Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The real question, is AJ simply overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He always was

Comment

Dude was carefully matched. Got embarrassed by a fighter not even on top 10.

It wasn’t even a lucky 1 punch KO. Dude got dominated forever.

Comment

aj got manhandled and was vastly overrated lets just all be honest

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
          i have no idea why you guys bring up wilder any chance you get even when the conversation has nothing to do with him... its like its your get out of jail free card or something? but yes i agree they rushed him to being a champ after fury had to give up the belts... he collected them from a few average guys and never beat the champs whos they were... in that you all and the media and hearn absolutely lost your minds and spammed the boards with nothing but hype and nonsense. he himself didnt even want all that hype but he eventually bought into it but we could all see he didnt really believe it. you all and hearn really destroyed this guy and need to stop. you sit here and try to ride the fence as if we really dont know secretly you are an aj fanatic. he is overrated and not that good!
          Bringing up Wilder as he's the other heavyweight champion. Pretty much the only comparison you can make

Comment

There's 2 scenarios, either Josh was overrated or ruiz was underated.
            I'll go with ruiz was underated, and I'm guilty of underlying ruiz. I said ruiz would lose a competitive fight leaving people saying if he didn't have such short notice he'd have even won.
            Let's see how Josh does against wilder before deciding if he's overated

Comment

He'll go down in history as a glorified stepping stone. A man who surrendered his belts to the 1st Mexican Heavyweight Champion of the World. A victim of ego, hype, and over-marination. A red flag, a lesson to all other champs: stay hungry and work hard, or a hungrier man will come along and rip the belts off you.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Bringing up Wilder as he's the other heavyweight champion. Pretty much the only comparison you can make

These guys "why you bringing up other Heavyweights when comparing how fast AJ has moved his career in relation to other Heavyweight's"

Just goes to show how parroted their arguments, don't even think about whether what they say is relevant SMH. Wilder has a lot of low IQ highly vocal fans.

Also Wilder seems to be the best guy to bring up if you want to show how quickly AJ was moved since Wilder has been moved possibly the slowest.

Comment

Yes, as are all the current heavyweights...none of these guys would have belts during the Golden era of heavyweights

Comment

an average HW in a weak era, that was massively over hyped by Hearn and the Brit media. Casuals soaked it up and believed he was something special. I still say, Joshua and Wilder would struggle to even be top 10 in the 90s HW division. Fury would be a problem for any HW in any era because of his size and awkwardness.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                      These guys "why you bringing up other Heavyweights when comparing how fast AJ has moved his career in relation to other Heavyweight's"

Just goes to show how parroted their arguments, don't even think about whether what they say is relevant SMH. Wilder has a lot of low IQ highly vocal fans.

Also Wilder seems to be the best guy to bring up if you want to show how quickly AJ was moved since Wilder has been moved possibly the slowest.
                      It definitely seems to me that Wilder's fanbase have the lowest IQ of any boxing fanbase out there at the moment.

They aren't very bright people and don't seem educated.

Comment

Working...
                      X