No announcement yet.

Oh no the Brits are jumping ship, getting on the Fury bandwagon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    I’ve always been team Fury but there’s plenty of room on the bandwagon for those jumping on.

Greatness can’t be denied. Fury is the real deal and if people are realising it finally, that’s ok. I don’t see it as bandwagon jumping, i just see people realising what some of us always knew.
    Fury won't get any credit by butthurt hardcore AJ/Wilder fans on boxing forums because it means they have to admit that they were wrong.

He is however, starting to win over more reasonable fans of the sport. He was the top trend on twitter for many hours after the fight and the clip of him dodging punches on the ropes went viral.

Obviously he needs to start fighting much better opposition or that goodwill will quickly change.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      You know nothing about Brits. Brits don't jump ship when it comes to sport
      Maybe I just miss my old British rivals

Comment

I’ve always been team Fury but there’s plenty of room on the bandwagon for those jumping on.

Greatness can’t be denied. Fury is the real deal and if people are realising it finally, that’s ok. I don’t see it as bandwagon jumping, i just see people realising what some of us always knew.
        I have seen him fight many times and I don't think he is great. I don't think any heavyweight fighting today is great. He was badly hurt by Cunningham and Wilder and I think Wilder my KO him in a rematch. You think he is great but I rate him good, not great. He doesn't throw many punches per round and his chin is not that great. From the look of him he is not training that hard. He weighed much more for his last fight than for Wilder and carried a big gut. Not a good look for a so called great fighter.

Comment

they hyped aj to the heavens, they will never be able to get away from that mess, but if I were them id jump ship too... a fighter getting kod from one punch is one thing but being dominated and reduced to a worm in the ring is worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Maybe I just miss my old British rivals
            People have lost their mind since June 1st. Fury beats the #56 guy and hes the damn greatest heavyweight of all time. Put into context, Parkers fighting the #58 ranked guy and theres absolute ****ing outrage

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I have seen him fight many times and I don't think he is great. I don't think any heavyweight fighting today is great. He was badly hurt by Cunningham and Wilder and I think Wilder my KO him in a rematch. You think he is great but I rate him good, not great. He doesn't throw many punches per round and his chin is not that great. From the look of him he is not training that hard. He weighed much more for his last fight than for Wilder and carried a big gut. Not a good look for a so called great fighter.
              Not training hard? He is in the gym every day, he was back in a week after the Wilder fight. He purposely put weight on for the last fight for power. Also, he lost 150lbs, his skin is basically deformed around his waist and stomach from drastic weight loss over a short time, it’s not fat as such, just excess skin. Most obese people who lose a lot of weight need surgery to get rid of it.

As for being dropped and hurt by fighters, So what? Muhammad Ali was out of it against Henry Cooper and his corner basically had to cheat by cutting his gloves to get time. He also got dropped heavily by journeyman Chuck Wepner. You going to tell me Ali wasn’t great because he got dropped sometimes? And those were worse fighters than the guys you mentioned that dropped Fury.

He wasn’t even hurt by Cunningham anyway. He got caught with a good shot square on that sent him down, he got up clear eyed and did a job on him.

Comment

I don't understand ...

Is there some rule at this forum saying that British fans can only support one British fighter?

Comment

Not training hard? He is in the gym every day, he was back in a week after the Wilder fight. He purposely put weight on for the last fight for power. Also, he lost 150lbs, his skin is basically deformed around his waist and stomach from drastic weight loss over a short time, it’s not fat as such, just excess skin. Most obese people who lose a lot of weight need surgery to get rid of it.

As for being dropped and hurt by fighters, So what? Muhammad Ali was out of it against Henry Cooper and his corner basically had to cheat by cutting his gloves to get time. He also got dropped heavily by journeyman Chuck Wepner. You going to tell me Ali wasn’t great because he got dropped sometimes? And those were worse fighters than the guys you mentioned that dropped Fury.

He wasn’t even hurt by Cunningham anyway. He got caught with a good shot square on that sent him down, he got up clear eyed and did a job on him.
                  Muhammad Ali was decked by a journeyman before he became champion, as well as by Henry Cooper. Joe Luis was KO'd by Schmelling and decked multiple times, both before and during his reign. Lennox Lewis came back from 2 devastating KO defeats, as did Wlad Klitschko ...

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                    People have lost their mind since June 1st. Fury beats the #56 guy and hes the damn greatest heavyweight of all time. Put into context, Parkers fighting the #58 ranked guy and theres absolute ****ing outrage
                    Lol yeah. People forget Fury had the crappiest fight ever with Pianeta not too long ago.

I like Joshua even if it turns out Ruiz has his number I'd still follow his career.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      Muhammad Ali was decked by a journeyman before he became champion, as well as by Henry Cooper. Joe Luis was KO'd by Schmelling and decked multiple times, both before and during his reign. Lennox Lewis came back from 2 devastating KO defeats, as did Wlad Klitschko ...
                      Wladimir got knocked out like 3 times before his real reign

Comment

Working...
                      X