No announcement yet.

Only thing worse than watching Andre box is listening to him commentate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    You ever go to Fenton’s ice cream? 510 right ???
    I took a chick there before, not much of a ice cream guy, u been before?

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
      I took a chick there before, not much of a ice cream guy, u been before?
      First time was in 82, yeah, I try to go there when I can.
      I miss the bay, but things are changing too fast.i

Is the 880 still full of pot holes?

Comment

I must be listening to a different audio stream because all I hear is a well informed, articulate and well balanced commentator in Ward. He's arrogant? Far from it. Guy has an even, humble tone, gives credit where credit is due and actually highlights important stuff during the fight I missed.

Comment

I met him once at Fenton’s
          https://www.fentonscreamery.com/
          I was prolly sucking up like a fan boy.
          Post super 6.

I told him he made it look easy. He said Kessler punches hard,but froch punches even harder. E said it wasn’t any at all. We shook hands, and he and his family drove away.

Fenton’s is awesome.
          Lol that's pretty cool man - on a somewhat related note, the other day I was wondering what would happen if people ended up meeting and having a decent experience with an athlete they didn't like.

Just wondering how it would affect how they viewed that athlete going forward. I bet (not saying it was in your case) sometimes that happens and the athlete can gain a new biggest fan lol.

Side note - that Fenton's place looks delicious lol

Comment

First time was in 82, yeah, I try to go there when I can.
            I miss the bay, but things are changing too fast.i

Is the 880 still full of pot holes?
            lol last time I went home it was better, I like to take 580 better, I left in 2000 but I go back for visits

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Andre Ward is very solid behind the mic. Not sure what all the complaints are all about. Breaks down stuff well and sees things others don't ahead of time. Is also able to put together his sentences much better than his partner Bradley. Only guy that ticks me off on that broadcast crew is Tessitore. He is a master of the hyperbole and every time Fury/Crawford/Lomachenko fight, he's never seen performances like that before LOL.
              Ward seems like a decent dude and a pretty smart guy - best example I guess of my issue with his personality is after Kov-Ward 1 he said in the ring it was the first time he got dropped in his career...when we all know Boone dropped him early on in his pro career. I guess I just always notice little stuff like that with him and I feel like he is trying to put on a persona at times that is not really genuine. My 2 cents.

Lol I like Tessitore usually...seems like a good dude...but yeah he definitely goes a little overboard at times. I kind of like the exuberance but I understand completely on the over-selling of some performances. Hate when house commentators over-hype their own fighters, but that's just the way it is I guess. Not much we can do about it.

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
              Better than SRL......
              Never paid much attention to SRL as a commentator tbh.

But for whatever reason I have always liked SRL...seems like a good classy dude but we all have our preferences.

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
              they are paid to push a narrative and agenda its quite annoying. but I loved seeing ward fight. I enjoy all styles of boxing.
              Good post - I agree on the narrative pushing - it is terrible, but it is what it is. They invest in these fighters so of course they are going to help to sell them.

I hear ya on the all styles thing too - I'm a guy that likes watching Lara about as much as GGG.

I was being a little sarcastic about watching Andre as well - I think he was a tough smart fighter, and was well schooled in the dark arts of boxing. Very hard to look good against, even for A-B level guys.

I would watch a fight with Andre against anyone from B level and above - and have watched in total many of his fights (I did a lot of film study of him and Kov before the first Kov fight...basically watched anything I could find of them).

I just personally never saw the elite boxing skills from Andre in the ring when he stepped up to B or above competition...seemed like he fought his way to a lot of close rounds and would get 90% of them as the home fighter.

For me I never really saw the elite skills enough to get really excited about him - when you have 10 close rounds and one guy wins 11-1 it just kind of takes away my desire to watch the fight since I feel the outcome is predetermined.

Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              Ward and Bradley are good friends. They hangout alot, most of the time in their interviews you could always see Andre Ward or Bradley when in the background respectively when one of them are interviewed.
              Nice, interesting stuff...didn't know that. Maybe that's why they can seem to be bickering...they have a close relationship like that

Originally posted by Worick View Post
              Ward is just insufferable all around. Arrogant dude
              Unfortunately those are more or less my sentiments as well.

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
              Im good with his commentary, good calls, tells you good tips here and there.
              Definitely a good boxing mind. I just don't think he keeps it '100' a lot of the time in general...my opinion

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... both Ward and Bradley are excellent boxing commentators... but, unfortunately, they were both awful on Saturday...
              I guess I am glad I had it on mute most of the night :0

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                I must be listening to a different audio stream because all I hear is a well informed, articulate and well balanced commentator in Ward. He's arrogant? Far from it. Guy has an even, humble tone, gives credit where credit is due and actually highlights important stuff during the fight I missed.
                Definitely a good boxing mind...just think he tries to put out a false narrative a lot of times about things...tries to put out the narrative that he wants to be true rather than what is the case...often times to try and make himself out to be something he isn't.

As I mentioned before though a lot of people are like that...I love Teddy Atlas but have watched a couple fights with him where I felt he was hyping up the house fighter, being a good company man.

That post-fight interview with Max about the first time getting dropped is a good example off the top of my head about Andre and his not really keeping it real for me. My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                  Lol that's pretty cool man - on a somewhat related note, the other day I was wondering what would happen if people ended up meeting and having a decent experience with an athlete they didn't like.

Just wondering how it would affect how they viewed that athlete going forward. I bet (not saying it was in your case) sometimes that happens and the athlete can gain a new biggest fan lol.

Side note - that Fenton's place looks delicious lol
                  Fenton’s is cool.
                  Meeting an athlete I am not fond of....hmmm.. Kobe Bryant..... I lost all respect for him when he was accused of ****, and threw Shaq’s name out there as a fellow hoe monger. The **** charge was easily thrown out.. that waitress had five types of jizz in her, but he said some crap about Shaquille smashing plenty of wimmin on the road. Betrayal like that... I’d meet him.. I doubt he ccoud win me over.

Comment

Kovalev made ward quit by losing and Vitali Klit made lennox lewis quit by losing. even when they lost they won

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                      Ward seems like a decent dude and a pretty smart guy - best example I guess of my issue with his personality is after Kov-Ward 1 he said in the ring it was the first time he got dropped in his career...when we all know Boone dropped him early on in his pro career. I guess I just always notice little stuff like that with him and I feel like he is trying to put on a persona at times that is not really genuine. My 2 cents.

Lol I like Tessitore usually...seems like a good dude...but yeah he definitely goes a little overboard at times. I kind of like the exuberance but I understand completely on the over-selling of some performances. Hate when house commentators over-hype their own fighters, but that's just the way it is I guess. Not much we can do about it.

Never paid much attention to SRL as a commentator tbh.

But for whatever reason I have always liked SRL...seems like a good classy dude but we all have our preferences.

Good post - I agree on the narrative pushing - it is terrible, but it is what it is. They invest in these fighters so of course they are going to help to sell them.

I hear ya on the all styles thing too - I'm a guy that likes watching Lara about as much as GGG.

I was being a little sarcastic about watching Andre as well - I think he was a tough smart fighter, and was well schooled in the dark arts of boxing. Very hard to look good against, even for A-B level guys.

I would watch a fight with Andre against anyone from B level and above - and have watched in total many of his fights (I did a lot of film study of him and Kov before the first Kov fight...basically watched anything I could find of them).

I just personally never saw the elite boxing skills from Andre in the ring when he stepped up to B or above competition...seemed like he fought his way to a lot of close rounds and would get 90% of them as the home fighter.

For me I never really saw the elite skills enough to get really excited about him - when you have 10 close rounds and one guy wins 11-1 it just kind of takes away my desire to watch the fight since I feel the outcome is predetermined.

Just my 2 cents.

Nice, interesting stuff...didn't know that. Maybe that's why they can seem to be bickering...they have a close relationship like that

Unfortunately those are more or less my sentiments as well.

Definitely a good boxing mind. I just don't think he keeps it '100' a lot of the time in general...my opinion

I guess I am glad I had it on mute most of the night :0
                      I brought him up cuz he Captain Obvious....He brings nothing to the table imo besides his name

Comment

Working...
                      X