No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Embraces Underdog Role in Keith Thurman Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    I'm not picking Manny. I simply cannot see it. And anyone who really analyzed the Lucas, Horn and Broner fights will see it too. It's always been the case though.

There are two things that Manny Pacquiao can't deal with: a high, accurate work rate (Morales 1, Bradley II, three of the four Marquez fights, Horn) meaning a guy who isn't afraid to take risks and throw on him, and a fighter that moves as well as or better than him (Bradley, Marquez, Mayweather).

Manny Pacquiao looks absolutely stellar against guys who (A) stand in front of him (Clottey, Oscar, Barrera, Margacheato, Rios, Cotto, Hatton) and/or (B) who are afraid to take real risks and throw on him (Broner, Mosley, Lucas, Algieri).

Manny Pacquiao throws the same pre-set punch in hopes to nail a combo of 3-4 of that first shot. Horn showed the blueprint to nullifying it by moving to the side whether Manny lands that shot or not, then you see Manny continue like a robot in the old direction with the other punches and can counter him.

Keith Thurman is taller, rangier and uses those in every fight he's in. He's not afraid to go to war, but he's a smart mover and that was on full display against Lopez despite him getting hit.

The only outcomes I see, as I said, are (A) a controversial draw to set up a rematch, where one guy clearly won, or (B) a Thurman decision.
    You have some good points, but it's nothing new. Thurman win by decision because it make more sense to keep him undefeated. Win or loss Manny is still a big draw for PBC, it's really that simple.

Comment

Floyd is using Thurman as his stunt double so he doesn't have to face a Pac beatdown!

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        The last time pac was an underdog he proved those odds to be correct when he was rendered completely ineffective by Floyd. If Thurman is 80% of what he used to be and if there is consistent drug testing in place, pac will lose.
        Being that Manny never failed a test in 25 years, odds are Thurman will come up dirty like Floyd did.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
          Being that Manny never failed a test in 25 years, odds are Thurman will come up dirty like Floyd did.
          typical pac groupie 👎🏽

Comment

I got Pac taking this one in a clear decision (or late body-shot TKO). Thurman has lost his confidence, and he's fought like a bum after his layoff.

Comment

Oh yeah? call Ariza or bring back his fitness regiment.

Comment

I'm not picking Manny. I simply cannot see it. And anyone who really analyzed the Lucas, Horn and Broner fights will see it too. It's always been the case though.

There are two things that Manny Pacquiao can't deal with: a high, accurate work rate (Morales 1, Bradley II, three of the four Marquez fights, Horn) meaning a guy who isn't afraid to take risks and throw on him, and a fighter that moves as well as or better than him (Bradley, Marquez, Mayweather).

Manny Pacquiao looks absolutely stellar against guys who (A) stand in front of him (Clottey, Oscar, Barrera, Margacheato, Rios, Cotto, Hatton) and/or (B) who are afraid to take real risks and throw on him (Broner, Mosley, Lucas, Algieri).

Manny Pacquiao throws the same pre-set punch in hopes to nail a combo of 3-4 of that first shot. Horn showed the blueprint to nullifying it by moving to the side whether Manny lands that shot or not, then you see Manny continue like a robot in the old direction with the other punches and can counter him.

Keith Thurman is taller, rangier and uses those in every fight he's in. He's not afraid to go to war, but he's a smart mover and that was on full display against Lopez despite him getting hit.

The only outcomes I see, as I said, are (A) a controversial draw to set up a rematch, where one guy clearly won, or (B) a Thurman decision.
                Good analysis.

Comment

My money is on old Pacroid, on roids or off them, at 40 or 50, flyweight to heavyweight, Keef is a bum. He has 0 heart(real people know), soft body, and his balls are in the cuffed hands of his Nepalese wife, in short, he, a lot like Porters father selling his son's ass and Unc Tom'n up and down the Mexican WBC, has sold his ass to the highest bidder. Cong**** on your fortune Keef, don't bring your wife to this one!!

Comment

lol so many plot holes in this nonsense jibberish.. I leave it at that SMDH

Originally posted by Pennstate110 View Post
                    Tagged up as in, not a scratch on his face , compu box being completely lopsided in favor of Manny, and singing karaoke after while Horn was in the hospital looking like the elephant man. It must kill you this Lil Asian dude is so good
                    What are you guys watching?? Fake News?

Last edited by Spoon23; 05-20-2019, 09:22 PM.

Comment

dangerous fight indeed, I hope that pac wins but won't be surprised if Thurman gets the victory as then he can face spence...either way here's to a good fight I hope.

Comment

Working...
                      X