Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Macklin Compares The Danger of Wilder To a Young Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
    Mike was more well schooled, groomed to be a champion, Wilder did it to save his daughter, at 20 years old no less, he missed years of development, he also did not have access to an amazing trainer like Cus, Cus would have made wilder even more of a monster than he is right now.

If a prime Tyson was to fight the version of Wilder we saw sat night, Wilder would stop him early, Tyson would have no answer for a man that tall, with that much range, and concussive power, Tyson never saw a fighter like Wilder, Lewis was tall, and powerful, but not the athlete Wilder is, or as awkward, Wilder smokes Tyson IMO
    You obviously never saw the young Mike Tyson. Those wild ass punches would land on any boxer that have great skills. Why do you think he had so much problems with Tyson Fury? And Tyson Fury is no Mike Tyson

Comment

Anyone who trades with him or stands in front of him will be flattened .Tyson showed the way to beat him and only Tyson's impeccably strong chin allowed him in the end to do it.

Wilder wipes out all of them inc. Joshua only a perfect performance from Tyson could halt this .

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
        His power is real but hes interesting because of his flaws and chin. Will you walk through 2 to get one? Ortiz almost did, but couldnt finish.

Joshua vs Wilder can be done in 1 with either guy winning. I'd favor Joshua but only slightly.

May the best man win, whenever they fight. Who cares about where there from. Just make the fight!
        I agree, I think Wilders lack of discipline/technique makes him slightly more open. I think the bad outcome of the levels he’s fighting is that he has stopped developing, it’s now all about power.

Right this moment I think Whyte is also dangerous opponent for him. Whyte is much much busier and narrows the range. All these boxers that stand at length and try to box Wilder are playing into his game, but inside guys like Whyte and Takam would be awkward for him and that chin is no better than AJs.

Comment

After the AJ-Ruiz match, boxing needs to do AJ-Wilder a.s.ap.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            After this past Sat night’s fight, the thought crossed my mind, “is Wilder the hardest puncher I’ve ever seen?” I kinda dismissed it because “Hawk” Jackson had always been my #1, in a P4P sense of course. And I never even thought about a #2. Because whoever he is, he’s not in the same universe as Hawk. But I put some serious thought to comparing Wilder as a puncher to Hawk, and I kinda gave Wilder the edge. As hard as Hawk punched, he was KOing guys his size. Wilder is giving away 30, 40, 50lbs every time he steps in the ring, and he’s knocking guys senseless. It’s almost scary to think about what Wilder would do to guys his size. I’m not willing to says he’s a bigger puncher than Hawk. But he’s definitely in the conversation.
            If Deontay Wilder wanted to be 240 pounds he could be, Joshua in his professional debut was 225-228 pounds, Wilder was 223 pounds here.

Wilder has a big frame, but he is a different muscular type compared to Joshua. But I am sure that if he wanted to focus more on body building, he could be 240 pounds flat.

I think it is good the way Wilder just trains and has not bought into the super-heavyweight hype. David Haye was excalty the same, it is only really in the past 10 years? Did people start nutting themselves off over super-heavyweights.

It is all about functionally, Tyson Fury is a very big heavyweight. But he is not particular strong physically, and his power is deficient 'Durable though, so he is strong in that aspect'.

Comment

Tyson’s style was nothing whatsoever like Wilders, Wilders one punch power is greater. But technically Tyson is another level and a match up would have been Tyson’s win, although he wasn’t great against that height, Mitch Green was a similar height and Tyson just couldn’t land with power, I’d see a similar result.

I think what Macklin is saying is that Wilder is developing a similar fearsome reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                If Deontay Wilder wanted to be 240 pounds he could be, Joshua in his professional debut was 225-228 pounds, Wilder was 223 pounds here.

Wilder has a big frame, but he is a different muscular type compared to Joshua. But I am sure that if he wanted to focus more on body building, he could be 240 pounds flat.

I think it is good the way Wilder just trains and has not bought into the super-heavyweight hype. David Haye was excalty the same, it is only really in the past 10 years? Did people start nutting themselves off over super-heavyweights.

It is all about functionally, Tyson Fury is a very big heavyweight. But he is not particular strong physically, and his power is deficient 'Durable though, so he is strong in that aspect'.
                Not sure about Wilder being able to care 240lbs. His legs literally look like toothpicks. No exaggeration. I wouldn’t be surprised if Pacquaio’s calves are bigger than Wilder’s. Wilder is just a tall, thin guy. I have an acquaintance that has almost an identical frame as Wilder, he’s just a little taller. And it doesn’t matter what he does, he can’t get above 220lbs, and he’s fifty years old. I personally believe Wilder’s weight reflects how seriously he takes an opponent. I think he was overtrained for the Ortiz and Fury fights. But I don’t think being below 220 is unhealthy at all for him. He’s just a rail.

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
                  And let's not overlook the fact that Wilder's one-punch KO has to be one of the most swagged out one-punch KO's of all time. He folds Breazeale with an atomic bomb right hand, twirls, bows, and strolls to the neutral corner in one fell swoop!!

And it’s not just one time. Just look at his highlights throughout his career. He folded guys like that all the time.

Tyson fought a lot of nobodies too early in his career, but he fought much better opposition by this time in Wilders career. Can we compare Ortiz and Fury to any fighters who fought Tyson? Because then this comparison would be a lot more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                    Good summary. Wilder nowhere near on the same level as Tyson at his peak (which, insanely, was at about age 22 before the drugs and lifestyle dulled him). Tyson's opponents at that time in championship fights (after Berbick/Smith) were:

- Pinklon Thomas 29/1
                    - Tucker 34/0
                    - Biggs 15/0
                    - Holmes 48/2 (who had only lost to Spinks twice)
                    - Tubbs 24/1
                    - Spinks 31/0
                    - Bruno 32/2

All before his 23rd birthday........

Q1: Would Wilder have beaten all of those guys ?

Q2: With Tysons speed and movement, would Wilder even lay a glove on prime Tyson if Wilder fought him ?

Q3: What would Tyson have done to all of Wilders opponents to date ?
                    - caveat that only one possibly interesting would have been Fury, but even then, can't see Fury making 12

Wilder has the hammer of Thor for sure, but Tyson had speed, movement, combinations, boxing skills...plus he had the power.

No contest.
                    Q1. I think Wilder would beat them all but struggle with Holmes a little before catching him late!

He has the speed and complimentary awkwardness to match his athleticism and otherworldly power!

Wilder can punch through your guard as well, he’s definitely near the level of the Tyson’s and The Foreman’s no doubt so I say he gets them outta there cuz of his insane reach and speed!

Q2: I think Tyson would be wining the fight and go on to rack up enough damage to finish the job before Wilder manages to tag him with that thanos gauntlet! I say 6th round TKO

Q3. Prime Iron Mike Tyson with Kevin Rooney would’ve demolished all of Wilder’s learning curb opponents!

Ortiz would make it interesting till the 5th round where Mike ends King Kong’s night with a brutal bodyshot left hook and right hook to the head combo!

Against Fury is where things get very interesting cuz compared to Mike, Fury is just a mountain of a man with feet of a gazelle! He has superb head movement and uses the ring well!

Mike would be losing the fight but eventually catches Fury with a nightmare of a bomb that sends him to the shadow realm in the 11th round, I say a right hook to the body and another right hook to the body to finish it!

We agree that current Wilder vs Prime Iron Mike with Kevin Rooney isn’t up for debate, though honestly if Mike and Wilder fight 10 times, cuz of that thunderbolt in that right hand he can win maybe 1 or 2 cuz that power is absolutely destructive!

Would pay top dollar to watch them both fight cuz you know you can call that fight “No Judges Needed”

Comment

Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
                      Mike was more well schooled, groomed to be a champion, Wilder did it to save his daughter, at 20 years old no less, he missed years of development, he also did not have access to an amazing trainer like Cus, Cus would have made wilder even more of a monster than he is right now.

If a prime Tyson was to fight the version of Wilder we saw sat night, Wilder would stop him early, Tyson would have no answer for a man that tall, with that much range, and concussive power, Tyson never saw a fighter like Wilder, Lewis was tall, and powerful, but not the athlete Wilder is, or as awkward, Wilder smokes Tyson IMO
                      People forget that Wilder started late, and he STILL won a bronze metal. That’s crazy.

I’ve always said Wilders not the best boxer, but he’s the most athletic heavyweight we’ve seen in quite awhile. His style is awkward and his lack of technique actually works in his favor.

Idk if Wilder beats Tyson though. Tyson was just as fast as Wilder is now. Tyson’s head movement is on point. He had a better arsenal of punches and combinations. Like you said, Tyson was just schooled better and I think that might be the deciding factor. Tyson fought a lot of taller fighters and Tyson took a punch fairly well. Probably better than Wilder does.

I would love to see that mythical fight I think it would be crazy. Both guys really go for it when they smell blood. Would be a KO for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X