Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC up for sale & Showtime about to pull the plug on boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Who said any of that? Stop trying to derail.
    No one is trying to derail. You posted DAZN and ESPN are making fighters demand more and Haymon can't compete. In the past you have said Haymon paying more is bad. That is why I found this weird.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Lol this isn't a big deal.

Like a prison closing, inmates don't just stop being inmates and go free, they get transferred to other institutions. CO's don't really lose their jobs, they just go be a CO in another prison.

If PBC/Showtime dies, those fighters will just go to ESPN/TR or DAZN/Hearn, with Haymon still being their adviser.
      depends on the term of sale the investors are forcing. Not if he sells their contracts.

If he did stay on as an adviser with the fighters signed to promoters on the promoters networks his power and influence is greatly reduced

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Lol this isn't a big deal.

Like a prison closing, inmates don't just stop being inmates and go free, they get transferred to other institutions. CO's don't really lose their jobs, they just go be a CO in another prison.

If PBC/Showtime dies, those fighters will just go to ESPN/TR or DAZN/Hearn, with Haymon still being their adviser.
        The article sayd they can't go to either because of the way their deals are. IDK if that is accurate or not.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
          and some on here suck Haymon’s dick for everything he does. It goes both ways on this forum
          haymon has made tons of good fights...thats not disputable....im not even trying to "suck his dick" here...its just facts....saying otherwise is just blind hate and being out of touch with reality

its hilarious though....every other promoter would do some of the same things....you have a bunch of talent in one division? of course youre gonna match all your guys up right? everyone does or has done it.....arum did it didnt he? the minute arum has a crawford though and no one to match him up with he starts crying about haymon and every eat its up like a bunch of queers....but bob has practiced the same exact thing when he has the cards to play....

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            No one is trying to derail. You posted DAZN and ESPN are making fighters demand more and Haymon can't compete. In the past you have said Haymon paying more is bad. That is why I found this weird.
            I've also said Hearn overpaying fighters is bad, which is why Joshua is in the situation where opponents are demanding ridiculous amounts of money.

Now stick to the topic or gtfoh.

Comment

I've also said Hearn overpaying fighters is bad, which is why Joshua is in the situation where opponents are demanding ridiculous amounts of money.

Now stick to the topic or gtfoh.
              Yet another reason the post came off as weird. You seem to be praising or ok with the overpaying because you think it's putting Haymon out of business when in the past you have criticized overpaying as being bad for the sport.

Comment

If this means we get to see fighters being active, no belts been held hostage etc then I hope they go under. I was one of the main campaigners for PBC when they first started, criticise Top rank etc but PBC replaced Top rank after a while. To be honest, when one door shuts, then another one opens. Those fighters would still get a network, just like when HBO went under, it doesn’t mean less boxing for us, it actually meant others are now able to see someone like Canelo for cheaper than normal.

Comment

a lot of smoke now. Here is video by Tstreet saying guys like Arum already know it's a done deal. Says that investors upset because the money itsn't adding up and they already lost so much. Says Haymon is giving out big money to his top guys to keep them there and happy and not bolt but it's just a spit shine because he is trying to sell PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Yet another reason the post came off as weird. You seem to be praising or ok with the overpaying because you think it's putting Haymon out of business when in the past you have criticized overpaying as being bad for the sport.
                    I've just said it was bad so how the **** am i praising overpaying? Haymon keeping his fighters from the big fights is bad for the sport too.

Comment

I've just said it was bad so how the **** am i praising overpaying? Haymon keeping his fighters from the big fights is bad for the sport too.
                      Just my reaction based on your post. Anyone blocking fights hurts the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X