Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder has BANNED referee Jack Reiss from his fights!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bet he isnt looking to ban the judges who gifted him the draw. Wilder needs to accept they got lucky and should work on it in training rather than blaming officials and oil and broken limbs and gypsy curses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Granath View Post
      Go f'n time it. It's 22 seconds from the time Fury is knocked down until the ref restarts the fight. I've been watching boxing longer than most of you have been alive - quite literally thousands of matches - and I've never seen a ref give a fighter 22 seconds. I don't know about you but I'd like refs to follow standard procedures and that's not one in that state.

Wilder fans aren't bitter. The fight was a draw. It's the Fury fans that are bitter about that.
      First of all you said the check took 22 seconds, now you're saying it's from the time Fury got knocked down. Like I said, stop spouting nonsense and purposely exaggerating things to make excuses.

I have timed it. Fury beat the ten count (dispelling the long count myth) and then was given another 9-10 seconds before the fight resumed. Reiss asked him if he was okay to continue, make him walk a few steps to check his balance, then wiped his gloves and the fight resumed. The only thing Reiss could have omitted was the little walk to check his balance and that would have saved what... five seconds at most? Do you honestly think that those five seconds would have made any difference in the outcome of the fight? Don't you think it's better for the ref to take an additional few seconds in assessing the fighter in order to make the correct decision when deciding whether or not to allow the fight to continue?

Reiss did a terrific and fair job. He was highly commended for the way he handled the second knockdown by the Showtime broadcast team and boxing fans in general, and deservedly so. The only people complaining have been bitter Wilder fans looking for an excuse. You are clearly one of those, as further evidenced by the fact that you agree with the fight being ruled a draw. It was not a draw, just like Lewis-Holyfield I was not a draw. Tyson Fury clearly won and if you've been watching boxing for as long as you say you have then you should have easily been able to identify that, unless you're blinded by bias that is. If there's any piece of officiating from that fight which a non-biased boxing fan should be criticising, it's the judging. But no, that's not part of your agenda, is it?

Comment

• No you can't ban a referee from your fights.

Comment

• Wilder wants to ban ref for not prematurely stopping fight? What next, fury banning judges for robbery?
          We know fury was fine after getting up so the idea should be in hindsight ref was right in not stopping fight.
          The very idea of stopping fight is a manufacturer's idea shouldn't even be discussed.
          You have to give the man who was ahead on points, hadn't taken.much punishment, was in the last and final round, a full 10 count and chance to get up. Fury was unbeaten, and always gets up..Wilder knew fury was getting up deep down. The premature celebration was an act
          Last edited by hugh grant; 06-08-2019, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Granath View Post
            Go f'n time it. It's 22 seconds from the time Fury is knocked down until the ref restarts the fight. I've been watching boxing longer than most of you have been alive - quite literally thousands of matches - and I've never seen a ref give a fighter 22 seconds. I don't know about you but I'd like refs to follow standard procedures and that's not one in that state.

Wilder fans aren't bitter. The fight was a draw. It's the Fury fans that are bitter about that.
            What’s an acceptable amount of time from being dropped to the ref restarting the fight? From when Ruiz was dropped v AJ to fighting again was about 16/17 seconds? Is that ok? What’s the cut off point?

At the end of the day you just need to beat the 10 and give the ref chance to see you can fight on. Reiss does it his way, Wilder would’ve got the same procedure if he was dropped.

Wilder should be more concerned about getting schooled by a guy coming off a 3 year coke binge instead of blaming the ref for doing his job.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 06-08-2019, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
              “Jack Reiss will NEVER referee another one of my fights ever again, he gave Fury too much time and help!”

Comment from wilder just few days ago in interview he gave.

Is he allowed to do this?
              Isn't this like the definition of racial discrimination? Yeah, bumsquad has an established history of racism so, I'm not surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                Petty AF. Right out of the PBF playbook.
                "I'm with the same team that got Mayweather to where he is at now." - Bumsquad Wilder

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  U

Not everything is like for like if it was anybody could be a ref as they would all be like robots making same decisions.
                  Tyson was not taking much punishment was probably way ahead on cards in reiss opinion. Tyson was unbeaten, had gotten up no problem 3 rounds earlier. Lots of things to take into account, which a good ref can handle. Reiss can't be thinking I remember when F roch downed groves in 2nd fight and ref stopped groves getting up! Each case is taken on own merits.
                  Tyson was minutes from winning you think reiss or any ref wouldn't give fury chance to get up? Really?
                  It's not just the getting up thing! Unless you are new to boxing, when a guy gets nailed to his back and lays there with his eyes closed, until the count of five (by the ref's own admissoin) how many fights can you compare that too?

I noticed you gave no comparison whatsoever of a similar scenario. Weiss did everything other than smelling salts or mouth to mouth.

After much, much watching on youtube, the fight, whatever source you want....Fury landed an average of a little over one punch per round compared to Wilder. FYI , I don't score according to punch stats, but this one was close in the end. I gave fury the decision, but thinkj Wilder was robbed of the ko.

Comment

• Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                    when a guy gets nailed to his back and lays there with his eyes closed, until the count of five (by the ref's own admissoin) how many fights can you compare that too.
                    I gave fury the decision, but thinkj Wilder was robbed of the ko.
                    You think ref should have prematurely stopped fight?I
                    We have hindsight. The ref could have stopped fight, but because we have hindsight we know it was a good call by ref and it was good it wasn't stopped,

Comment

• Damn this thread caught FIRE!

Comment

Working...
                      X