Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Drops Anthony Joshua Four Times, Stops Him in Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    There is a very high chance AJ's team put in a rematch clause.. question would be, how bad does AJ want that work
    Pretty sure Hearn is going to send him right back in for the rematch in the UK like he said in the post fight interview. Shame that the location is decided already even though Ruiz is the champ, but I'm sure he won't mind.

Comment

• Who is deleting all the threads?

Don't be a dick at least merge it

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        LMFAOOOOOOOO !!

THAT, ladies and gentlemen..... is why they would not fight Wilder
        That's definitely what they were worried about.

Coming to America ... it can be hard over here .... many here don't care who the biggest is, and don't buy the hype.
        (4 KD's wow)

Comment

• I always said that Ruiz would stun AJ but did not expect a stoppage.

Wilder just saw millions fly out the window.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
            After beating unremarkable champs just like Joshua did. Only difference is the uk fan base always followed us boxing. Right now us casuals don’t care about joshua
            Tyson was the champ because he steamrolled the real heavyweight champ Michael Spinks. AJ’s situation was a little different because the real champ(Tyson Fury) had basically put the title on ice for a couple years. But AJ hasn’t established himself as the clear cut top guy in the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
              Lol.

Good business move letting the fight marinate?
              You look after your own business, rather than be used as a pawn to help someone else's business, tbh. Making that move to DAZN without getting a Canelo-type deal in hand (when Showtime was set to keep pushing him wherever he was going to fight) will turn into a monster mistake if Joshua doesn't simply get the rematch and blow out RuizJr in 4-5 rounds.

Sad that Joshua didn't step up with that 60/40 for a straight up fight when the Fury2 talks imploded.

Comment

• Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
                I really hope he was concussed because otherwise something is just wrong with AJ's head. He doesn't have the temperament of a fighter. He seemed to have zero clue how sorry he sounded in there. Wilder would have blitzed him in one round.
                I agree. Something definitely wasn't right about his reaction.

Amir Khan 100% quit vs Crawford, and even he managed to pretend to 'protest' the stoppage a little bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... No, kid... just NO!... ... you don't get floored four times and quit only in order to get a "widely watched rematch"...
                  Did you read the full post Mr. Popsecu sir? Cos' that sure would've saved time for the both of us. I'll add the excerpt in question below for your convenience:

"... That OR he got his ass handed to him. Need to rewatch the fight before I make my mind up!"

Do you know what I'm doing now? Rewatching the fight!

Comment

• It was a good stoppage, this referee decided to stop it... Wilder-Ortiz decided to give Wilder a chance and let it continue, but it was going to be a good stoppage also almost in the same rounds, both guys are the same stinking level. its almost that we have top 5 HW guys that are really close in quality.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
                      Fame and underdog status are unrelated. Media hype originates in the us anyway so we know Tyson would be more popular than Joshua just because Americans don’t ever listen to uk media. But as far as experts and odds, yes this was a huge huge betting upset, along with the belts attached.

And for the casuals, mike is an ATG for sure but he lost his big bouts against his equals. Joshua beat an old Klitschko which may have made him more historically relevant
                      Honestly, you seem like a nice person and its getting late, but literally everything you wrote there was complete horse feces. That last bit was the best. "Anthony Joshua is more historically relevant than Iron Mike Tyson." Precious.

Comment

Working...
                      X