Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder is the hardest puncher in the history of the sport.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    he would knock Ali, Foreman, Marciano out cold.
    Fury an old time great, number one fighter of all time then

Comment

via GIPHY

You must forgot all about Iron Mike, Dude was doing that **** at a ripe 20 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        My first instinct was to dismiss idea. But I now think you cant dismiss totally out of sight.
        Kind of hard to gauge as he has not fought any proven iron chinned fighters like Oliver mcall, Ray mercer, vital klitcho, ali, foreman type guys.
        I mean Ali had one tough chin and he said Ernie shavers was hardest hitter.
        Who today has an iron chin who's taken wilder punch to tell us?
        Same. It's the kind of statement that should naturally offend boxing fans at first site but, after thinking about it, I don't think it's an unreasonable statement at all.

Funny thing is that a lot of people want to say he has no skill (me included) but ALSO deny his power as at least being the best in this era. Tyson Fury claims God had to pick him up off the canvas. So, how is Wilder flooring everyone if he doesn't have either some skill or freakish power?

Comment

Yeah except that a large part of his resume are made up of opponents who came up to face him..

No doubt he hits hard but let's no go overboard here

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
            You are a clueless hater.
            I've been watching boxing when your mama was breastfeeding you.

No 175 pounder ever would have slipped Wilder's punches. Grow a brain.
            Billy Conn could not break an egg with his fists.
            He had 15 KO's during the days of 6 oz Ben Lee gloves and 16-18 foot rings.

YOU ARE a clueless clown who pretends he knows boxing.
            You're uneducated about the sport, son. You don't know what fighters were like back then and how competitive it was. You're lost in the current time and you have ZERO idea. You continue to sound more and more clueless.

Have you even fought before?

Comment

He is definitely up there. But I want to see it against better quality first.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                What are u talking about? Lol. He acts like a complete moron.
                I disagree. But who gives a ***.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                  I disagree. But who gives a ***.
                  Understand that I root for Wilder every fight. I even think he'll beat Joshua. But this... Is how an idiot acts.

Comment

I don't think it's fair to call Wilder unskilled, he just has a different set of skills than most fighters. He's a sniper at heart; he's good at reading opponents, feinting, moving, and setting up big punches. Many fighters have power, but can they land with precision on weak points? Can they pace themselves and maintain their power over twelve rounds? Do they have knockout power in both hands, and with a variety of different punches? Many fighters are fast, but can they time their punches right, can they counterpunch? Can they take advantage of the opponent's blind spots? Can they alternate their speed and tempo, and fire effectively from unusual angles that the opponent isn't prepared for? He has more offensive than defensive skills not because he's basic or amateurish, but simply because that's his natural fighting style and it's what works best for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                      So he'd knock all of those greats out... but can't knock out Fury.

Thanks for being a complete moron man.
                      LOL, have you ever seen those men fight? Seriously, have you seen a single one of them on film?

Comment

Working...
                      X