Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder On Hearn 'Classless' Quip: I Feel The Same Way About Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If AJ loses to Ruiz again that could be it, the end of a briefly successful but incredibly lucrative boxing career at a high level. He could still fight Fury and Wilder but it just wouldn't be big fights, and they aren't significant fights now even.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
      Wilder still going on about the phantom $50m when he turned down Skippers offer worth more than twice as much?
      it wasnt phantom at all ...it was confirmed that wilders side proved everything to hearn(even though they shouldnt have had to...as they have a strong of a rep as anyone in the sport with haymon, finkel and espinoza on his side)...hearn confirmed the 50 mil was real

the best part tho? AJ actually asked for that money...then the minute it was produced he tucked tail and ran...."i wont sell my soul for 50 million"...and "its gotta be in the UK for the fans"

wilder never asked DAZN for any deal....never asked them for any money...he had faith in his people and the course they plotted....all wilder ever asked was that AJs people were sensible

and of course hearn once offered him less than parker made against AJ....lol....

so quick recap....AJ asked for the 50 million...wilder never asked DAZN for anything

40 mil for a fight he could prob make 50+ in with US Ppv...and then another 40 mil for a rematch? when wilder could have been the winner and commanded more than that? yeah that was a great deal too! NOT

Comment

• Kind of hope the rematch doesn't happen because if AJ wins there's no doubt in my mind he holds the belts hostage.

Comment

• What an amazing result and bout absolutely master class from AR and poor AJ was destroyed.
          From my perspective looking at the fight first it was clear that the lack of amateur pedigree was very visible in AJ. Once you have a lot of experience behind you the training/fight experience is ingrained, and you react so that you no longer need to think a sort of auto pilot. This experience helps you to handle a huge variety of circumstances in the ring and maintain a degree of composure. For AJ what this translates to is the possibility that there is very little he can draw on when in trouble and that he is reliant completely on training and tactics/strategy and motivation from his corner. This then should be no surprise on how quickly AJ crumbled and was decimated by AR.
          AJ in this boxing bout showcased absolutely nothing. There was no Jab, no ring general ship, no movement, no defence there was nothing i saw that i would recognize in a boxer. AJ has shown in previous bouts power and conditioning in this one i could see he only had some power which completely diminished once he was hit.
          If I was an AJ fan i would be highly concerned not in the loss but the nature of the loss. The very basics of boxing seemed to be missing. He got knocked down 4 times and quit the bout against arguably a sub-standard low on the boxing ranking heavyweight. If you learn one thing from this then it should be that the rankings and the belts don't determine the best. When someone says they are a top 10 fighter it means very little or even if they hold a belt so what we must remember is that rankings are all about a collaboration between promoters and the ABCs. This is show business first and a sport second and that point should never be forgotten and missed.
          Looking forward I have to add that this isn’t the end of the road for AJ. A loss is no big deal in the HW division, what’s of more importance is making the right decisions and AJ needs a good manager who can look after his personal interests. Im not sure that jumping right back in to a bout with AR is the correct choice based on the nature of his loss, I mean this man got totally destroyed this is not a lucky punch scenario.
          I would urge AJ to change his team at the very least because there some real rebuilding work required, he cannot afford to take boxing lightly and needs to concentrate on the craft and sweet science rather than his endorsement revenue, certainly he needs a balance if he wants to prolong his boxing career. However should he keep going as he has been then even if he beats AR in a rematch he may be just covering up the cracks and is almost certainly destined for further decimation by other opponents into early retirement.

Comment

• So the fight we all wanted never happened because hearn called finkel winkle? Lol. Worst excuse ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
              Aj got beat fair and square. Showed nothing but class in congratulating Ruiz and admitted it was Andy's night. There's no arguing that. But your DSLs for Wilder are showing and there's no arguing that either.
              im not even talking about wilder im talkin about AJ!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sickmerch1990
                Only dumb lower class black idiots will buy into wilder was the one ducked the Ortiz rematch proved it he was scared of Joshua and had no heart aj lost but was game wilder is a disgrace to boxing hope he gets drive buyed the lowlife
                lower class black idiots huh???

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Joshua is going to forever regret turning down that $50 million offer.
                  wilder warned him and now it came to fruition

Comment

• Originally posted by Sickmerch1990
                    Only dumb lower class black idiots will buy into wilder was the one ducked the Ortiz rematch proved it he was scared of Joshua and had no heart aj lost but was game wilder is a disgrace to boxing hope he gets drive buyed the lowlife
                    ONLY on the INTERNET or have a badge and an equalizer would you lil d!ck recessive vampires would you get away with this

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      it wasnt phantom at all ...it was confirmed that wilders side proved everything to hearn(even though they shouldnt have had to...as they have a strong of a rep as anyone in the sport with haymon, finkel and espinoza on his side)...hearn confirmed the 50 mil was real

the best part tho? AJ actually asked for that money...then the minute it was produced he tucked tail and ran...."i wont sell my soul for 50 million"...and "its gotta be in the UK for the fans"

wilder never asked DAZN for any deal....never asked them for any money...he had faith in his people and the course they plotted....all wilder ever asked was that AJs people were sensible

and of course hearn once offered him less than parker made against AJ....lol....

so quick recap....AJ asked for the 50 million...wilder never asked DAZN for anything

40 mil for a fight he could prob make 50+ in with US Ppv...and then another 40 mil for a rematch? when wilder could have been the winner and commanded more than that? yeah that was a great deal too! NOT
                      The $50m that was bankrolled by Frank Warren and would have required Joshua to fight on a rival UK network to the one he is contracted to? Yes sunshine, that was a real offer indeed wasn't it. Where Wilder is apparently a network free agent and turned down $100m for 3 fights on DAZN - one of which was the half round blowout against Breazeale? $20m for 2 less than 2 minutes work is nothing to be sniffed at.
                      If this weekend has proved anything, it is to not let things "marinate" for too long in the HW division. Any fight between Joshua and Wilder would have seen Joshua contribute far more towards the total profits, but now his value would have diminished and Wilder's value is currently not significantly higher than it has been for the last few years. All in all the value of the Joshua-Wilder fight has now dropped dramatically. Wilder should have taken the money. If Joshua had fought half as bad against him as he did against Ruiz, Wilder would now be $100M richer and very likely the undisputed champ as well. He'd be the king that he seems to think he is, but then life is sometimes about opportunities missed.
                      Last edited by Adamsc151; 06-05-2019, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X