Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder's Win Impressive, Joshua Fight Must Happen Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thebrownbear View Post
    Even though I thought Fury won on points , the knockdowns, especially the second one sent Fury running into the sweet, loving arms of Bob Big Daddy Arum. May never be a Fury rematch.
    That may be true! After last night, I think Wilder should consider fighting the winner of Whyte vs. Rivas, instead of Ortiz! I'm a big fan of Ortiz, but White or Rivas would be something new! Let Ortiz fight Kownacki first! If he beats Kownacki in Brooklyn, then Wilder vs. Ortiz would be bigger!

Comment

• That might've been the hardest punch to ever land clean. Up there with Lewis-Rahman II and Byrd-Ike Ibeabuchi.

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
        The guy's a tomato can. Neither win was impressive.
        Dominic Breazeale is no tomato can. Any knowledgeable boxing fan would tell you that Breazeale was supposed to have been one of Wilder's stiffest challengers yet.

Many had even picked him to win against Deontay due to his power, toughness and heart. However, I do agree that Wilder only made look like a tomato because he is the overall better fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          Boksfan is that really you? I knew that eventually you would come around and see what the rest of us and the world can see and that is Wilder is a great fighter and a
          Hell of a puncher. So here's to you buddy!
          Yesterday win was impressive but if he don't fight Whyte next I have no respect for him. With that right he would KO Whyte but it looks like Haymon will do EVERYTHING to make PBC in house fights. How can one not hate PBC when this is happening?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
            Yesterday win was impressive but if he don't fight Whyte next I have no respect for him. With that right he would KO Whyte but it looks like Haymon will do EVERYTHING to make PBC in house fights. How can one not hate PBC when this is happening?
            I agree. I wouldn't mind that fight. I think that would be a good fight for him. Even though I don't believe Whyte would win but nevertheless it's still a good match up on paper and good name on Wilder's resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              I agree. I wouldn't mind that fight. I think that would be a good fight for him. Even though I don't believe Whyte would win but nevertheless it's still a good match up on paper and good name on Wilder's resume.
              Would be by far best name on his resume, Whyte IS better than Ortiz. If Whyte wins against Kaboom that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
                That might've been the hardest punch to ever land clean. Up there with Lewis-Rahman II and Byrd-Ike Ibeabuchi.
                Yeah ok right. You've got to be joking. The punches aj took povetkin out were much harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  That’s right fast Eddie, he did, one shot.....that’s all it took. You thought that 41 year old right from lead was serious.....just watch
                  Second Wilder fight that I have attended. Both first round knockouts. The guy may be wild and unrefined at times but his right hand is dynamite. Tyson Fury can make anyone look bad and Wilder's was pushing for the rematch. He would also give Ortiz a rematch. He is no "ducker" as many claim. Hearn and Joshua know the deal. If the big fight happens "the Wilder right will end the night"!

Comment

• Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                    I totally agree. Yes I am American but I try to be fair and it is a 50/50 fight especially cause Aj is more technical but agreed he is no fury and wilder was still able to catch fury at times. Furthermore I like wilder at his new weight. He was just a fast but seemed to have a little more power.
                    Plus, i think people don't give Wilder quite enough credit sometimes. People would have you believe he is totally garbage but with a big punch. If he was THAT bad, he would've been found out a long time ago and ended up like Tye Fields or something.

The fact is that he deals with these top 15 supposed world level heavyweights like they're nothing.

Yeah he looked bad v Fury for the most part, but that's because he's fighting Fury. Like him or not, Fury is an exceptional boxer for a current Heavyweight and he made Wlad look very basic too. Any heavyweight today is probably going to look similar against a focused Tyson Fury, unless they can knock him out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                      Yeah ok right. You've got to be joking. The punches aj took povetkin out were much harder.
                      If they were harder,then why did it take SO MANY? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Comment

Working...
                      X