Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why people still support the likes of Eddie Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watch the Matchroom cards like I watch the other cards by the other two - because I like boxing. I was never big on AJ but always liked him, still do. Heard has picked up some good prospects that I like but I still expect DAZN and Matchroom USA to fizzle out.

Comment

I don't understand the blind loyalty & tribalism to promoters/broadcasters on these forums (or in general) at all. Towards the fighters I can understand at least somewhat at least.

From what I have seen Matchroom seems to have done a good job promoting boxing in the UK, not from there so others would know better.

Hearn interviews well and is very accessible so that is a positive start and to be honest I really haven't seen much in the way of inconsistancies from him, I mean compare him to Bob Arum these days if you want to see some crazy talk.

Seems like most of the hate is because hes not on "their" side, very few of his fighters seem to complain from what I have seen, could be wrong though. He seems to have ruffled some feathers though on here.

Who honestly looks at Joshua flaws and all and thinks "Gee with the right promotion this kid could be someone", he's probably made more money than Wilder & Fury combined in less fights than either of them.

Comment

He does good fights this year so far GB/Matchroom have had the best fights in DAZN. Even A.J defeat was a darn good entertaining upset.

Comment

In 100% agreement Joshua doesn't need a promoter. I don't get ANY of these big name cats who keep a promoter around. Fight by fight is fine, but a big name guy shouldn't be tied with any promoter. And it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to not be tied to a platform, but obviously thats a harder thing to go against when platforms can secure you 9 digit deals. But yea Joshua needs to lose Eddie as soon as possible.

Comment

9 times out of 10 if someone looks like a scumbag, they are a scumbag. Hearn looks like a scumbag.

Comment

Originally posted by DJrabit View Post
              He does good fights this year so far GB/Matchroom have had the best fights in DAZN. Even A.J defeat was a darn good entertaining upset.

agree, green k sent

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                In 100% agreement Joshua doesn't need a promoter. I don't get ANY of these big name cats who keep a promoter around. Fight by fight is fine, but a big name guy shouldn't be tied with any promoter. And it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to not be tied to a platform, but obviously thats a harder thing to go against when platforms can secure you 9 digit deals. But yea Joshua needs to lose Eddie as soon as possible.
                But why, because you don't like him? Joshua has management apart from Matchroom, you really think he is getting tricked or persuated into fights he doesn't want to take or talked out of fights he does want?

Also you really think Joshua wants to be organising event staff & media acceditation, hiring venues for public workouts and a million other things he is better off getting an estabished organisation to deal with?

I just haven't heard one coherent reason why he would ditch Hearn as promoter, he already isn't signed to dazn so thats a different argument.

Comment

Originally posted by andocom View Post
                  But why, because you don't like him? Joshua has management apart from Matchroom, you really think he is getting tricked or persuated into fights he doesn't want to take or talked out of fights he does want?

Also you really think Joshua wants to be organising event staff & media acceditation, hiring venues for public workouts and a million other things he is better off getting an estabished organisation to deal with?

I just haven't heard one coherent reason why he would ditch Hearn as promoter, he already isn't signed to dazn so thats a different argument.
                  I think Eddie is the best promoter in the game, although I think his US lean over the last 12ish months or w/e his lowered him in my mind I must admit so idk if I necessarily got him #1 anymore tbf, so maybe I should just say "among the best promoters" these days. Idk why some of you cats up in here think you gotta dislike someone to be critical of them or pro-someone else doing sh^t without someone.

That said Joshua don't need no promoter. Neither does Canelo. Its stupid those guys are throwing away money to these guys to "promote" them when they've reached a whole new level of boxing off of their own popularity.

Eddie should be giving Joshua part ownership in Matchroom to fight on his shows if he's signing a long term deal with him. Same for Canelo with Oscar.

When you reach a certain level of fame in this game you can dictate more of your own terms then Joshua is doing.

And sh^t man he can do a fight by fight deal with Eddie if he digs Eddie, but it seems like Joshua should be fighting under AJ Promotions to me & cashing bigger checks & getting more backend money & paying Eddie a fee if Eddie works for AJ Promotions twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I think Eddie is the best promoter in the game, although I think his US lean over the last 12ish months or w/e his lowered him in my mind I must admit so idk if I necessarily got him #1 anymore tbf, so maybe I should just say "among the best promoters" these days. Idk why some of you cats up in here think you gotta dislike someone to be critical of them or pro-someone else doing sh^t without someone.

That said Joshua don't need no promoter. Neither does Canelo. Its stupid those guys are throwing away money to these guys to "promote" them when they've reached a whole new level of boxing off of their own popularity.

Eddie should be giving Joshua part ownership in Matchroom to fight on his shows if he's signing a long term deal with him. Same for Canelo with Oscar.

When you reach a certain level of fame in this game you can dictate more of your own terms then Joshua is doing.

And sh^t man he can do a fight by fight deal with Eddie if he digs Eddie, but it seems like Joshua should be fighting under AJ Promotions to me & cashing bigger checks & getting more backend money & paying Eddie a fee if Eddie works for AJ Promotions twice a year.
                    I think you're just completely ignorant of the Hearn/AJ relationship. It has been made clear many many times that AJ calls his own shots. He has his own company AJBXNG and he manages fighters like Cordina, Okolie, Buatsi and Cissokho.

He also clearly makes a ****ing ton of money, as does Canelo. They both keep their promoters because it clearly works for them. The promoter is taking a cut which they are happy with because they obviously provide them an acceptable service.

If they weren't happy then they wouldn't sign their contracts. I don't know why you are so angry and looking at their pockets, Canelo and AJ are the biggest earners in the sport and you are angry at their promoters for some reason

Without their promoters they wouldn't be in their positions and they wouldn't have the access to their current network deals.

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
                      Hearns is a parasitic piece of scum. I detest how much support he gets on forums like this. Scumbag’s job description entails of making a couple of phone calls a day, signing contracts once his legal team have checked it over and getting 20% of a fighters blood, sweat and tears.

Support Joshua by any means, he’s the one who takes the punches and risks his life and deserves every penny of his earnings. However that vermin Joshua keeps next to him is what brings hate to Joshua.

Joshua doesn’t even need a promoter. He can sign a direct contract with Sky Sports and a US TV Partner without that rat. Let him go AJ, so he can feed off another fighter like the parasite he is.

It was Hearn’s decision to take him to the U.S because of his DAZN deal. Which is a massive conflict of interest. Eddie Hearn has DAZN’s interests at heart NOT the career of Anthony Joshua anymore. It was Hearn who screwed up the Joshua-Wilder fight in 2018 with his big mouth.
                      Casual hater by any chance? How you have just described Hearn you could describe any promoter or manager. If all promoters and managers could be wiped out of the sport then fine but to say they are fine just not Eddie Hearn is sad and seeing as you have only made a thread about Eddie Hearn and no other promoter im presume thats how you are seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X