Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell was wrong with Joshua tonight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
    Hit on the temple by a punch he didn't see from a 260 pound boxer.

And some forum nerds call him chinny. Those shots end fights.
    those shots end fights, but not usually 11 minutes later.

Comment

He didn't seem so coherent in interviews leading up to the fight and would dance around questions and go out on tangents. for some reason I felt he was a little distracted during fight week and maybe he was going through some stuff in his personal life that showed in the ring.

Everything was off with him and he's not a naturally gifted fighter so if he's not properly prepared in each and every aspect then he's toast. Head movement wasn't there, defense wasn't there, he seemed mind absent and the chin was D level. Ruiz was never known to be a especially hard puncher but Joshua's legs were gone after the first hard punch landed on him.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
        Did he really say that? I don't doubt it but can you find a source? that's...wow
        He said that on the post fight interview.

Comment

I have bad news for Joshua. Manny Steward is dead so there is not one trainer who is good enough to rebuild him after such a loss. Not just rebuild his boxing style, but his confidence too.

Comment

He trained in Miami, so there’s no excuses. Only ur best self emerges from Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
              I have bad news for Joshua. Manny Steward is dead so there is not one trainer who is good enough to rebuild him after such a loss. Not just rebuild his boxing style, but his confidence too.
              Ehhh...I beg to differ

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                Ehhh...I beg to differ

Jack Loew? Is he even still training fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                  Talking to his trainer beetwen the rounds, after the fight he was hugging everybody, smiling, he looked like he was happy he lost.

Did he have a concussion? Or does he have no heart? Was he high?

Wtf it so bizzare.

He looked fatigued or over trained

He had no spring in his legs. Looked over trained to me.

He couldnt get off.

The fact that he gassed shows me he was over trained.

Not enough rest

Comment

AJ has major stamina problems. He teamed up with one of his sponsors for this fight (Cant remember who), and they sorted out all of his nutrition and fitness regimes. To try and fix ongoing problems. He mentioned all of this in an interview prior to the fight. It clearly didnt work, dude was gassed by 2rnd.

Plus what was he doing trying to fight on the inside, he showed he wasn't that good at it in the Parker fight.

All in all it was just an extremely poor performance by AJ, I think he would of been stopped by alot of boxers that night, even previous boxers he has fought would of stopped him: Whyte, maybe even Parker.

Also as an added note, he looked weird in the ring before the fight, leaning in his corner with his gum shield hanging out, never seen him do that before. I dont know if that just me, but I said to my mate before it started Joshua looked weird.

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
                      He looked fatigued or over trained

He had no spring in his legs. Looked over trained to me.

He couldnt get off.

The fact that he gassed shows me he was over trained.

Not enough rest
                      he gasses every fight. Probably because he has a garbage gas tank.

There's a reason that boxers in real life don't look like movie boxers. All that muscle for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X