Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay’s Chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's good enough, to take flush shots and not go down from guys that usually out weigh him by 30+ pounds.

Comment

He never faced a puncher, i mean look at Ortiz, he went the distance vs Christian ****in Hammer and Malik Scott. There's a reason he is being protected from AJ and Whyte, way too much risk, so Al Haymon letter feeds him more and more inhouse bums.

Comment

Wilder has a decent chin but he has been hurt before and Ortiz damn near KOed him,

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
          He never faced a puncher, i mean look at Ortiz, he went the distance vs Christian ****in Hammer and Malik Scott. There's a reason he is being protected from AJ and Whyte, way too much risk, so Al Haymon letter feeds him more and more inhouse bums.
          Nobody is being protected from Whyte. The fact that you believe that is hilarious. I understand you’re British, but it’s like me thinking every middleweight is ducking David Lemieux lol.

Comment

Wilder's chin hasn't been tested thoroughly. The shots he took weren't really shots that would put someone down like AJ took against klitchko. I think AJ has a heck of a chin, and is proven. Wilder, to his credit, has a ton of heart and resolve that allows him to push further and he has the will to KO someone.
            Last edited by Lance98; 05-26-2019, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
              Wilder gets hurt by bums in almost every fight. And he has the worst chin amongst the top-10 heavyweight boxers, despite never fighting any real puncher in his career because he has been well protected. Got dropped by Sconiers. Hurt by Duhaupas, Molina, Fury and Breazeale. And was out on his feet against Ortiz. Once Josh hits that chin, he'll be in a coma for 2 days.

Fury has the 2nd worst chin amongst the top-10 heavyweight. Dropped by Cunningham and Wilder. And was pummelled and hurt by McDermott in their first fight.

Parker's chin is overrated. The rest are tomato cans and not worth talking about.

But I think Dillian Whyte and Chisora have the best chin in the division. Josh is also up there.

Don't forget about this one:

https://youtu.be/ugc3ezFPqek

Comment

My ratings for the chins of Boxrec's top 5 heavyweights

1. Anthony Joshua: He was stunned by Dillian Whyte's and Alexander Povetkin's best punches, but recovered well and knocked them both out. He suffered his only knock down against Wladimir Klitschko.

2. Dillian Whyte: Ate everything and the kitchen sink from Derek Chisora, but was dropped by Joseph Parker and stopped by Anthony Joshua.

3. Tyson Fury: Was stunned by John McDermott and Derek Chisora, and dropped by Steve Cunningham. However, he did get up twice from Deontay Wilder's power punches and recovered well both times.

4. Alexander Povetkin: Got dropped by Wladimir Klitschko, stopped by Anthony Joshua and stunned by Marco Huck.

5. Deontay Wilder: Was dropped by Harold Sconiers, and nearly stopped by Luis Ortiz. He was also stunned by Tyson Fury and Eric Molina.

Comment

Wilder chin is pretty poor tbh, he was hurt multiple times in his career, was knocked down by Nicholson and almost knocked out by Sconiers.

Comment

I don't know why chins are debated so much at heavyweight when it's so much less relevant. Any heavyweight good or bad, if they land the right shot, the opponent is as likely as any other to go down. Doesn't mean they have a weak chin, it means that a 250+ lb man just hit them on the button.

Comment

Working...
                    X