Ruiz vs Joshua 2 biggest fight of 2019?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Thurman/Pacquiao
    That’s a good fight but won’t get world wide attention like Ruiz and Joshua will.

Thurman is a good fighter and well known name around boxing but he is like a man with no country and a lot of fans turned on manny because they thought he would be the one to beat Floyd. A big fight but won’t catch the casual media like I think the rematch will.

Comment

Yea, but this is a garbage year for boxing. So, it really doesn't mean much. People are excited about Pac/Thurman but one is old, one hasn't done shyt in years, and they aren't even the top 2 guys in their division. This is just a weak year so far.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Pacquiao doesn’t bring in the Asian fan base? I thought he was pretty big over on that boxing hungry continent.

Not to mention the stacked undercard literally caters to almost every fan base.
        this fight got a huge exposure all over the world. it was a huge upset. the last time pacquiao got that much exposure was when he fought floyd. before that when he got iced.

casuals don't really care about undercards. we do, but casuals are usually only interested in main events.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          For now? Yes. When Ruiz is on Showtime defending his titles? Nope.....
          That’s why I think Hearn is going to risk it all and run the rematch immediately because he knows if Ruiz fights and loses to one of haymons guys even tho Ruiz is one them they will never see those belts again for a long time, or Hearn has to bend the knee and take what ever haymon offers him.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post

Almost 10 million views in 3 days, rematch is going to be HUGE!!

RIP Dazn.
            Speaking of dazn, have they released any indication of viewership of the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
              Everybody is talking about it. People and bloggers who don’t really follow boxing are all ready posting about the rematch.

Could this be a blessing in disguise for dazn?
              It could be a blessing in disguise for DAZN since they get to rake money in from a rematch due to an 'unexpected' result in the 1st.

As for biggest fight of 2019? Nah since when Alvarez announces his opponent it will get talked about way more than when Ruiz vs AJ 1 was announced. My dude Andy has the 2nd most important fight though of the year in the rematch a close second to Saul's Mexican Independence Day Weekend matchup since the build up, 40 days, press conferences will be stronger when the rival is announced
              Last edited by Mr.365; 06-05-2019, 02:07 AM.

Comment

I think Canelo vs TBA in September is the biggest fight of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                  this fight got a huge exposure all over the world. it was a huge upset. the last time pacquiao got that much exposure was when he fought floyd. before that when he got iced.

casuals don't really care about undercards. we do, but casuals are usually only interested in main events.
                  While I agree with you about undercards for the most part, Figueroa Jr brings in a lot of Mexican casuals, Ugas the Cubans, and Plant turned out to be a surprisingly big draw. I’m expecting this to do surprising numbers.

Comment

RIP Dazn.

Comment

Yeah its going to be very big. But it wont be the biggest fight of the year across the division. It was a big shock upset and word has got round. Alot of people believe there seemed to be something wrong with Joshua, so the rematch will feel like it has huge implications for him. This is do or die, Everybody talking about was he fit to fight, was he right in the head, did he have a panic attack, had he been concussed with just a week to go??? Did Ruiz just have his number and the same thing will happen again?

Last weekend was a nightmare for Joshua. He cant afford for that to happen again, the haters obviously jump on him straight away to mock him but even they know Joshua didnt look right for that fight. He gets a chance to redeem himself and the hype of whether he can or he cant will drive this fight and build it up. It will be a big fight by the time it happens.

Obviously it will be huge in the UK. All Joshua fights are. Dont be fooled in to thinking his British fans have turned their backs on him, thats not how it works in the UK. And hopefully Americans and Mexicans are getting behind Andy Ruiz just for the fact the man is now a bit of a legend and is the champ after all.

Comment

Working...
                      X