubois will beat him even at this stage.
          DIDN'T have what it takes. Until he started juicing, ducked drug testing hard and despite being feather-fisted knocked out the durable Allen who went the distance with Whyte and lasted eight rounds with Ortiz and who said that there was no drug testing in place for this fight at all. No power and a suspect chin won't get you far in the Heavyweight division unless you're Tyson Fury.

Comment

Future world champion Tony Yoka! Lot of great young HW's in Europe right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
              DIDN'T have what it takes. Until he started juicing, ducked drug testing hard and despite being feather-fisted knocked out the durable Allen who went the distance with Whyte and lasted eight rounds with Ortiz and who said that there was no drug testing in place for this fight at all. No power and a suspect chin won't get you far in the Heavyweight division unless you're Tyson Fury.
              Once he gets to championship level, he won't be able to use PED and he's done. Even Fury who's always juiced up to the grill won't have that luxury for too long. Wlad got caught slipping the first time.

Comment

Big jump up for Yoka, but I'm digging these high level amateurs making quicker moves on average then in the past.

I think the WSB & the switch to no headgear in the amateurs gots more mfers realizing they can hang with higher level guys in the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                  Future world champion Tony Yoka! Lot of great young HW's in Europe right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    Who is the top American HW prospect? I honestly can't think of one.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                      Who is the top American HW prospect? I honestly can't think of one.
                      Trey Lippe Morrison, Gabriel Jr Hernández, you heard it here first.

Comment

Working...
                      X