Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Joshua v Wilder need to be in America?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
    No thats future, thats potential. Its easy to say it does more in the future but you gotta lay down some groundwork on that and when i say groundwork i dont mean by saying what other Boxers may of done. You gotta put your chips on the table here and Wilder and his fans are pretty much saying "Yeah we dont have any chips here but in the future im going to have loads" Its not good enough, its just futuristic guess work from Team Wilder. His stock is going backwards right now, he had less people care about his last fight than some of the previous ones. His fame is meant to be sky rocketing but it clearly isnt.

What can they put on the table to say "YES, thats why we deserve so much money"?

Also why wont Americans watch it on PPV on an afternoon? I thought it was the biggest fight in the sport? How come they cant watch it in the afternoon when the Brits can manage to stay up until the early hours of the morning. Whats wrong with Americans now?
    It's not about Wilder it's about judging how the US market will respond to the fight. Casuals specifically

UK is provincial compared to the US. There's a lot more going on, vying for the publics attention and wallets than in the UK. California alone has a bigger economy than the UK so of course they will lose money if they put an afternoon PPV. It's not fair that UK fans have to stay till 5am to catch the big fight but that's what it is. Pure economics

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
      Does that mean you have just confirmed that nobdy gives a **** about Deontay Wilder? Or are you saying people love Wilder that much its just too much for them to actually pay to go watch him fight or watch him on TV?

And there are plenty of other things to do in the UK other than sitting in a pub all afternoon. Its just that none of them are better than sitting in a pub all afternoon.

It's not specifically Wilder. Americans don't acknowledge anything beyond their borders.

That's why it will be in the US. It's a big market that only cares about things in their country.

The rest of the world will tune in regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        This - but I'm not really sure this fight will be a ppv success at the level they need. For example if you're paying Wilder 40m and Joshua 50-60m then you need close to 1.5-2m buys (US) and 1m UK buys and a 20m+ gate.

The x factor is DAZN guaranteeing the money for a US prime time fight.
        Yeah I'm not sure it touches 2m buys in the US, I think it does a little better than Canelo-GGG and def does 1m in the UK.

Good point about DAZN. I suspect Wilder's team will leverage whatever DAZN's offering for a higher guarantee

Comment

Originally posted by Mushashi View Post
          America charge more for their PPV's and have a higher ceiling for potential buys. Stage the fight in the States and you can also televise in the UK as a PPV.

That's two PPV revenues in one.

If the fight takes in place at Wembley you lose PPV in the US because it won't be prime time. Americans won't paying PPV for a Saturday afternoon fight.
          I think The fight would be on dazn so us ppv won’t be a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Forgot this one! personally I’m glad Wilder/Fury was in the USA. Wilder would have gotten a KO victory, but the fight was better with fury getting up and going to the draw.
            As would Wilder have been stopped against Ortiz in the UK. At least in the US they mostly let you fight to the death.

Comment

He simple has to if he wants to be known world wide.lennox knew that from the start and he took full advantage of it.making TV appearance.doing movies.america loved Lennox and we made him into a world wide star

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                As would Wilder have been stopped against Ortiz in the UK. At least in the US they mostly let you fight to the death.
                Only time I’d be okay with a UK stoppage was in that Kownacki/Washington match. Don’t know what that ref was on. Gave Gerald 20 tests to show if he was fine (failed all of them) then sent him back out to get murdered.

Comment

Originally posted by giant_king View Post
                  He simple has to if he wants to be known world wide.lennox knew that from the start and he took full advantage of it.making TV appearance.doing movies.america loved Lennox and we made him into a world wide star
                  Didn’t help that the UK doubled down on Frank Bruno and chastised Lennox for “not being British enough”

Looks like they’re making that same mistake again with Fury

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    Didn’t help that the UK doubled down on Frank Bruno and chastised Lennox for “not being British enough”

Looks like they’re making that same mistake again with Fury
                    Nobody identifies as British.

Too broad.

Comment

Joshua shuld fight in Uk. he doesn`t need America. he will never be popular in USA; no need to care about reputation there.

Comment

Working...
                      X