No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Embraces Underdog Role in Keith Thurman Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    I'm not picking Manny. I simply cannot see it. And anyone who really analyzed the Lucas, Horn and Broner fights will see it too. It's always been the case though.

There are two things that Manny Pacquiao can't deal with: a high, accurate work rate (Morales 1, Bradley II, three of the four Marquez fights, Horn) meaning a guy who isn't afraid to take risks and throw on him, and a fighter that moves as well as or better than him (Bradley, Marquez, Mayweather).

Manny Pacquiao looks absolutely stellar against guys who (A) stand in front of him (Clottey, Oscar, Barrera, Margacheato, Rios, Cotto, Hatton) and/or (B) who are afraid to take real risks and throw on him (Broner, Mosley, Lucas, Algieri).

Manny Pacquiao throws the same pre-set punch in hopes to nail a combo of 3-4 of that first shot. Horn showed the blueprint to nullifying it by moving to the side whether Manny lands that shot or not, then you see Manny continue like a robot in the old direction with the other punches and can counter him.

Keith Thurman is taller, rangier and uses those in every fight he's in. He's not afraid to go to war, but he's a smart mover and that was on full display against Lopez despite him getting hit.

The only outcomes I see, as I said, are (A) a controversial draw to set up a rematch, where one guy clearly won, or (B) a Thurman decision.
    Well, that is your assessment of PAC and I respect that; however, Pacquiao is a unique fighter and I see PAC attacking at 45* degree angles, moving in and out.

Also, I believe PAC wants Thurman to come in so he can use the right hook and follow up with the uppercut.

All I can say is wait and see!!!

Quoting Mike Tyson, "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth."

Comment

Pretty huge if he pulls it off.

Comment

The last time pac was an underdog he proved those odds to be correct when he was rendered completely ineffective by Floyd. If Thurman is 80% of what he used to be and if there is consistent drug testing in place, pac will lose.

Comment

a far past prime 40 year old pacquiao will give thurman hell.

Comment

I'm not picking Manny. I simply cannot see it. And anyone who really analyzed the Lucas, Horn and Broner fights will see it too. It's always been the case though.

There are two things that Manny Pacquiao can't deal with: a high, accurate work rate (Morales 1, Bradley II, three of the four Marquez fights, Horn) meaning a guy who isn't afraid to take risks and throw on him, and a fighter that moves as well as or better than him (Bradley, Marquez, Mayweather).

Manny Pacquiao looks absolutely stellar against guys who (A) stand in front of him (Clottey, Oscar, Barrera, Margacheato, Rios, Cotto, Hatton) and/or (B) who are afraid to take real risks and throw on him (Broner, Mosley, Lucas, Algieri).

Manny Pacquiao throws the same pre-set punch in hopes to nail a combo of 3-4 of that first shot. Horn showed the blueprint to nullifying it by moving to the side whether Manny lands that shot or not, then you see Manny continue like a robot in the old direction with the other punches and can counter him.

Keith Thurman is taller, rangier and uses those in every fight he's in. He's not afraid to go to war, but he's a smart mover and that was on full display against Lopez despite him getting hit.

The only outcomes I see, as I said, are (A) a controversial draw to set up a rematch, where one guy clearly won, or (B) a Thurman decision.
            I agree with you as well.

Comment

Pacquiao will become the favorite by fight night. Just like how De la Tranny was the favorite on fight night against TBE

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                a far past prime 40 year old pacquiao will give thurman hell.
                He'll give Thurman hell but he won't win.

Comment

What happened to Michael Koncz?

Comment

posts like this makes manny even more of convincing win

Comment

I agree with you but reminds me of Pac/Clottey fight. When Clottey wasn't throwing, Emanuel Steward said that's why Pac's the champion and this other guy isn't. Lots of fighters have known the blueprint to beat Pac but when it came to the night, they didn't do their game plan. I don't trust that Thurman is going to come in like Spence did against Garcia.

Comment

Working...
                      X