No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Would Love a Joshua Rematch in Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
    I will be sad to see Joshua lose at Wembley.
    Hearn hoping to fly Adalaide Byrd in just in case in goes 12.

Comment

The fight makes the most money in the U.K. But, if money isn’t the most important thing to him. And, there’s nothing in the contract stipulating that the rematch has to take place in the U.K. Ruiz has every right to have the fight take place wherever he wants it. I’ve actually been annoyed at Hearn’s smug, punk ass taking as if it’s almost an afterthought that the rematch will be in the U.K. Obviously this clown doesn’t understand he’s not calling any shots in this here situation.

Comment

Originally posted by sapo13 View Post
        WOW so it looks like the Belts are classified as MEXICAN belts now!! i thought they would be American titles like oscar de la hoya fernando vargas, mickey garcia.

Andy ruiz is an american citizen so i wonder why the belts arent cassified as American titles!! do they give you personal choice?

andy can do what he wants but a little american pride would be nice!!! after all he is an american citizen!! of mexican heritage!!

That being said he should look for a rematch in VEGAS more money!! then he can do a title defence in mexico if he wants!!

He was born in Mexico. That’s why they are calling it mexican titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Mexicans are American
          North Americans*

Comment

Originally posted by Junbengreat View Post
            See this is how lies get started. He was born in California.

His parents are from Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Junbengreat View Post
              na man he was born in california and hes a us citizen!!

Comment

Put it in Tijuana with Eggington vs Margarito as the co main and I'll be sitting close enough for Ruiz's boobs to slap me in the face

Comment

If the fight was in the UK, the ref would have stopped it after Joshua got that first KD.

Comment

AJ would have a panic attack in mexico cant put it there. UK or nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      The fight makes the most money in the U.K. But, if money isn’t the most important thing to him. And, there’s nothing in the contract stipulating that the rematch has to take place in the U.K. Ruiz has every right to have the fight take place wherever he wants it. I’ve actually been annoyed at Hearn’s smug, punk ass taking as if it’s almost an afterthought that the rematch will be in the U.K. Obviously this clown doesn’t understand he’s not calling any shots in this here situation.
                      We can only guess what the terms are based on what is being said by Hearn at the moment (as ever, as reliable a source as the internet), in that he's said the rematch clause is 'bullet proof' - whatever that means, but lets assume fairly tight - plus his confidence that the rematch takes place where the Joshua team wants it. So got to assume for now that its not something left in the contract for negotiation - Hearn picks the location and the financial terms also set in the original contract.

ie nothing left up for negotiation unless Ruiz wanted to offer to give up some of his comp in exchange for location or something like that, which Hearn can either accept or reject to stick with the original terms.

I can't imagine that the rematch clause would be silent on location and then go on to be described as 'bullet proof'.

Comment

Working...
                      X