No announcement yet.

Andy Ruiz: "If Joshua wants rematch in the UK, they gotta give me 50 million."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    I don't think it works like that. There was a report that Floyd had to sit out 1 year for his rematch clause to expire after he fought Oscar and Oscar triggered his rematch clause Floyd announced his retirement and came back 1 day after the rematch clause expired announcing his return to boxing. Ruiz likely can't just vacate one or more belts and fight someone else. Probably get sued unless he sits out 1 year and waits for the rematch clause to expire like Floyd did.
    All I'm saying is he can stall AJs return to the top. If he chose to sit it out...AJ doesn't automatically get the belts back. He would basically be back to square one fighting for them individually...and at some point Wilder or Fury would pick one up through mandatory or unification. You either pay the airfare or drive your car....depends on how quickly you want to get where you are going. If AJ comes back...I suspect it will be the airfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
      Every contract also has a buyout clause.

Haymon can pay $5 million to buy out the rematch clause and make Ruiz vs Wilder.

Andy would win an out in arbitration as precedent was set for 3 belt HW champ at $50 million. Remember Wilder offered it publicly to AJ.

Hearn is getting played in America left and right.
      ***** me you're a moron. Of course you can't buy your way out of a rematch clause. I can't find the details but the precedent is Lennox Lewis took Rahman to court because he tried to duck the rematch and of course won.

There is no way out of a rematch clause, you either fight, retire or go to court and lose and pay huge damages. It's that simple.

Comment

He just talking. Probably has no idea of the contract he signed.

Comment

You tell 'em Andy! You won, you're the champ, you're the boss.

PAY. THE. MAN.

Comment

50m sounds crazy but he can probably get 25m, Ruiz won his golden ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              Nobody knows what’s in the contract, yet everyone is fighting about it and throwing out “facts”

Andy even said he doesn’t know what’s fully in the contract, but some posters on here seem to be experts.

I have no idea how much can be put into the rematch clauses. Does it just state that the champ has the right to an immediate rematch? How in depth does it go?

Nobody here has any idea because they arent made public unless they come out from court cases. You could probably look up fight contracts that were released in court as part of lawsuits.

It probably varies, depending on what promoters what their standardized rematch clause would be and it also probably depends on the likelihood that they though their fighter would be upset. If they thought it was high risk they would spend more time on the details. They thought Ruiz was pretty low risk so they may have not put all the details in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
                ***** me you're a moron. Of course you can't buy your way out of a rematch clause. I can't find the details but the precedent is Lennox Lewis took Rahman to court because he tried to duck the rematch and of course won.

There is no way out of a rematch clause, you either fight, retire or go to court and lose and pay huge damages. It's that simple.

Its more complicated than that. What if Ruiz wanted to fight someone in Mexico or some other random country? Hearns would have to get the courts in that country to stop the fight, while suing him in the US or UK whatever country their contract is under for the damages.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  Where are the people saying that everything is agreed to in the rematch contract, including money and venue. I was told Joshua and Hearn dictate everything in the rematch. Sadly for them, it doesn't seem like it is, at all.
                  Seems more like Ruiz knew what he signed...

Of course they signed a split, presumably a figure of 6-7-10million (similar range to the offer to Ortiz) and guaranteed final decision on the location.

Ruiz is either playing or doesn't know what he signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post

Yeah some people are dumb, they wish it’s that easy to get out of a rematch clause lol. Gosh I don’t know why people allow hate to make them look like duma*ses lol.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                      Nobody here has any idea because they arent made public unless they come out from court cases. You could probably look up fight contracts that were released in court as part of lawsuits.

It probably varies, depending on what promoters what their standardized rematch clause would be and it also probably depends on the likelihood that they though their fighter would be upset. If they thought it was high risk they would spend more time on the details. They thought Ruiz was pretty low risk so they may have not put all the details in it.
                      If they think he is low risk then they probably didn’t put all those things in the contract, so you are right.

Comment

Working...
                      X