No announcement yet.

Why people still support the likes of Eddie Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
    Hearns is a parasitic piece of scum. I detest how much support he gets on forums like this. Scumbag’s job description entails of making a couple of phone calls a day, signing contracts once his legal team have checked it over and getting 20% of a fighters blood, sweat and tears.

Support Joshua by any means, he’s the one who takes the punches and risks his life and deserves every penny of his earnings. However that vermin Joshua keeps next to him is what brings hate to Joshua.

Joshua doesn’t even need a promoter. He can sign a direct contract with Sky Sports and a US TV Partner without that rat. Let him go AJ, so he can feed off another fighter like the parasite he is.

It was Hearn’s decision to take him to the U.S because of his DAZN deal. Which is a massive conflict of interest. Eddie Hearn has DAZN’s interests at heart NOT the career of Anthony Joshua anymore. It was Hearn who screwed up the Joshua-Wilder fight in 2018 with his big mouth.
    Dude's a boxing promoter, being a lying slippery mfer goes with the job description I think. He's no better or worse than the other guys in the game far as I can tell... they're all parasitic flesh traders, but the successful ones also earn their fighters better money than they can get elsewhere so it ain't like it's a purely negative thing from the fighters' point of view. I don't understand folk who support promoters whether it's Hearn or Haymon, Arum or Oscar... all doing the same damn thing and if you think different it probably gives more insight into your own biases and prejudices than it does into the workings of the real world.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-05-2019, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
      I think you're just completely ignorant of the Hearn/AJ relationship. It has been made clear many many times that AJ calls his own shots. He has his own company AJBXNG and he manages fighters like Cordina, Okolie, Buatsi and Cissokho.
      He's fighting under the banner of Matchroom.

And who gives a f#ck who he manages? Maybe that'll turn into something at some point, but the big money right now is in the Joshua business.

If they weren't happy then they wouldn't sign their contracts. I don't know why you are so angry and looking at their pockets, Canelo and AJ are the biggest earners in the sport and you are angry at their promoters for some reason
      Where am I expressing angry at Eddie or Oscar or any promoter necessarily? I'm just saying Joshua is throwing away money not paying Eddie or whoever promotes his fights a fee & having a fight by fight deal vs a long term contract.

Without their promoters they wouldn't be in their positions and they wouldn't have the access to their current network deals.
      To some extent I agree with this, but the loyalty fighters have to promoters is seldom matched by promoters towards as fighters enter the backside of their careers. I think boxers should be more forward thinking with how they operate when they become a brand themselves. And Joshua is a bigger brand then Matchroom these days.

These big name boxers aren't taking their max upside in the limited time they have in the game. Thats all I'm saying. The specific boxers & the specific promoters don't really matter.
      Last edited by Eff Pandas; 06-05-2019, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X