Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder's Win Impressive, Joshua Fight Must Happen Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    And has Deontay been catapulted into stardom with a loss to Fury and a win over a hype job? No he hasn't. AJ is already a huge star. He and Canelo are the biggest stars in all of boxing.

Fury decided not to go back on a Haymon platform with reinforcements to make sure of a Wilder win next time. Just like Golovkin and Kovalev had done to them. We know how it goes in the US. He got a better deal on ESPN. If Wilder wants the rematch, it's his turn to fight on the other's platform. Or do you have a problem with that as well?

AJ can't get those guys in the ring, even though a payday many times their biggest one is on offer. They're cowards that's why.
    What we learned from Deontay Wilder’s 1st-round knockout of Dominic Breazeale

The Ring
    May 19, 2019:

Here’s what we learned from Wilder’s 40th knockout in 42 fights:

1. Deontay Wilder is a star.

It took a long time to get there (about 40 fights), but Wilder has become must-watch television. He also is the biggest enigma in boxing, as evidenced by his nuclear knockout of Breazeale. Coming off a draw with Fury on Dec. 1, Wilder needed to do something to keep fans’ interest after not landing an expected rematch with The Gypsy King. Breazeale wasn’t the fight people wanted, but Wilder’s prefight antics —punctuated by suggesting legalized homicide — kept them engaged. Wilder’s words and the anger the fighters have felt for each other since 2017 made this bout an explosive showdown and one that went from ho-hum to one that compelled people to tune in and see what might happen.

Instead of wasting time, Wilder detonated a vicious bomb on his rival’s chin late in Round 1 and made good on his promise to sink Breazeale’s battleship.

The Bronze Bomber left no stone unturned before and after this fight. He capitalized on the “‘Til this day” catchphrase he made famous ahead of his fight with Fury, kept it entertaining during his media rounds and delivered a confident promo after the KO. Wilder has turned into arguably the most intriguing heavyweight since Mike Tyson.

Oh, and his knockout led ESPN’s “SportsCenter” late Saturday night.

There’s no doubt that when Wilder fights, we’re all watching...

Fans won’t be satisfied until Fury, Wilder and Joshua are scheduled to face one another, but there won’t be a full-blown mutiny while we wait. As a matter of fact, with Wilder’s star growing, Fury re-entering fight fans’ consciousness and Joshua establishing himself stateside, the wait will only make these fights grow bigger in stature.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jkp View Post
      Lucas Browne would be lucky to be in top 100 heavy weights.
      Eddie had to go all the way to Australia to find someone bad enough that could make Dildo Whyte look good in the ring.

But it has backfired when F grade Dave Allen, also gave Browne a much better beating and proved how bad Whyte is.
      Lolx..... you can't coin this neither can you twist this. it's a failed agenda you are pushing.
      Tell me who Ortiz fought that is ranked higher than Browne, Parker, Chisora and now Rivas.

Tell me you imp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
        Ortiz was made a huge offer so he can be embarrassed and made to look like shhyte that he is but his wise enough to see the hidden intent and ran for his life.

Hez such a puzzy. He can go do wilder 2 for 1mil. 7mil is too much for his team to handle, it created confusion in his camp.
        He wasn't made an offer to be "embarrassed," he was made an offer b/c Hearn knows he's a Top 5 HW and he needed that to replace Jarrell Miller! Ortiz is currently ranked #5 by Ring, right behind Dillian Whyte #4, and in front of Alexander Povetkin #6! ESPN also has Ortiz ranked #5! FYI, Andy Ruiz is not ranked in the Top 10 by neither Ring or ESPN!

Comment

Lolx..... you can't coin this neither can you twist this. it's a failed agenda you are pushing.
          Tell me who Ortiz fought that is ranked higher than Browne, Parker, Chisora and now Rivas.

Tell me you imp.
          I said it many times. Ortiz should beat someone like Takam to prove he is really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            He wasn't made an offer to be "embarrassed," he was made an offer b/c Hearn knows he's a Top 5 HW and he needed that to replace Jarrell Miller! Ortiz is currently ranked #5 by Ring, right behind Dillian Whyte #4, and in front of Alexander Povetkin #6! ESPN also has Ortiz ranked #5! FYI, Andy Ruiz is not ranked in the Top 10 by neither Ring or ESPN!
            7mil was too much for his team to handle doe.
            Created lots of confusion and name calling

Comment

7mil was too much for his team to handle doe.
              Created lots of confusion and name calling
              His team did drop the ball horribly, but Hearn chose him b/c he's a Top 5 HW, and he still is!

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                I said it many times. Ortiz should beat someone like Takam to prove he is really good.
                This wilder boys are weirdos.....
                What the hell has Ortiz done in this HW division?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  His team did drop the ball horribly, but Hearn chose him b/c he's a Top 5 HW, and he still is!
                  I can't argue with borex ranking but am still wondering what the hell he did that made him top 5.

Maybe it's lack of many top quality fighters or whatever but personally he has done nothing to get such rating.

Comment

• how aj looks vs ruiz has no bearing on how a fight between him and wilder will play out. If they fight I got wilder but aj can definitely capitalize off of some of wilders mistakes, but his lack of upperbody movement makes him and easy target for wilder IMO, he will eventually get caught and finished.

Comment

I can't argue with borex ranking but am still wondering what the hell he did that made him top 5.

Maybe it's lack of many top quality fighters or whatever but personally he has done nothing to get such rating.
                      That's one of my pet-peeves! TBH, I really don't see any of the current Top 3 HW as good as the Top 3 from 75-95! There might be exceptions here or there, but overall, neither of them are "all that!"

Comment

Working...
                      X