Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Macklin Compares The Danger of Wilder To a Young Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    After this past Sat night’s fight, the thought crossed my mind, “is Wilder the hardest puncher I’ve ever seen?” I kinda dismissed it because “Hawk” Jackson had always been my #1, in a P4P sense of course. And I never even thought about a #2. Because whoever he is, he’s not in the same universe as Hawk. But I put some serious thought to comparing Wilder as a puncher to Hawk, and I kinda gave Wilder the edge. As hard as Hawk punched, he was KOing guys his size. Wilder is giving away 30, 40, 50lbs every time he steps in the ring, and he’s knocking guys senseless. It’s almost scary to think about what Wilder would do to guys his size. I’m not willing to says he’s a bigger puncher than Hawk. But he’s definitely in the conversation.
    Nice post!!Yea a lot of these guys were not even around when Tyson was fighting and their hero worship is just silly.Mike hit harder with punch 3-4, but he DID NOT hit with one punch like Wilder.I too always had the same answer when asked who was the hardest hitter Jackson.One punch for one punch Wilder is deff in the convo the only thing ill say for Jackson is he seemed to have that same power in both hands.People talk about his right, but did they see the hook that took out Drayton?I had just watched Drayton go 15rds with Matt Hilton who while is not in this conversation could REALLY punch with that hook and Drayton just smiled(ok he did not smile)but one hook from Jackson and all that was left was Jackson showing him where to fall.As far as heavyweights only Foreman could punch like this.Im hearing people say Inoue is PFP best puncher but I think their getting confused with being a great offensive fighter who can REALLY punch with a guy who can not hit you with 2-3 different KO type shots and also cant set them up like Inoue.Inoue has better offensive skills and is a HUGE puncher but not one punch for one punch like Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
      Not sure about Wilder being able to care 240lbs. His legs literally look like toothpicks. No exaggeration. I wouldn’t be surprised if Pacquaio’s calves are bigger than Wilder’s. Wilder is just a tall, thin guy. I have an acquaintance that has almost an identical frame as Wilder, he’s just a little taller. And it doesn’t matter what he does, he can’t get above 220lbs, and he’s fifty years old. I personally believe Wilder’s weight reflects how seriously he takes an opponent. I think he was overtrained for the Ortiz and Fury fights. But I don’t think being below 220 is unhealthy at all for him. He’s just a rail.
      Maybe so, he could probably be 230-235 at most. He did seem slightly over trained for Tyson Fury also, I thought that he looked like his was swimming under water in the later rounds 'Up until last weekends performance, I had no doubt in my mind that Joshua could go through Wilder within 3-5 rounds' but that has all changed now.

I think Wilder needs to make the fights with Fury and Joshua in the next 10 months.

Comment

Working...
      X