Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Deontay Wilder Won't Last Five Rounds With Tyson Fury!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
    That’s how I saw it as well. 4 points down was fury from the knockdowns, I didn’t give fury every round. I think the “mad at the draw” people have the stance that wilder only won two rounds
    Yeah it’s tough to win a fight when you’re dropped twice and don’t score any KDs of your own. That’s my biggest issue with the ten point must system. Fury was clearly the better fighter that night. But because KDs give such a huge bonus, the fight was close. If you’re dropped twice, you basically have to win eight rounds to win the fight. Because seven rounds gets you a 113-113 total. And in order for a person to give Fury 8+ rounds. They had to basically give him every close round.

Comment

Originally posted by IHITBACK View Post
      Kinda funny isnt it, when Mayweather was winning most of you claimed it was boring.......Now these same people enjoy it while there HEAVYWEIGHTS. Running is enjoyable during TRACK, but not during FIGHTING fighting
      oh "do as we say, not as we do" sounds like merica.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Yeah it’s tough to win a fight when you’re dropped twice and don’t score any KDs of your own. That’s my biggest issue with the ten point must system. Fury was clearly the better fighter that night. But because KDs give such a huge bonus, the fight was close. If you’re dropped twice, you basically have to win eight rounds to win the fight. Because seven rounds gets you a 113-113 total. And in order for a person to give Fury 8+ rounds. They had to basically give him every close round.
        In the old days knockdowns and being behind on points made fighters fight harder to ko opponents such as Leonard against hearns I. I’m today’s “I’m afraid to lose and deathly frightened to be knocked out” era guys are often too scared to turn it up a notch and are comfortable losing on points

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
          Imagine if AJ had fought Schwarz or Breazeale. Everyone would be still saying he is the leading heavy weight...
          Schwarz didn’t have any credentials coming in to his fight with Fury. But there’s wasn’t a lot of difference between Ruiz and Breazeale heading into their fights with AJ and Wilder respectively in terms of resume. Breazeale may have been rated a little higher based on having a better loss than Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            In the old days knockdowns and being behind on points made fighters fight harder to ko opponents such as Leonard against hearns I. I’m today’s “I’m afraid to lose and deathly frightened to be knocked out” era guys are often too scared to turn it up a notch and are comfortable losing on points
            I personally don’t think a fighter should be awarded extra points for scoring KDs. I think you either win the round or lose the round, or it’s even. Another big scoring issue is that judges don’t score rounds even anymore. There were probably eight rounds in Wilder-Fury that could have been scored even.

Comment

If the Bob father thinks Fury is going to stand in front of Wilder and uncork his his combos like he did against Shwartz, he's crazy. Fury might out box Wilder, but after he tasted that right hand, he wants to run out the clock. Fury has changed. He went from any time, to next year, maybe.

Comment

AJ was supposed to fight Miller and the outcome was expected. The 3 kings only fight guys they know they can beat in a build up to bigger paydays. The problem for AJ is that Hearn doesn't control enough cans to feed to AJ and so AJ ended up with Ruiz because that's all Haymon would give him.

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                Imagine if AJ had fought Schwarz or Breazeale. Everyone would be still saying he is the leading heavy weight...

Comment

Scumbag bob is going to continue to disgrace boxing as long as he’s alive

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    We would have had the Wilder vs Fury rematch by now if Arum hadn't stuck his nose in.

But now they're gonna sell 2M PPVs with Bob and ESPN involved instead of a measly 325K.

Comment

Stop crying, Fury used the playbook that Wilder used on Joshua.
                      Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                      If the Bob father thinks Fury is going to stand in front of Wilder and uncork his his combos like he did against Shwartz, he's crazy. Fury might out box Wilder, but after he tasted that right hand, he wants to run out the clock. Fury has changed. He went from any time, to next year, maybe.

Comment

Working...
                      X