Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Shakes Head at Claims He Was "Relieved' To Lose

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    To me, he has already far eclipsed Bruno in every way. For such a short reign, Joshua has quite an impressive resume`. That said, he was well in the fight and before he got rocked in the 3rd, he dropped Ruiz and was looking like he was about to smash him with ease. I compare him to someone more like a younger Wlad Klitschko than Bruno. AJ will bounce back.
    Young Wlad was indeed a lot like Joshua - rushing in to trade without the chin to back it up, question is whether Joshua can mature like Wlad did. Young Khan was the same, and Khan never changed, so he kept getting 'young Wladed' in fights (if you see what I mean).

The advice to Joshua is going to be clear - if you get the other guy hurt, stay composed, stay behind the jab and break them down while staying defensively responsible, and he sounds like he's got enough sense to understand and respond to that.

Its a balance, if he's overly fearful of return fire he ends up exhausted on nervous energy like David Price did after the first Thompson loss - but for sure Joshua has a lot more in his toolbox than Frank Bruno ever had and would be good to see him work his way back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
      He lost at least 2 fights in olympics. Eddie bought his belt off Charles Martin.

Just beat 40+ year old shell of wlad.
      Ref saved him from having to fight Parker.
      Beaten no one else decent.

The guys is a quitter and a fraud.

I guarentee he paid a lot of money for those body builders muscles. Designer PEDS aren't cheap, neither is staying 1 step ahead of drug testers.

His "athleticism" is awful. Gasses too quick, stiff, too much muscle.
      The Wladimir Kiltschko that faced Joshua was more dangerous and in better condition than the one who Fury faced 'Without a shadow of a doubt, even Kiltschko stated this himself'

'He was 240 pounds, and coming off basically 3 training camps back to back, he was motivated and pissed off due to Tyson Fury disappearing' Wladimir Kiltschko always dreamed of facing somebody who? The public thought he could not beat, as for years he was constantly expected to win 'Greatness needs resistance in order to show how great it is' Emmanuel Steward stated that one day, he will be in that position where he is the underdog again 'This the situation that all great competitors dream of'. And up against Joshua he was in my position, fighting some kind of beast who was blasting everybody out 'Wladimir Kiltschko was a mountain in the heavyweight division for years, but now he was facing his mountain 'His Everest'.

Before Wladimir Kiltschko fought Joshua, I saw something in his eye's that I had never seen before 'I saw venom' He was a great champion, and when you look in a dictionary for the definition of a what a champion is? When you studied to understand the traits of what makes a champion 'Wladimir Kiltschko embodied the word champion, and carried and defended his titles like a champion'.

He was beaten by Tyson Fury, but in his mind 'He was still the champion, the fire was still burning inside of him' And it was Anthony Joshua the man and fighter who put that fire out, not Tyson Fury.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 06-18-2019, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
        The Wladimir Kiltschko that faced Joshua was more dangerous and in better condition than the one who Fury faced 'Without a shadow of a doubt, even Kiltschko stated this himself'

'He was 240 pounds, and coming off basically 3 training camps back to back, he was motivated and pissed off due to Tyson Fury disappearing' Wladimir Kiltschko always dreamed of facing somebody who? The public thought he could not beat, as for years he was constantly expected to win 'Greatness needs resistance in order to show how great it is' Emmanuel Steward stated that one day, he will be in that position where he is the underdog again 'This the situation that all great competitors dream of'. And up against Joshua he was in my position, fighting some kind of beast who was blasting everybody out 'Wladimir Kiltschko was a mountain in the heavyweight division for years, but now he was facing his mountain 'His Everest'.

Before Wladimir Kiltschko fought Joshua, I saw something in his eye's that I had never seen before 'I saw venom' He was a great champion, and when you look in a dictionary for the definition of a what a champion is? When you studied to understand the traits of what makes a champion 'Wladimir Kiltschko embodied the word champion, and carried and defended his titles like a champion'.

He was beaten by Tyson Fury, but in his mind 'He was still the champion, the fire was still burning inside of him' And it was Anthony Joshua the man and fighter who put that fire out, not Tyson Fury.

I heard that the version of Charles Martin AJ beat, was better than a prime Mohummad Ali.

Lol - no fighter peaks when there 40.

Very weird for Wlad to retire when he was just reaching his peak. he must of had another solid 20 years of boxing in him if he only just reached his peak.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
          Young Wlad was indeed a lot like Joshua - rushing in to trade without the chin to back it up, question is whether Joshua can mature like Wlad did. Young Khan was the same, and Khan never changed, so he kept getting 'young Wladed' in fights (if you see what I mean).

The advice to Joshua is going to be clear - if you get the other guy hurt, stay composed, stay behind the jab and break them down while staying defensively responsible, and he sounds like he's got enough sense to understand and respond to that.

Its a balance, if he's overly fearful of return fire he ends up exhausted on nervous energy like David Price did after the first Thompson loss - but for sure Joshua has a lot more in his toolbox than Frank Bruno ever had and would be good to see him work his way back.
          I dont remember Wlad quitting in the corner because he was getting battered by a shot fat mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
            LMAO so let me get this straight AJ is on million dollar non-performance enhancing, performance enhancing drugs?

Are you gonna deny being a moron or have you come to terms with it?
            He's on steroids and Hgh and probably insulin as well.
            He has a fake TUES exemption for some of it.
            Hope that clarifies for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
              I heard that the version of Charles Martin AJ beat, was better than a prime Mohummad Ali.

Lol - no fighter peaks when there 40.

Very weird for Wlad to retire when he was just reaching his peak. he must of had another solid 20 years of boxing in him if he only just reached his peak.
              Neither Tyson Fury or Anthony Joshua, faced a peak Wladimir Kiltschko 'But the Waldimir Kiltschjo who faced Joshua was a better version than the Kiltschko who Fury fought' and I have gave the reasons why in my post prior to this, even Kiltschko stated it himself.

Fury's ass will go soon as he is beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                Do you really believe that? I mean he already beat Klitschko, Pov, Parker and almost ko'd Ruiz early. I mean do you really think that's true man? Don't lie to yourself.

As far as the bought comment, I just don't know. I don't think he paid for his height, reach and athleticism.
                At no point did he almost KO Ruiz

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                  Neither Tyson Fury or Anthony Joshua, faced a peak Wladimir Kiltschko 'But the Waldimir Kiltschjo who faced Joshua was a better version than the Kiltschko who Fury fought' and I have gave the reasons why in my post prior to this, even Kiltschko stated it himself.

Fury's ass will go soon as he is beaten.
                  Klitschko is just salty about losing to Fury let's be real

Wlad was coming off a long layoff and multiple injuries going into the AJ fight

Comment

AJ has to win the rematch. It's a must win for the sport and especially the Heavyweight division. The Heavyweight division just won't be the same without him. Lord, if Tyson Fury becomes the face of HW boxing British boxing would never recover or be the same again.

Anthony Joshua brought new fans to the sport; Especially women to the sport. British boxing was at it's all time peak when Joshua was champion. Hopefully AJ comes into the rematch relaxed and focused this time. In addition, don't get caught up and distracted with Deontay Wilder.

Andy Ruiz is the man he needs to fully concentrate on. Ruiz needs Joshua undivided attention. Joshua just needs to come in mentally prepared for the rematch. Hopefully things would work out better for him this time

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
                      He’s finding out that the love now was all fake. People love you when you are winning and at the first hurdle are ready to jump ship.

He needs to stop trying to be a people person and get the mean streak back.
                      "It's because no one wants you win you lose".

Comment

Working...
                      X