Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Eddie Hearn really invested in American boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    Katie Taylor's fight might steal the show! I'm gonna watch it because of that fight.
    I'd rather watch 2 time US Olympic gold medalist Claressa Shields.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
      Stop making threads about Hearn you sad little tramp. You're obsessed.
      I warned you earlier. I only give one warning

Comment

F#CK NO! Eddie doing a Money Grab, even he said the money that is being throw around in America right now won't last so wisely he is getting as much money as he can for him and his fighters. He even called this a "Period" in boxing for British Boxing...

starting at 21:30

He is doing what a promoter suppose to do. Not only that but Eddie wisely is not playing with his own (his father's rather) money he is playing with DAZN money who is willing to do whatever to build up their stream service in America. Will it all work out? Like he said, Check back in 3 years or so and see how things are looking

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Middenorf is a crook with a long history of being crooked in boxing
          Well for some reason Dunkin seemed to like him enough &/or trust him enough to put Boots on a lot of his shows. Wouldn't be surprised if they are homies & Middenorf tried to hustle Dunkin's guy from him or something sketchy like that.

Anyone know anything about Now Boxing? Are they putting on shows? I legit was surprised to see Dunkin has become a promoter.

Comment

I love watching Clarissa Shields too. She's one of my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              F#CK NO! Eddie doing a Money Grab, even he said the money that is being throw around in America right now won't last so wisely he is getting as much money as he can for him and his fighters. He even called this a "Period" in boxing for British Boxing...

starting at 21:30

He is doing what a promoter suppose to do. Not only that but Eddie wisely is not playing with his own (his father's rather) money he is playing with DAZN money who is willing to do whatever to build up their stream service in America. Will it all work out? Like he said, Check back in 3 years or so and see how things are looking
              In fairness EVERYONE should know that already.

ESPN, Showtime, Fox & DAZN & maybe the UFC soon isn't gonna be throwing money into boxing indefinitely. There's gonna be winnings & losers with all this money getting thrown out there.

Idk about the over/under being 3 years doe. I'd go for more like 5 or 6 years cuz I think DAZN will have a better idea of how this Canelo deal worked out for them or didn't by then & they will have won some other sports rights or not by then. And PBC's Fox deal will be over if they flip that into a bigger deal or not that will be pretty telling for their immediate future. Same with TR & ESPN. And if the UFC jumps in I tend to think they could be out much sooner if things don't steer there way & just give promoters deals on Fight Pass vs promoting their own shows.

Comment

Hearn did go over there a bit too loud and ****y. But hes settled down and is running the show now. You hate him because you already know he is going to succeed. PBC clinging on to their fighters for all they are worth. Well less than they are worth it seems as they keep trying to talk their fighters out of career high pay days and undisputed fights.

If Eddie fails Eddie fails. Eddie goes back to the UK and im fairly sure all the American Boxers wont be lined up and shot. They aint race horses. If DAZN goes bad these fighters will jump ship. Id say stop panicking but i feel like this is just another HATE HEARN THREAD. About the 10th today, and all full of lies or feminine whining.

Comment

So does Arum & De La Hoya. Oscar has ownership in a soccer team. Why single out one when I named them all?
                  Oh don't get your panties in a bunch. You literally just proved my point even more. Just like Hearn has a plan B business, so do Haymon, ODLH and Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    Flying under the radar that one. For all the attention that Shields vs Hammer got this is on paper a significantly higher quality fight in a far deeper division. Inasmuch as there is a women's P4P or list of the top women boxers both Taylor and Persoon are up there - arguably both in the top 5. Make a very strong case that the winner is not only undisputed at LW but also the best active female boxer in the world (Cecilia is my girl but her opposition since 2016/17 just doesn't stack against Taylors).
                    I didn't know she was fighting on Joshua's undercard, until yesterday. Because I am not much interested in Joshua, I almost completely forgot about this fight.

I like women's boxing as much as men's. I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Claressa Shields and McCaskill are my girls too!

Comment

Is she fighting this weekend or something? If not, how was this relevant? That's like if a Crawford fight is coming up and someone say I rather watch Errol Spence… Well, okay? You can't watch both of them or something?

Comment

Working...
                      X