• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay’s Chin

Where do you rank Deontay Wilder chin
    (Among current heavyweights)

I have:

1. Deontay Wilder (never even been hurt - he was just tired against Ortiz, not in danger of a KO)
    2. Joseph Parker (knocked down once by a very violent Dillian Why’re, but not seriously hurt)
    3. Tyson Fury (only person I’ve seen get up in reasonably good shape after a full-power Wilder punch combination)
    4. Junior Fa (I know he wears a helmet, but he’s Deontay Wilders best sparring partner and that surely means his chin is made of diamond)
    5. Johann Duhaupas (Wilder was Lansing some power shots on his face, nose and chin and he didn’t turn to rubble)

Please give me your thoughts

Tbh Wilder didn't put too much mustard on that hook he landed on Fury. The first knockdown wasn't a very hard punch either. Fury just has good defense but his chin is questionable. He did recover well though.

Wilder has taken some solid shots, he's been hurt but recovered. Joshua as well.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
      Tbh Wilder didn't put too much mustard on that hook he landed on Fury. The first knockdown wasn't a very hard punch either. Fury just has good defense but his chin is questionable. He did recover well though.

Wilder has taken some solid shots, he's been hurt but recovered. Joshua as well.
      Thanks for your reply

With everyone talking about a potential super fight between Wilder and Joshua, I’ve been thinking about who will hurt who first. I can see Wilder getting to Joshua and putting him in trouble, but I can’t really see Joshua hurting Wilder... IMO Joshua can win, but only if he outboxes Wilder and staying far away from that right, utilizing some of Ortiz positioning tactics, only better.. and I think he can — he’s a better boxer than Fury and Ortiz, neither is a slouch.

The only boxer I could theoretically see hurting Wilder is someone really violent with a good left hook, like Dillian. I can see him hurting Wilder with two sharp left hooks, buckling his knees and putting him on his bicycle briefly, but I think Wilder still comes back to win that fight, kind of like Mayweather v Mosley in 2010.

Comment

Wilder's chin is terrible.

I'm surprised he survived Fury and Ortiz.

Once AJ taps that chin, Wilder is going to crumble down on his bambi legs.

Comment

I think Wilder was both hurt and tired and Ortiz was close to knocking him down at least, Ortiz was also tired. Wilder does have a decent chin though.

Comment

Wilder gets hurt by bums in almost every fight. And he has the worst chin amongst the top-10 heavyweight boxers, despite never fighting any real puncher in his career because he has been well protected. Got dropped by Sconiers. Hurt by Duhaupas, Molina, Fury and Breazeale. And was out on his feet against Ortiz. Once Josh hits that chin, he'll be in a coma for 2 days.

Fury has the 2nd worst chin amongst the top-10 heavyweight. Dropped by Cunningham and Wilder. And was pummelled and hurt by McDermott in their first fight.

Parker's chin is overrated. The rest are tomato cans and not worth talking about.

But I think Dillian Whyte and Chisora have the best chin in the division. Josh is also up there.

Comment

Why do people keep saying Tyson almost got knocked out by the “hook”

It was clearly the crushing right hand that preceded the hook. Why is this new narrative happening lol

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                Wilder gets hurt by bums in almost every fight. And he has the worst chin amongst the top-10 heavyweight boxers, despite never fighting any real puncher in his career because he has been well protected. Got dropped by Sconiers. Hurt by Duhaupas, Molina, Fury and Breazeale. And was out on his feet against Ortiz. Once Josh hits that chin, he'll be in a coma for 2 days.

Fury has the 2nd worst chin amongst the top-10 heavyweight. Dropped by Cunningham and Wilder. And was pummelled and hurt by McDermott in their first fight.

Parker's chin is overrated. The rest are tomato cans and not worth talking about.

But I think Dillian Whyte and Chisora have the best chin in the division. Josh is also up there.
                Bias detection is through the roof in this post

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
                  Thanks for your reply

With everyone talking about a potential super fight between Wilder and Joshua, I’ve been thinking about who will hurt who first. I can see Wilder getting to Joshua and putting him in trouble, but I can’t really see Joshua hurting Wilder... IMO Joshua can win, but only if he outboxes Wilder and staying far away from that right, utilizing some of Ortiz positioning tactics, only better.. and I think he can — he’s a better boxer than Fury and Ortiz, neither is a slouch.

The only boxer I could theoretically see hurting Wilder is someone really violent with a good left hook, like Dillian. I can see him hurting Wilder with two sharp left hooks, buckling his knees and putting him on his bicycle briefly, but I think Wilder still comes back to win that fight, kind of like Mayweather v Mosley in 2010.
                  AJ can't hurt Wilder? Are you trolling? You even said Ortiz didn't hurt Wilder and it was down to being tired. How can that be when both barely did anything in the first 6 rounds other than look at each other while the crowd booed.

Comment

I’m a Wilder fan but he does not have the best chin in the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X