Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Wilder-Ortiz: It's Embarrassing, Why Not Fight Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
    A month ago you all were supposed to be trying to fight ortiz and everyone defended it as a good fight, now wilders fighting him again hes back to being a 50 year old bum.
    He is a great replacement for AJ . Of course he isn’t a bum but what does Wilder have to prove knocking him out again. I think Whyte is more of a test for AJ than Ortiz but I would rather see AJ fight Ortiz as they have already fought. Just like I would rather Wilder fight Whyte than Ortiz for exactly the same reason. Nobody wants to see rematches that are foregone conclusions

Comment

these same guys were justifying aj whyte 2
      What same guys? I’ve never rated Whyte. You have me confused with someone else pal

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
        He is a great replacement for AJ . Of course he isn’t a bum but what does Wilder have to prove knocking him out again. I think Whyte is more of a test for AJ than Ortiz but I would rather see AJ fight Ortiz as they have already fought. Just like I would rather Wilder fight Whyte than Ortiz for exactly the same reason. Nobody wants to see rematches that are foregone conclusions
        I agree, good post its just life these days we don't ever get the fights we want!

Comment

I agree, good post its just life these days we don't ever get the fights we want!
          Agreed....

Comment

• Wilder knows Ortiz will actually man up, unlike aj who turned down 40-50 million to fight wilder after months of stringing wilder along. Joshua needs to get a reality check. He could have fought Ortiz himself but instead chose to fight an easy fight against a taco eating pig. We all know he wasn’t gonna fight wilder later this year. He’s gonna take that whyte rematch of course. Wilder isn’t gonna let Hearn string him along again with some bogus multi fight contract crap. Aj is a coward that fears both wilder and fury. He knows wilder knocks him cold and that fury makes him look like a bewildered caveman inside the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
              So your argument is that Wilder will lose money and be in the red if he fights Joshua

But if Wilder fights tomato cans like Ruiz and Ortiz he'll make more money

no, my argument is that Team Wilder are the best in the business

they are the guys who guided Mayweathers phenomenal career

my argument is..... it is absurd that a few dumb excuse-making kids on the internet think they know better than top experienced professionals

also, my argument is.....

the..... " I know better than Team Wilder " ***wittery.....

..... does not erase the fact that Team Moron killed that fight TWICE last year..... once when they had Wilder on the hook IN THE UK for $15m LMAO

THAT, is my argument !!

Comment

• Originally posted by andocom View Post
                Again you say Wilder was low balled, ignoring the fact he actually accepted the offer, he said it himself?

From what I recall the dazn offer was $20M for breazeale, where as he only made $10M on Showtime, is this not correct?

So a more acturate timeline would be:

dazn
                $20M(breazeale) + $40M(Joshua) + $40M(Joshua) = with wins undisputed HW champ

Wilder
                $10M(breazeale) + ?(Ortiz) + ?() = unless third fight is with Joshua hes basically same place he is now

I haven't heard Hearn say Wilder would make more managing himself, where is that? As for Haymon, Espinoza, Finkel, Arum saying that, what exactly do you think they would say about a rival promoter/broadcaster?

Again, I'm not from the UK or US, I don't have a dog in the fight, I just want to see the best fight each other. You seem to be pretty worked up over this.

nope

I have seen two reports suggesting that Wilder made $19m for Breazeale..... and no, I cannot find them..... I have looked since

also.....

Espinoza confirmed that Wilder is already making similar money to the DAZN offer

at this point, Wilder is obviously not ****** enough to leave too much money sitting on the table..... it could be that he trusts his advisers on small differences, but will obviously be in the same ballpark..... and he is well-aware of the DAZN offer..... so yea, I just think it is absurd that a few dumb excuse-making kids on the internet think that they know better than top experienced professionals

Comment

• what should have happened is.....

the top three guys..... Wilder, Fury, Joshua, are not fighting..... for now

so..... let them do their thing for 2-3 more fights

in the meantime.....

Povetkin should fight Whyte..... with the winner facing Ortiz

the winner of Povetkin/Whyte vs Ortiz..... is the 4th man in a tourney, along with Wilder Fury and Joshua

that way..... fans have something worth waiting for..... and they have assurances those fights will happen..... and that way we will eventually have clarity at heavyweight.....

what the fcuk are the sanctioning bodies doing..... ?

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    its a standing offer but anytime joshua approaches wilder to talk about it he signs to fight some old bum immediately.
                    That hasn't been the approach not one time; maybe folks laughing in Joshua's face now may have changed the perspective, but I doubt it.

Rich to see you call Luis Ortiz a bum though, lol.

Wilder will have his fight, pencilled in for September, and then Wilder has said that he'll have the rest of the year free.

Joshua has his fight Saturday, he'll likely fight again in November, and then he'll be free too.

Nothing wrong with Joshua having his fight, coming to Alabama vs LSU, and have a real powwow with Wilder after the press run.

Comment

• Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                      Wilder vs Josh isn't 50/50 today and will never be 50/50. Wilder and his fan girls need to stop dreaming if they really want to see the fight.
                      Joshua has Ruiz this Saturday, Kubrat Pulev is likely next, and then he's likely looking at the Charr-Bryan winner as the called WBA mandatory (with the Oquendo owed fight hanging over his head like Domocles' sword), and then Usyk if the WBO comes calling.

5 fights lined up, and not a one of them that the American public (or really the UK public, tbh) gives a **** about, with all set to be forced on him, lol.

All that gets avoided (at least for now) the moment that Joshua sits down with Wilder and makes the deal.

After all that bull**** that Joshua's camp put Wilder through, the price to make the deal has now gone to 50/50 (or something near that).

Fight it however you want, lol

Comment

Working...
                      X