Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Is Pacquiao Destined To Suffer The Fate of Ali, Leonard & Others?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Is Pacquiao Destined To Suffer The Fate of Ali, Leonard & Others?

By Michael Rosenthal - A lot of aging fighters including many great ones stay too long. And it's easy to understand why. They believe they can still fight when sometimes they can't, at least not the way they used to. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they weren't training. And, perhaps most imp...
    [Click Here To Read More]

He'll eventually suffer the same.
    The only question is to whom.

Comment

Pac has perfectly memorized the saying 'throw a lot of punches' its already annoying he he he.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeestEeber View Post
        He'll eventually suffer the same.
        The only question is to whom.
        Agreed. So far with the exception of Jeff Horn (Smiles™) Manny's opponents have been very well hand picked to be winnable fights against credible opponents and I think Keith fits in that category.

Comment

I think Thurman will win but it will be competitive. unless he KOs Pacquiao with one shot he wont be giving a one sided beating to Manny Manny isnt the type to shell up and take punches without responding. If you put the pressure on him, expect a hard left counter. I expect Thurman to use his legs and reach to outpoint Manny. Thurman power could make Manny a little more gun shy too. He hasnt been the same after the MArquez KO and hes now 40 years old.Thurman might give problem at this stage.

Hope Manny catches him and beat him but if I was betting with my head I would put money on Thurman UD

Comment

Didn't he gtfo a few times already???

Or is there some other fate being discussed? Manny gots more losses then either guy had + he got KO'd early & late in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Didn't he gtfo a few times already???

Or is there some other fate being discussed? Manny gots more losses then either guy had + he got KO'd early & late in his career.
              youre a smart guy you really didnt understand the article?

Comment

It's not Pacman's time yet.

Ali, Leonard, Morales, Salido, etc. were really shot when they decided to fight their last fights. Pacman is still going strong. Come fight night, I think we will see a shift in betting odds once the Asian money comes in.

Furthermore, nobody has dominated him yet. Sure, he got KO'ed by JMM, but it was Pacman's mistake that got him KO'ed. One boxer said it right, until he sees Pacman get dominated, he is still a great fighter.

When Thurman loses, it will just show that all these new guys are hype. I think Pacman is right to compare this fight to Cotto fight, but I think Cotto was cut differently than Thurman, he only tried to ride his bicycle when he was really being dominated. Thurman will ride it after tasting one good punch from Pacman's T-Rex arms.
                Last edited by gritsteel; 05-25-2019, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Funny how their worried about Manny but no one writes anything about other fighters who have taken much more punishment than Manny ever took throughout his illustrious career
                  David Price , Amir Khan just to mention a few off the top of my head

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                    Funny how their worried about Manny but no one writes anything about other fighters who have taken much more punishment than Manny ever took throughout his illustrious career
                    David Price , Amir Khan just to mention a few off the top of my head
                    Indeed, and Amir Khan will still be hyping himself up, he wants to earn more money.

He is not really shot, he just isn't good enough to fight the current good ones. Problem is, the money fights are against these guys who can KO him.

Comment

Working...
                    X