Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets clear something up about Ruiz's nationality ok?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoachMac34 View Post
    Can some of you boxing fans enlighten me on something? I thought John "Quiet Man" Ruiz was the first fighter of Mexican lineage to be heavyweight champion.
    Believe he was Puerto Rican

Comment

Yeah, nationality is weird in America.

I don't really give a **** if the Mexicans claim him too. Mexico is already my second favorite boxing nation behind America.

The Old World is **** and Canada is **** too because they kowtow to Old World bull****.

Comment

He is a Chupacabrian-American.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
          Robbie was so quick to yell that andy is Mexican and not American. Meanwhile he’s supporting a guy without a drop of European blood and claiming he’s british lol. So ******
          Joshua's dad is part Irish.

Comment

Andy Ruiz wins- "guys he's American"

Andy Ruiz loses- "fat ****** we need to get mexicans out of our country"

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              First off, do not get me wrong...no slight against any nationality, but I would be remiss if I did not express something that is starting to bother me about Ruiz and the narrative of the "mexican warrior."

First off: I have been saying since day one that Ruiz has talent and would be a success...My posts can be found here. I did not even count him out against Joshua, saying "I have not seen him recently" and preferring to just not pick on that fight because of this fact.

Adore Ruiz, and I am not a Mexican warrior, just a white boy from East Harlem which brings me to by point:

Ruiz is a Mexican American. He was raised in this country. He has every right to honor his roots but he is about as Mexican as I am well... I am a lot of different things lol.

Yes he has that fighting spirit, yes he fights in a style that is Mexican in many fundamental respects, but those fast hands, that will of iron was fed on Carnitas from California!

I hope people do not see this as a slight against Mexicans but the fact is fellow Americans like myself took a lot of crap on these boards about Ruiz's dimensions when we proclaimed he would be a success and I deserve to revel in his success as much as the next guy...Messican or otherwise...
              You from East Harlem.

Chicanos or Mexican Americans from Cali rep Mexico because once upon a time California was Mexico.

Ruiz is 100% Mexican, 100% Mexican warrior. Just with papers.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                It's just losers wanting to make him "theirs". That's why they immediately came out and claimed him after he won.
                Before the win. Andy had a lot of support of mexicans. Check his insta o facebook

And he fought representing México in amateur

Comment

Just like how AJ all of sudden is now Nigerian smh...

Comment

Originally posted by charliepaerker View Post
                    Andy Ruiz wins- "guys he's American"

Andy Ruiz loses- "fat ****** we need to get mexicans out of our country"
                    Exactly

And it's well known that mexicans are not appreciated for the people from USA

Comment

Yeah that reminds me, Ruiz was wearing the Mexican bandanna into the ring.

Guerrero Mexicano Ruiz!

Comment

Working...
                      X