Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will This L Make Joshua Better Or Have We Seen His High Water Mark?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop making Lewis comparisons, Lewis got caught by a single KO punch for being overconfident and reckless. Joshua got out boxed and got knocked down 4 times.

Comment

I don't know. I do hope he'll bounce back but what worries me is his mindset. He looked disinterest the entire fight. Has AJ lost the hunger, the desire, the fire? He didn't even seem to have a game plan. Horrible performance.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        He doesn’t travel well it seems. Doubt they’ll take that risk again anytime soon.
        One loss overseas doesn't mean he doesn't travel well.

He clearly overlooked Ruiz IMO. Giving him the belts at the weigh in, being reckless going for the finish after the first KD. He saw Ruiz as no danger.

Then Ruiz concussed him in round 3 and that was the end.

Comment

Originally posted by baroidi View Post
          stop making Lewis comparisons, Lewis got caught by a single KO punch for being overconfident and reckless. Joshua got out boxed and got knocked down 4 times.
          Joshua was in control, had just knocked down Ruiz and got overconfident and reckless.

Then got banged on the temple in close trying to end the night early. From that point you don't compare them - Joshua was an unrecovered fighter against a guy fighting the fight of his life.

His ability to recover from a shot is definitely a problem.

But AJ improves immediately in my opinion. Fight your fight, don't worry about making a statement because you're in the US and your rival had a big KO a fortnight ago. It's a very big lesson for him. Business is outside of the ring - it's fighting when you're in there.

Joshua is a great finisher typically. He keeps his range against wounded fighters and finishes them only when they're broken down.

That was a guy trying to do something he shouldn't to get YouTube views and Instagram likes.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
            He has always been terrible against shorter guys and with a guy like Ruiz with fast hands, fighting short as the taller guy won’t work because he’s fast than Josh.

More reason why he needs to change his coach. He also needs better conditioning and less muscle mass.

It’s life, when you suffer defeat or face any obstacle, people will write you off. That’s just the history of man. How you bounce back is going to show what you’re made of.

He’s going to lose a lot of endorsements as well. I feel for him tho. Hopefully he win the rematch in style and crack on from there.
            ''Fast'' hands that are kept at a distance are ineffective. AJ let Andy get close and Andy ain't about that fancy footwork.

People who don't like AJ will heap all kinds of praise on Andy. Thing is, a simple tweak and AJ makes minced meat of Andy.

AJ, fight big, fight long and make him pay each time he takes a forward step.

This instruction isn't brain surgery.

His conditioning regimen needs to be reevaluated.

Comment

I think it will make him better. All the heavyweight greats have taking L’s but he really does have to go back to the basics.

One other thing is I think at this point of his career he should be fighting 3 and not 2 times a year, I feel like he gets to inactive between fights.

Comment

You learn from losses but at same time sure if invincibility gone and your opponents know they can break you.
                But it's the fighters who come back you know are truly great. That's why Pac s best of era.
                Not only greatness in first place but came back from devastating losses that would have finished here mortals.
                Pac has no right to have had the career he had after the jmm ko.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky12 View Post
                  After tonight though it certainly gives Wilder/Fury more leveraging power in the future possible negotiations with Joshua. Certainly for me a Fury/Wilder fight against Joshua doesnt have the same allure now.I feel had Wilder/Fury fought last night I think both may have been tested by Ruiz who had ability but both would have won?
                  I think it's fair to assume that they would've won. But, I can imagine that Fury/Wilder (and every other HW) hope that AJ bounces back because he does heavily contribute to the overall popularity and financial health of the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                    ''Fast'' hands that are kept at a distance are ineffective. AJ let Andy get close and Andy ain't about that fancy footwork.

People who don't like AJ will heap all kinds of praise on Andy. Thing is, a simple tweak and AJ makes minced meat of Andy.

AJ, fight big, fight long and make him pay each time he takes a forward step.

This instruction isn't brain surgery.

His conditioning regimen needs to be reevaluated.
                    Losing is a terrible thing especially when you’re at the top. I hope he learns from this adversity.

A different coach would be able to handle that. All he just needed to do was fight behind his jab with his reach advantage and be patient.

I agree, he needs to start fighting between 235-240lbs.

His dad was having a go at Eddie Hearn and there might be a lot going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                      Losing is a terrible thing especially when you’re at the top. I hope he learns from this adversity.

A different coach would be able to handle that. All he just needed to do was fight behind his jab with his reach advantage and be patient.

I agree, he needs to start fighting between 235-240lbs.

His dad was having a go at Eddie Hearn and there might be a lot going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about.
                      He doesn't need a new coach. He needs to take every guy seriously. I don't care what AJ says, he didn't train properly because he thought Andy would pose no threat.

If AJ uses his advantages, he wins easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X