Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zab Judah Released From Hospital, Prognosis Looks Promising

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucks to see guys like this still fighting

Comment

God bless, this is why all these folks need to be reminded to simmer the fk down about who fights who and stop taking this so seriously. These guys are the ones risking it all.

Comment

Why do I feel like this Karma?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatRubdini View Post
          My dumbass read Prograis looks promising lol I was like hold up, he shouldn't fight him next
          lol,same here

Comment

In Brooklyn I saw and met this brother hanging with his boys - they were all standing outside a row of huge SUVs. It was after the Tsyu fight, he told me, "they don't wanna give me the rematch." He was cool throughout our brief talk......

Bleeding on the brain(?) isn't a gross exaggeration! Hopefully he realizes this will always be a young mans sport and that just because he competed successfully in this before, doesnt mean he's somehow still formidable enough to hang with the worst of em' - not sayin' the guy he fought was in the "worse" category.

Comment

Hope he never fights again. It's hard to have financial problems when all you know is boxing but boxing isn't any job. Younger guys will kill you because you can't move out of the way of punches the way you used to.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                God bless, this is why all these folks need to be reminded to simmer the fk down about who fights who and stop taking this so seriously. These guys are the ones risking it all.
                erm...
                what??

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                Why do I feel like this Karma?
                karma for what??

Comment

Great News! Time to hang up the gloves Zab

Comment

This is pretty sad. If you calculate zab's purses over the years he's probably made over 10 million dollars in sport. But him working in a nursing home seems to be an indicator that a lot of that money if not all of it is gone. And the nature of this come back which probably was not even for a six-figure Payday paints a pretty Grim picture of the situation. To be honest his life post boxing is probably not that bad and it was not desperation that made this come back more so just a bad decision. This is the situation Manny Pacquiao could be in with Thurman. It's not luck & Russian Roulette. When you get hit years and years and years it's inevitable that eventually your brain is going to start getting to the point where it doesn't want to be hit anymore. That's why I think Pacquiao should retire. He's on the high-risk list because of all the punches he's taken in 24 years in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Hamster View Post
                      This is pretty sad. If you calculate zab's purses over the years he's probably made over 10 million dollars in sport. But him working in a nursing home seems to be an indicator that a lot of that money if not all of it is gone. And the nature of this come back which probably was not even for a six-figure Payday paints a pretty Grim picture of the situation. To be honest his life post boxing is probably not that bad and it was not desperation that made this come back more so just a bad decision. This is the situation Manny Pacquiao could be in with Thurman. It's not luck & Russian Roulette. When you get hit years and years and years it's inevitable that eventually your brain is going to start getting to the point where it doesn't want to be hit anymore. That's why I think Pacquiao should retire. He's on the high-risk list because of all the punches he's taken in 24 years in the sport.
                      Reminds me of Jerry Quarry - took a fight at 47 as he needed the money and could still trade a bit on his name, 3 years later he could hardly speak and didn't have the ability to feed and clothe himself, and to the best of my knowledge, that was without a brain-bleed situation.

Comment

Working...
                      X