Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn To U.S. Fans: Get Behind Devin Haney, America Has a Star!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    DAZN already got you for $100.
    Point to even three cards in the near future that DAZN will even be worth watching.

Have fun with your 25:1 or worse fights for the full shows, lol
    Man I have no buyer's remorse paying $100 for a year's worth of fights. But would almost never pay for PPVs because they are about $100 for one probably controversial or bad fight. Certainly a PPV is almost never worth the money.

Haney card was worth $5 imo. Canelo Jacobs was worth $20. GGG card worth $10 for me. Joshua $10. Andrade Sulecki $20.

If Usyk had fought that would be another $20 for me. That's close to $100 of value to me in 2 months.

No disrespect man but of all the oddball opinions on this site, the fact that people are slighting paying $100 for a year's worth of good and sometimes great fights, and propping up paying $100 a year for Showtime etc and still having to pay $100 extra for every decent fight - I mean that's just a weird take, but do you man. God bless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
      Man I have no buyer's remorse paying $100 for a year's worth of fights. But would almost never pay for PPVs because they are about $100 for one probably controversial or bad fight. Certainly a PPV is almost never worth the money.

Haney card was worth $5 imo.
      Jacobs was worth $20. GGG card worth $10 for me. Joshua $10. Andrade Sulecki $20.

If Usyk had fought that would be another $20 for me. That's close to $100 of value to me in 2 months.

No disrespect man but of all the oddball opinions on this site, the fact that people are slighting paying $100 for a year's worth of good and sometimes great fights, and propping up paying $100 a year for Showtime etc and still having to pay $100 extra for every decent fight - I mean that's just a weird take, but do you man. God bless.
      Haney's fight was at best 100:1, Alvarez-Jacobs was basically 4:1 (should've been 2:1, but I'm not a bookie; no shade if you really liked that show), Golovkin's fight is easily worse than 100:1, Andrade's fight is basically 5:1, and Joshua's fight is something like 25:1 (Ruiz is a far better opponent than Miller would've been, but at 6 weeks and will his weight issues, even he would be a 6:1 or 7:1 type opponent).

Outside of Alvarez-Jacobs and maybe Alvarez-Andrade and Alvarez-Golovkin 3 (likely Joshua-Usyk too, if Usyk can hang at heavyweight), you literally can't point to a single other fight (missed Prograis-Taylor) that should be placed 3:1 or closer for your $100.

Showtime is worth the $100 or so per year, even in this bit of a down cycle, because they'll still deliver more value for your money than DAZN and arguably ESPN for that matter. Beyond that, when you're asked to reach into that pocket for that extra $75 (usually at my regular sports bar for $20 plus drinks, so I'm a bit of an outlier), you're getting a good to great main event (depending on what you value) supported by 3 fights, 2 of which being beyond solid matchups, plus the shoulder programming.

And that's before you add in the 22 related shows on FOX/FS1 that you get for the cost of a cable subscription, with 10 FOX shows featuring names in good/okay fight and the FS1 shows largely being 50/50s.

It's almost like really drinking; you can choose to drink good quality alcohol, or you can choose lower grade stuff.

Both will get you drunk, one will leave some more money in your pocket, but that same one will also likely need some serious recovery time after.

I like to drink on occasion, i like to have a good time when I drink, and I like to still be productive the next day.

Not going to lie and say I'm always drinking top shelf, but will say that cheap liquor, 9 times out of 10, will leave you not feeling good.

Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Haney's fight was at best 100:1, Alvarez-Jacobs was basically 4:1 (should've been 2:1, but I'm not a bookie; no shade if you really liked that show), Golovkin's fight is easily worse than 100:1, Andrade's fight is basically 5:1, and Joshua's fight is something like 25:1 (Ruiz is a far better opponent than Miller would've been, but at 6 weeks and will his weight issues, even he would be a 6:1 or 7:1 type opponent).

Outside of Alvarez-Jacobs and maybe Alvarez-Andrade and Alvarez-Golovkin 3 (likely Joshua-Usyk too, if Usyk can hang at heavyweight), you literally can't point to a single other fight (missed Prograis-Taylor) that should be placed 3:1 or closer for your $100.

Showtime is worth the $100 or so per year, even in this bit of a down cycle, because they'll still deliver more value for your money than DAZN and arguably ESPN for that matter. Beyond that, when you're asked to reach into that pocket for that extra $75 (usually at my regular sports bar for $20 plus drinks, so I'm a bit of an outlier), you're getting a good to great main event (depending on what you value) supported by 3 fights, 2 of which being beyond solid matchups, plus the shoulder programming.

And that's before you add in the 22 related shows on FOX/FS1 that you get for the cost of a cable subscription, with 10 FOX shows featuring names in good/okay fight and the FS1 shows largely being 50/50s.

It's almost like really drinking; you can choose to drink good quality alcohol, or you can choose lower grade stuff.

Both will get you drunk, one will leave some more money in your pocket, but that same one will also likely need some serious recovery time after.

I like to drink on occasion, i like to have a good time when I drink, and I like to still be productive the next day.

Not going to lie and say I'm always drinking top shelf, but will say that cheap liquor, 9 times out of 10, will leave you not feeling good.

Good luck
        I hear ya man - as I've said before the main reason and only real reason I like DAZN and bought it is that it has some solid fights and has eliminated the PPV model for their fights. If that changes I may change my mind but as of now I enjoy that aspect of it.

I don't like people enough to go watch a fight at a bar and I don't want to pay $70-100 bucks for a fight like Crawford Khan...but I would gladly have watched it if it was part of a annual subscription with no added fee.

Comment

Working...
        X