No announcement yet.

Think John Skipper just let slip Canelo/Jacobs done 1.2 million in the US

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    You not wanting PPV is fine and dandy. But I never once stated in my post that I wanted DAZN to go the PPV route, just that Skipper didn't completely shoot it down and if they do go PPV, I don't think they will be charging $75 bucks. That's all.
    They don't necessary need PPV to make their money. As DAZN continues to expand with a bigger consumer base/reach, they'll end up making whatever is left from subscription from advertisements and other sources. It's basically just like how Football (soccer), NBA and NFL operate now.

If boxing wants to expand and not be a niche sport, that's the model everyone would have to follow on the long run.

Also, everything is moving towards streaming (as you can see with music). And in the next few years, people are going to embrace the DAZN model more. The company is ahead of its time and as it expands, it will become what Uber is today.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
      They don't necessary need PPV to make their money. As DAZN continues to expand with a bigger consumer base/reach, they'll end up making whatever is left from subscription from advertisements and other sources. It's basically just like how Football (soccer), NBA and NFL operate now.

If boxing wants to expand and not be a niche sport, that's the model everyone would have to follow on the long run.

Also, everything is moving towards streaming (as you can see with music). And in the next few years, people are going to embrace the DAZN model more. The company is ahead of its time and as it expands, it will become what Uber is today.
      Sure, but what does this have to do with my post? Where did you get the sense I want DAZN to put on PPVs?

Comment

yooooooooo im here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
          That's nothing new. DAZN is the new kid on the block and it doesn't have enough content to attract most new users to stay permanently. So this is expected as the company continues to grow and sign marquee talents, while branching into other sports with more commercial value.

The problem with a lot of you is that, you want the company to fail and anything that doesn't look competitive enough with multinationals that have been established for decades, with pedigree and a huge consumer base, is deemed as failure to you lot. You don't understand the fact that it takes considerable time for new businesses to grow in an ultra-competitive environment and their growth percentile can't be compared to the ones that are already established.

I bet you when you start your own business tomorrow, you'd expect it to be on the same level as those that have been in the game decades before you, yes? Laughable.
          What the f-ck are you talking about? I don't want DAZN to fail. Having a frank, honest discussion about a product means talking about positives and negatives. It is childish and immature for you to equate that with wanting it to fail.

If DAZN is to succeed, that will mean adding more sports. When they add those sports, especially if its NFL, then it will mean they will dedicate much of the network time to that sport. Boxing will become much smaller on the network and they will almost have to go to PPV type model to pay fighters like Canelo and AJ the money they expect.

I am fine if you disagree just please be more mature in your commentary regarding what I post.

Comment

Working...
          X