Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: It's Baffling Why Wilder Rejected DAZN Deal To Face Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millenials are already conditioned to believe that fighters with zero lost record are the best. This why the best is not fighting the best at their best except for biggest payday for retirement!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Too many of you people arguing for the sake of arguing it's DAZN contract just like AJ said , Skipper can't offer a long term network contract with promise of a fight (that's not legal in USA) it was a minmum of 4 fight deal and DAZN probably would've had options just like they do right now with AJ

What would've happened had AJ lost or something else happened you think Wilder would be off the hook from that 4 fights deal?

Now I will agree if both AJ and Wilder had been under DAZN the fight would be much easier to make but it was not contractually guaranteed
      Wow. Are you honestly telling me you can’t see the irony here? You’re telling people they’re arguing for the sake of it yet aj confirmed there was a contract to fight him yet you’re arguing otherwise? So you do know more about his business than he does. Nice to know.

If aj was to lose and the contract was to fight breazle and then Joshua then yes I imagine the deal would’ve been void if not that’s something they should have negotiated. I’m sure you know for sure since you know everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
        I have no issues with this

But I do have issues with wilder fans inventing stories as to why it’s not happening. Despite hearing it from wilder he isn’t interested

I’ve heard long term contracts despite it being 2 fights only

The dazn contract for 80m being secretly against someone else
        You should have issues with it. There is no need for this fight not to happen now, this year. Other than Wilder ducking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Because networks can't guarantee the fight like how GGG is not guaranteed Canelo fight?

Maybe he doesn't want to be tied up with a long-term contact with ESPN or DAZN
          Or maybe he doesn't want to fight the best around, maybe he really doesn't want to fight Anthony Joshua?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bad_Guy View Post
            Shouldn't be baffling when a flat fee deal is rejected. Was it baffling to AJ when he rejected a flat fee offer of $50M for the fight? Why have Fury and Wilder fought each other, but AJ is on the outside looking in? If Hearn offers a split revenue deal, this fight gets done.
            Wilder recently said he wouldnt accept a 50/50 split, thats not a flat fee...

Regardless the flat fee Joshua offered Wilder (100m) is how many times more than Wilder has ever earned exactly?

Comment

• Who they kidding? D.Wilder would of signed with dazn & Joshua would STILL duck D.Wilder.

Comment

• wilder gonna end up making $100m on this fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                  It doesn’t work that way tho...it’s about who generates the most revenue, and their track records speak for themselves. It’s why Floyd always took the lions share or why ggg took a smaller piece of the pie vs canelo, even tho everyone knew ggg was the guy at mw and had the belts. I wouldn’t have a problem if wilder got 50% if it helped get the fight done, but at this point he just doesn’t deserve it.
                  Joshua will make the most revenue when he fights Wilder for undisputed. But it's not just about the revenue is it? It's legacy. Wilder and Fury have already enhanced their legacies fighting each other and both have stated that they will not fight Joshua for anything less than 50%. The ball's in Joshua's court. Nobody's hurting for money so this may take a while...

Comment

• Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
                    Joshua will make the most revenue when he fights Wilder for undisputed. But it's not just about the revenue is it? It's legacy. Wilder and Fury have already enhanced their legacies fighting each other and both have stated that they will not fight Joshua for anything less than 50%. The ball's in Joshua's court. Nobody's hurting for money so this may take a while...
                    it's sad these guys seem content with not becoming undisputed champion, and their promoters/networks are more interested in building their guy to milk the most out of fans before giving us the fights that matter. that being said, historically the B side bends to make the fight...they are willing to concede things just for the opportunity at money/titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                      it's sad these guys seem content with not becoming undisputed champion, and their promoters/networks are more interested in building their guy to milk the most out of fans before giving us the fights that matter. that being said, historically the B side bends to make the fight...they are willing to concede things just for the opportunity at money/titles.
                      That happened already. After sending Wilder a low-ball flat-fee offer of 12.5 million, people were understandably shocked because Joshua had JUST given Parker a 33% split and everybody believed this was a much bigger fight with the longest reigning heavyweight champion, a champion before Fury, Martin, Parker and Joshua. Joshua said, hey, if you think this fight is worth $100 million, give me $50 million and I'll fight Wilder tomorrow. Wilder's team then came up with the $50 million but added something even sweeter: $50 million against 50%. That's when Hearn said, no actually, we want to have this fight in the UK, so Wilder said fine, just give me 40% and we can do this. Hearn instead came back with only $15 million, again a flat fee, but there was no date, no venue and no rematch clause for Wilder, only a rematch clause for Joshua. Wilder AGREED to the flat fee, provided the fight was next and the contract be changed to include a two-way rematch clause. Joshua fought Povetkin instead...

So Wilder said, fine, from here out, 50/50 or no fight, and Hearn has been playing games ever since.

Wilder already caved last year. It's time for Joshua to return the favor and make this fight happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X