Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you all like how aj took his loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how ruiz absolutely demolished and humiliated joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Boxing fans are funny. we all are.

We hate people making excuses, but when someone doesn't make excuses we hate that too.
      Tbf, on reflection, there's probably not much AJ could've said that would've rectified the situation for me, short of admitting that something's gone badly wrong, but then he seems quite oblivious and complacent even. If you take a surprising loss like that, and look bad doing it, it's no good saying, 'Ah we did our best, time to regroup' blah blah blah, it's too late for that. What's he been doing the last 8 years exactly? He should be in his prime, not learning how to fight tall for the first time in his life, with question-marks over his cardio, or for him to be saying 'The better man won' - no disrespect to Ruiz, but AJ lost this fight all on his own. Or should I say, he lost with the magnificent help of McCrappen and a ******ly big entourage. £££ $$$$... It was shameful to see Joshua prancing around the basketball courts of NY yesterday, telling people, 'Ah boxing's a funny old game!' Fuck that noise. Fuck the hangers on.

There are important questions that have now been raised, such as 'Does AJ really want this?' Unless, of course, there is corruption involved, but if that is the case, the way AJ is acting, again, suggests that he is complicit. So, whatever way you look at things, AJ comes off looking like a prize fool, not a prize fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        Like Victor Ortiz after Marcos Maidana
        Im glad i aint the only one that noticed. He was vintage Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by RENE BOX YOUNG View Post
          What are your thoughts on how AJ took his "L".
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCdkgaq-Gbg&t=269s
          ... AJ took his loss like the "millennial hipster" that he is... This ain't OK, doe...

Comment

What is there to dislike? He took the loss like a true champ

Comment

Externally he was classy.

How he actually took it is down to him.

Makes me laugh when I read people saying "he showed he's not going to learn from it". You've got to be pretty special to think there will be no post mortem on the loss.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                Im glad i aint the only one that noticed. He was vintage Ortiz.
                Ortiz quit and then said he should not be getting hit.

AJ was still wanting the fight and was simply gracious. My only issue is he looked so relieved, as if he did not want to be champion....what that means for the rest of his career I do not know. I'd be curious to have a chat with him when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                  Externally he was classy.

How he actually took it is down to him.

Makes me laugh when I read people saying "he showed he's not going to learn from it". You've got to be pretty special to think there will be no post mortem on the loss.
                  I think McCracken has taken him as far as he can. If AJ can't adapt and overcome against Ruiz, he's got no chance against Fury. Yeah, of course there will be a post-mortem, but all the sounds I'm hearing seem to be more to do with brand-control than anything specifically to do with boxing. I'm with Lewis on this, change trainers, change something. But then, maybe AJ has gone as far he can too - we'll see how he reacts long-term, my worry is that he's saying all the wrong things as of right now, considering.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

AJ was still wanting the fight and was simply gracious. My only issue is he looked so relieved, as if he did not want to be champion....what that means for the rest of his career I do not know. I'd be curious to have a chat with him when I can.
                    ... "AJ was still wanting the fight"!?!... Are you for real, man???

Go at 2:30 ...

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

Like i say tho..I brought up Ortiz cuz Ol' Vic would lose and act almost like the opponent was apart of his camp. I looked at Josh post fight interviews trying to read him. and idk he seemed like he cared but moreso didnt. I mean im suprised he didn't take a photo with Ruiz family the way he was acting lol. I guess we will see. But he better fix it b4 thinking about stepping in with Hitman Wilder

Comment

Working...
                      X