Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Left To Pick Up The Pieces After Ruiz's MSG Heist

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Breno G View Post
    it's a loss. Jesus Christ, it's not the end of the world. Literally ALL the greatest boxers have losses.
    I think the issue is the nature of the loss. If you consider losses like Loma to Salido, or Russel to Loma (many other examples), there was nothing about either of those losses that suggested the loser had anything to worry about going forward.

Or even 1 punch KO losses like Lennox, Pac - fights where the eventual loser was in control and got sloppy and open to that perfectly placed goodnight punch (lest we forget, Henry Cooper decked the then Cassius Clay and but for some inventive glove tampering in Clay's corner, he might not have survived without the recovery time the glove tampering gave him).

The loss of the zero means jack, but it was Joshua's inability to recover and stamina isues that is raising valid questions, ie the nature of both how he fought and eventually lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Tutsa View Post
      Absolutely, he got beat by a b level fighter not A or elite and his actions after the fight to Ruiz and losing showed thank god it’s over I got over 100 million I’m done
      You think Ruiz is a b level fighter? Why? At the least he should have had a draw against Parker, the man should be undefeated and he has proven to be an extremely dominant heavyweight. In fact he had t even been dropped before this fight. I have no idea how anyone could come to the conclusion that he is b level when he just soundly whipped what was looked at as the second coming of the Christian messiah by many and everyone in England

Comment

Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
        Very easy, get rid of Eddie Hearn
        Agreed, dump that polar neck silver spoon weasel

Comment

AJ's chin and stamina are legitimately questionable. But this might have been an off night where psychologically he wasn't ready for a war, more of a coronation.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
            I think the issue is the nature of the loss. If you consider losses like Loma to Salido, or Russel to Loma (many other examples), there was nothing about either of those losses that suggested the loser had anything to worry about going forward.

Or even 1 punch KO losses like Lennox, Pac - fights where the eventual loser was in control and got sloppy and open to that perfectly placed goodnight punch (lest we forget, Henry Cooper decked the then Cassius Clay and but for some inventive glove tampering in Clay's corner, he might not have survived without the recovery time the glove tampering gave him).

The loss of the zero means jack, but it was Joshua's inability to recover and stamina isues that is raising valid questions, ie the nature of both how he fought and eventually lost.
            You make a great point, which makes me come up with another idea(I'm coming up with this stuff as I think about it ok? unlike the rest of the internet I don't have answers for everything in life):
            was Joshua that good to begin with? or Wilder, Fury, Ruiz, Ortiz etc.? All these guys got rocked and/or lost to marginal competition.

My point is: the lost might be not that big a deal because joshua isn't that big of a deal. Makes sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Breno G View Post
              You make a great point, which makes me come up with another idea(I'm coming up with this stuff as I think about it ok? unlike the rest of the internet I don't have answers for everything in life):
              was Joshua that good to begin with? or Wilder, Fury, Ruiz, Ortiz etc.? All these guys got rocked and/or lost to marginal competition.

My point is: the lost might be not that big a deal because joshua isn't that big of a deal. Makes sense?
              Yup, makes perfect sense. Joshua beat some pretty good guys along the way, so he had the goods, but that was when he had hunger and dog in him, and I'm guessing the hunger and dog isn't there so much any more. The loss might bring the dog back, might not, we'll see in his next fight (s), but as Hagler summed it up 'hard to hit the cold road at 5am after sleeping in silk pajamas'.

Josh needs to go find his dog.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                Yup, makes perfect sense. Joshua beat some pretty good guys along the way, so he had the goods, but that was when he had hunger and dog in him, and I'm guessing the hunger and dog isn't there so much any more. The loss might bring the dog back, might not, we'll see in his next fight (s), but as Hagler summed it up 'hard to hit the cold road at 5am after sleeping in silk pajamas'.

Josh needs to go find his dog.
                yea. I pretty much agree with you, man

Comment

It's over for Joshua. The psychological damage inflicted by Ruiz cannot be repaired. He will be a kind of tragic figure now. If after 3 rounds you are not sufficiently recovered from a knockdown there is no hope for you in the heavyweight division. No amount of training can enhance a man's recuperative powers. You cannot train like Evander, mentally or physically, and expect to get a jaw like Evander. Joshua's mental faculties slow rapidly and take an age to recover. This is a disastrous flaw in his makeup. Endowed with the body of an Adonis, his skull is a hollow enclave that falls into a confused tangle of mush when its rattled. In the years to come, if Joshua doesn't retire, heavyweights will be scrambling to devour what few brain cells are left in his soup-like head.

Comment

Pretty sure Margarito snuck in and wrapped Fluffys hands with bricks for the true mexican style

Comment

To compare this dude to Lenox Lewis is laughable to mention him in the same breath as Joe Louis is deranged. He was a British hype job since the Olympics and as long as the rematch is on the up and up he’s going to lose that too. His best win was an old Klitschko who was coming off a 2 year layoff. He was handed a title Martin and he’d be lucky to win that rematch... he’s damaged goods

Comment

Working...
                      X