Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Left To Pick Up The Pieces After Ruiz's MSG Heist

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
    there's really not much to be said other than to get the rematch on for end of the year, don't know why people aren't catching that Joshua was comfortably ouboxing ruiz till he got "caught" ,it happens in boxing... kovalev Vs Alvarez 1&2 comes to mind.. this will be a repeat of that scenario..joshua will prevail and get all the straps and when it happens I would be proud to say I was with him when he was down and up, peace
    Well done man, that’s what it’s about, backing your fighter through wins and loses. Showing other fighters that this protect the 0 is all hype and no substance. People treating joshua like he needs to retire and that he can’t win the rematch don’t know shiiiiit about boxing.
    If he can avoid exchanges and fight in spurts/at a distance, he can beat Ruiz over 12. Not get anxious and overzealous when he lands on Ruiz or hurts him. Let’s see how the rematch goes

Comment

Originally posted by dwayne3534 View Post
      Who said that cant see anything happening different? He literally just got caught with a great punch while rushing in. He certainly wont lose the 2nd fight with Ruiz. This is Rahman knocking out Lennox Lewis man
      Are you ******ed?? He got dropped 4 times, not once!
      Are you gonna say all 4 times he was dropped were lucky punches??
      You don't know shet about boxing!
      Maybe AJ will win the rematch, maybe he won't,...
      But you can't say AJ won't lose the rematch cause 98% of people didn't think he would lose Saturday night and look what happened,....
      Ruiz definitely has a chance to beat AJ again....
      WAR RUIZ!

Comment

after watching the fight again, i have to agree that aj looked lost and out of it beforehand. nervous? distracted? scared? he wasnt comfortable, thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
          there's really not much to be said other than to get the rematch on for end of the year, don't know why people aren't catching that Joshua was comfortably ouboxing ruiz till he got "caught" ,it happens in boxing...
          If you rewatch the first couple of rounds again, there was nothing comfortable about it for Joshua. Before Ruiz got decked, Ruiz was relatively inactive going forward, but so was Joshua. I think most people (not all) gave Joshua the first couple of rounds, but only on the strength of maybe a couple of landed jabs in the first round and 1 landed punch of note in the second.

'Comfortably outboxing' suggests that Joshua was dictating the pace and nature of the exchanges, and that was far from the case as neither took control until the third, and then the control switched hands very quickly from Joshua to Ruiz.

The worrying thing from Joshua's perspective is the inability to recover from the shot he took in the third, and his apparant cardio weakness. I'm not sure he can fix his recovery-time issues, so to comfortably win the rematch, first he needs to avoid shots like the one he took in the third that opened him up, and is that even possible over 12 rounds ? I think that's the major issue people will have going into future fights - what happens if/when 'that punch' lands - a bit like the anticipation with Khan (it makes all future Joshua fights that much more compelling though - so a commercial win there).

Secondly the cardio issue. That's a mystery as he's trained for 12 before, so either something went wrong in the run-up, or he experienced something he hasn't before that drained him. All speculation of course, but suspect No.1 is that the nerves of being away from home hit him just before the fight and nervous energy drain did the rest. However - nerves might get to him in a rematch for different reasons, even if he is at home next time, so he needs to get his head straight and also train for 12.

Its not certain he can come back yet, he has to show he still has the heart and hunger needed to go into the trenches and bite down hard.

Comment

Originally posted by MinuteMaid5
            In my opinionJoshua should retire
            Absolutely, he got beat by a b level fighter not A or elite and his actions after the fight to Ruiz and losing showed thank god it’s over I got over 100 million I’m done

Comment

it's a loss. Jesus Christ, it's not the end of the world. Literally ALL the greatest boxers have losses. Aside from Marciano (Mayweather isn't one of the greats. Too much cherry picking. sorry).

The way I see it, I think Joshua was completely off the whole night. Let's face it: is not like Ruiz was doing boxing magic here. It was incredibly basic and not heavy handed.

Having said all that I do believe one thing about Joshua: his chin is weak. I have no doubt about that.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                If you rewatch the first couple of rounds again, there was nothing comfortable about it for Joshua. Before Ruiz got decked, Ruiz was relatively inactive going forward, but so was Joshua. I think most people (not all) gave Joshua the first couple of rounds, but only on the strength of maybe a couple of landed jabs in the first round and 1 landed punch of note in the second.

'Comfortably outboxing' suggests that Joshua was dictating the pace and nature of the exchanges, and that was far from the case as neither took control until the third, and then the control switched hands very quickly from Joshua to Ruiz.

The worrying thing from Joshua's perspective is the inability to recover from the shot he took in the third, and his apparant cardio weakness. I'm not sure he can fix his recovery-time issues, so to comfortably win the rematch, first he needs to avoid shots like the one he took in the third that opened him up, and is that even possible over 12 rounds ? I think that's the major issue people will have going into future fights - what happens if/when 'that punch' lands - a bit like the anticipation with Khan (it makes all future Joshua fights that much more compelling though - so a commercial win there).

Secondly the cardio issue. That's a mystery as he's trained for 12 before, so either something went wrong in the run-up, or he experienced something he hasn't before that drained him. All speculation of course, but suspect No.1 is that the nerves of being away from home hit him just before the fight and nervous energy drain did the rest. However - nerves might get to him in a rematch for different reasons, even if he is at home next time, so he needs to get his head straight and also train for 12.

Its not certain he can come back yet, he has to show he still has the heart and hunger needed to go into the trenches and bite down hard.
                he's been 12 rounds only once and that wasn't a fight. him and parker were just playing in the ring that night. he was fading against takam too i might add.

joshua has chin, recovery and stamina issues. like a light skin frank bruno. damn, i hate it had to be him.

Comment

Very easy, get rid of Eddie Hearn

Comment

No Mas AJ should stick with being a model, don’t have the stamina and chin to be a boxer, the new style for Brit fighters followed by Ahmir Khan, QUITTERS

Comment

Joshua was 1-1 after 2 rounds. He was outboxed in all next rounds. Joshua will have to change his technique and become Wlad 2.0 to win again, not just a better cardio.

Comment

Working...
                      X