Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joyce: Ustinov Win Proves I'm A Credible Opponent For Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"fast eddie" has either ducked shortchanged or tried to pick the pocket of every potential opponent joshua has had

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
      Not sure how beating Ustinov proves anything in terms of fighting at the top level. Didn't he get knocked out by a cruiserweight not long ago?
      The same thing it proves when Wladmir fought Joshua you guys are so thick it is incredible

Comment

Joyce has a strong body and punch, but he is slow. He probably can't compete with most top hw boxers.

He's a bit like Dubois, but slower. Gorman is better than both.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
          The same thing it proves when Wladmir fought Joshua you guys are so thick it is incredible
          How do those fights compare?

I'm a fan of Joyce by the way. I just don't see how beating Ustinov at this point proves much when it comes to being a top fighter.

AJ got Wlad coming off a loss, old and inactive. I don't think they would've taken the fight otherwise, however that version of Wlad is still 10000x better than Ustinov.

Comment

Not sure how beating Ustinov proves anything in terms of fighting at the top level. Didn't he get knocked out by a cruiserweight not long ago?
            That cruiserweight is a great fight for Joyce too.

The idea that some handspeed and decent movement is all it takes to beat Joyce would be dispelled imo. Fight is too long, Joyce is too big, ring is too small, Joyce is too fit, Joyce is too strong.

Comment

How do those fights compare?

I'm a fan of Joyce by the way. I just don't see how beating Ustinov at this point proves much when it comes to being a top fighter.

AJ got Wlad coming off a loss, old and inactive. I don't think they would've taken the fight otherwise, however that version of Wlad is still 10000x better than Ustinov.
              They both fought old men. I have nothing against Joyce i want to see him fight Joshua as he dont need to earn, why should nobody really has, if you are with the right promoter you get a shot simple

Comment

Povetkin would be good, or Hunter. Hughie would OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  That cruiserweight is a great fight for Joyce too.

The idea that some handspeed and decent movement is all it takes to beat Joyce would be dispelled imo. Fight is too long, Joyce is too big, ring is too small, Joyce is too fit, Joyce is too strong.
                  I'm a fan of Joyce, he is certainly slow but i still think he'll take some beating.

I think in a couple of fights, he gives pretty much any heavyweight a tough night. I think Fury handles him with his movement but all the other big static targets are going to have a rough time if he is as durable as he seems. He seems to get stronger as the fight goes on.

Usyk would beat him too, but i don't believe any smaller heavyweight/cruiserweight can just beat Joyce because they're much faster. He will bulldoze any smaller fighter if they're not operating on a high level.

Comment

I'm a fan of Joyce, he is certainly slow but i still think he'll take some beating.

I think in a couple of fights, he gives pretty much any heavyweight a tough night. I think Fury handles him with his movement but all the other big static targets are going to have a rough time if he is as durable as he seems. He seems to get stronger as the fight goes on.
                    Same I think this place makes me more of a fan of him because you can tell a lot of posters on here have been fed a diet of welterweights.

They talk of pound for pound but then expect these guys to fight like 5’6 10 and half stone men. Or they point to a 5 round schooling by Usyk in the WSB. Jeez, even with that is it a
                    big leap to imagine smaller gloves and longer fight making a difference along with professional conditioning? And that’s Usyk. One of the best in the sport.

I’d be surprised if Joyce didn’t grab some big wins in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      In before slow and robot come up in a post.

I’ll maintain Joyce is a problem for anyone.

It’s not like he’d stand off any of them. He makes them all fight
                      But slow is something you always have to mention when talking about Joyce. He is indeed slow as hell and got zero defence. The best part of the fight against Alexander Ustinov was when Joyce was trying to box like a slick boxer in the first round - that was hilarious. He's fun to watch though

Comment

Working...
                      X