No announcement yet.

I think we can all agree, boxing actually NEEDS Fury to lose to Schwarz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we can all agree, boxing actually NEEDS Fury to lose to Schwarz

The heavyweight division has been in desperate need of a shakeup for years. The same two guys were at the top, then Fury comes back, goes to the top for a hot minute, now is back fighting lesser opposition. Wilder's rematching someone he already knocked out, Joshua lost by knockout in a major upset.

Wilder isn't angry at Ortiz like he was with Breezy and Stiverne, so I don't see a highlight reel KO happening. At best, Ortiz drops him, at worst Ortiz gets blown out before the 6th round.

But Fury? If he beats Schwarz like he's expected to, remember...he's in Top Rank. Wilder "said" the rematch is after Ortiz, but we don't know that's a signed deal.

What if Schwarz beats Fury? It opens up the division to guys who aren't just about the money. Creates new feuds. New unknowns.

It's like when the Clinchko brothers were holding the division hostage; feels the same way, at least before Joshua got starched.

Schwarz is SO much of an underdog that him beating Fury just rolls the dice. Ruiz/Schwarz becomes a possibility and a true tossup.

No, we need to find out who the best is, not 6-7 different guys playing hot potato with all the belts.

Schwartz won't win, and after AJ losing a massive upset I am almost 100% certain of that

We need Fury/Wilder and AJ/Ruiz 2, winners face off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone WBCfan View Post
      No, we need to find out who the best is, not 6-7 different guys playing hot potato with all the belts.
      We find out who the best is AFTER each guy gets done with their respective supposed "soft touches". AJ failed his test, so clearly he's not the best. If Fury loses, he won't be the best, either. So then we'll just have new "bests".

Which is Best for Business.

Comment

Boxing needs Wilder/Fury both undefeated meeting this year.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          The heavyweight division has been in desperate need of a shakeup for years. The same two guys were at the top, then Fury comes back, goes to the top for a hot minute, now is back fighting lesser opposition. Wilder's rematching someone he already knocked out, Joshua lost by knockout in a major upset.

Wilder isn't angry at Ortiz like he was with Breezy and Stiverne, so I don't see a highlight reel KO happening. At best, Ortiz drops him, at worst Ortiz gets blown out before the 6th round.

But Fury? If he beats Schwarz like he's expected to, remember...he's in Top Rank. Wilder "said" the rematch is after Ortiz, but we don't know that's a signed deal.

What if Schwarz beats Fury? It opens up the division to guys who aren't just about the money. Creates new feuds. New unknowns.

It's like when the Clinchko brothers were holding the division hostage; feels the same way, at least before Joshua got starched.

Schwarz is SO much of an underdog that him beating Fury just rolls the dice. Ruiz/Schwarz becomes a possibility and a true tossup.
          Nah I want that scalp to be saved for Ruiz since I feel that Andy could beat Fury due to the fact that TF is pillow fisted.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            Originally posted by Crying Brandon View Post
            Nah I want that scalp to be saved for Ruiz since I feel that Andy could beat Fury due to the fact that TF is pillow fisted.
            Come on ya'll, that '0' isn't that critical. They can still fight with a LOSS on the record.

Comment

We find out who the best is AFTER each guy gets done with their respective supposed "soft touches". AJ failed his test, so clearly he's not the best. If Fury loses, he won't be the best, either. So then we'll just have new "bests".

Which is Best for Business.
              You aren't even making sense.

I think you are a Wilder fan

Comment

Boxing needs big fights, and one of those big fights is Fury-Wilder II

Comment

It really doesn't matter but I laughed my fkn as off when Joshua lost, will laugh my fkn as off if Fury loses to Schwartz and will laugh my fkn ass off when or if Wilder loses to a huge underdog. I don't care about blame or purses - top HW dudes just need to fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                    No...businessmen need them undefeated. Boxing fans need to see the best fighting the best. And if Ruiz Schwartz or Ortiz turn out to be those guys then so be it.

Comment

Working...
                    X