No announcement yet.

We need to stop watching mismatches.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    It was a mismatch because Fury made it to look like this.

This Schwarz is something like Dinu. was Pulev -Dinu a mismatch?
    Pulev is not a top 5 fighter claiming to be the best and fantasy belt holder of lineal is he ? Cant you see the difference ? fury had no business fighting a guy like that after a world title fight he actually won while telling everyone they fight bums . Ha

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
      Pulev is not a top 5 fighter claiming to be the best and fantasy belt holder of lineal is he ? Cant you see the difference ? fury had no business fighting a guy like that after a world title fight he actually won while telling everyone they fight bums . Ha

I agree with you.

But, on the other hand, which top hw, not named Wilder, would fight Fury?

I doubt Pulev/Whyte/Povetkin/Kownacki/Miller wanna fight Fury.

Huge risk, but you don`t even get a belt if you win.

Wilder and Ruiz are main targets.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        you tried to act like the Rolls fight was his only mismatch man, his entire career was built on being a monster knocking out no hopers..GGG is a solid fighter but his entire image is based on mismatches..so why complain now?
        Geale, Lemieux, Murray, Canelox2, Jacobs, Ishid, Macklin, Proksa. Signed to fight Pirog.

All top 10 MWs or better when he fought them.

He also had some easier fights, yes. But he fought plenty of top 10. And he could have fought more if they wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          we need to stop watching boxing period. if you don't watch bad fights they will review the model. look at all of the "sticky" threads right now at the top. do you see a single can't miss fight in the near future? even on the books? no!

once they have your 10 a month they have won! cut your sub if you don't like the product. don't suffer through the crap for the spots of mediocrity. i did it to HBO a year or two before they left boxing. it's called tough love.

these guys don't even all fight on the same platform any more! at least in 2010 they were all on f#cking TV! now they're on apps, websites, niche channels. all competing. all incredibly top heavy with most of their money going to a few stars who do not always fight!

following these crap fights is a pain in the ass, and a lot of them flat out suck! they're taking advantage of the fact that people don't watch this **** live all the time, and can fast forward to a main event. i'm so glad that i can do that sometimes! i don't want to see eddie hearn putting a low talent prospect in there with a straight up bum and telling me i'm looking at the next naseem hamed. i'll skip that ****.

of course i'm guilty of it as well, i buy dazn, espn, showtime on TV, a cable sub basically for boxing, bruins games, and nothing else, etc.

bend me over, ed. bend us all over.
          I went to see Khan vs Crawford because I was on NYC that week just by chance and it was my only opportunity to see a fight in real life. But other than that, I haven't given this mfs a single pen unless a fight was really worth it.

We need to stop giving them rating for ugly fights.

Comment

It was a mismatch because Fury made it to look like this?
            Gashi beat him a few fights back. The same Gashi who ran from chisora not long ago and looked awful. The same Gashi who is ranked 15th in Germany, never mind the world.

Fury was matched against him on purpose to look good.

Back to the original post, I’m from uk and I like fury. And no I didn’t pay for ppv for this fight, such a silly fight and I sit paying squat towards any of these tinpot fights.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
              I don't need to defend Wilder's crap resume, but apparently you forget that Fury is living off of a single win quite a few years ago and was later popped for PEDs. Since then he fought 3 trash bags and Wilder who in your opinion is trash as well.

It's your opinion, that's ok even if it lacks a base of logic, but let's not pretend that Fury is on board with fighting a who's who.Even the "minimally talented" Wilder is at least fighting guys who are ranked top 10 lately while the "better fighter" in Fury is happy being a businessman fighting cans while his fans defend the mess he leaves behind.
              Wilder has fought two top 10 guys ever, he lost to Fury when he was badly out of shape and had to screw Ortiz over with the officials favouring him. That showed how much better Fury is. We're seeing how good he is from the eye test. You're forgetting his fights against Chisora as well. He's a top HW and you're in denial. Wilder hasn't earned his spot properly, you have to be somewhat credible if you want to be considered #1. He's not even close.

Comment

so you are telling us to stop watching tank davis? never!

Comment

I agree with you.

But, on the other hand, which top hw, not named Wilder, would fight Fury?

I doubt Pulev/Whyte/Povetkin/Kownacki/Miller wanna fight Fury.

Huge risk, but you don`t even get a belt if you win.

Wilder and Ruiz are main targets.
                  Whyte has extended interest but Fury shot the idea down, classic Fury . I don't see why any of those guys would not want Fury,hes not the boogeyman that was AJ. Miller is claiming he wants Fury next ,no one is avoiding him . Pulev will probably wait to see if AJ wins his belts back and try and secure a high payday ,that's the only reason he wouldnt take that fight . Martin , Takam, Joyce ? Theres guys other then the last one for sure. Ha

If one is claiming he can defeat everyone easy then risk shouldn't be a stopping point to take the better fights.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    we need to stop watching boxing period. if you don't watch bad fights they will review the model. look at all of the "sticky" threads right now at the top. do you see a single can't miss fight in the near future? even on the books? no!

once they have your 10 a month they have won! cut your sub if you don't like the product. don't suffer through the crap for the spots of mediocrity. i did it to HBO a year or two before they left boxing. it's called tough love.

these guys don't even all fight on the same platform any more! at least in 2010 they were all on f#cking TV! now they're on apps, websites, niche channels. all competing. all incredibly top heavy with most of their money going to a few stars who do not always fight!

following these crap fights is a pain in the ass, and a lot of them flat out suck! they're taking advantage of the fact that people don't watch this **** live all the time, and can fast forward to a main event. i'm so glad that i can do that sometimes! i don't want to see eddie hearn putting a low talent prospect in there with a straight up bum and telling me i'm looking at the next naseem hamed. i'll skip that ****.

of course i'm guilty of it as well, i buy dazn, espn, showtime on TV, a cable sub basically for boxing, bruins games, and nothing else, etc.

bend me over, ed. bend us all over.
                    Good post. Either kick the sport to the curb till they learn, or assassinate al haymon.

Comment

How about y'all muhfückas start wagering on fights if you hate mismatches so much.

The over/under for Fury-Schwarz was 9.5 rounds, he stopped him in two. There's the drama if you need it.

Comment

Working...
                      X