No announcement yet.

Zuffa Boxing to buy PBC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by killakali View Post
    It’s a great example. haymon sports runs pbc because it’s the same umbrella. No difference
    LOL what? Just listen to what you said. Haymon Sports RUNS the PBC operations.

MTK Global does NOT run TR.

TR does NOT run MTK Global.

So how is it a great example? Why would MTK Global list TR as their contact when TR doesn't run MTK Global?

Comment

• Originally posted by killakali View Post
      actually you are very naive. They are mostly fighting on pbc for the money and not HIM. If Haymon didn’t guarantee wilder almost 20 mil for Breazeale he would be a DAZN fighter right now. That’s a fact. They are only loyal so far. Money is first.

And with the tv deals WME would be in position to keep most of these fighters.

DAZN and TR don’t have the resources to get them all anyways. That’s a lot of money and pbc would still have the tv deals to keep paying these purses.

You think of Haymon was gone Spence automatically jumps to DAZN or espn lol ? A few would but most would stay.
      DAZN money wise was offering more if not at least on par with Haymon is paying his guys. Of course Haymon would have to be in the ballpark or else the fighters would leave.

So fast forward and now Haymon is gone, why would those fighters stay with WME and not leave elsewhere if they get offered more money or their current guarantee is matched? Jermall Charlo who should already jump on the DAZN offer is staying if Haymon bounces? HELL no.

If Haymon is forced out and he tells them to leave, you think they will stay? You better believe a lot of them will be gone. He's not just going to sit on the sidelines forever, he will be wanting to get back in the game.

WME buying the PBC and not having Haymon involved still is laughable. They aren't going to do all that. They will be buying the entire package. You ran with something EVERYONE is saying is BS from Glaser's post yet keep arguing it. Makes no sense at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        Nice Russell interview. He says he's a free agent and can sign with anyone. Not tied to any network or promoter.

I watched the whole thing. Looks like Russell means business this time. Says Santa Cruz should grow some cajones! He wants to fight everyone at 130, including Berchelt and Davis.

Thanks for the video.
        If he can't get the LSC fight and the Farmer fight doesn't happen later this year for Davis? Then GRJ vs Davis needs to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Yea idk. I still think there might be some semantics in his response there.

Or maybe this is why GRJ is only fighting once a year. I mean f#ck...you do need SOMEONE on your team lol. Can't not have a promoter & a manager & just be out there making calls your damn self. I mean you can, but again this might be why he's fighting once a year idk.

I'd definitely be surprised if there were many others in similar situations & specifically major PBC aasets not contractually connected to Al cuz at some point Al puts himself at risk of getting f#cked if part of his cut goes to W&R & Wilder or Spence haven't given him his 15% or w/e.
          I don't know man, his response was pretty damn clear. He hasn't been officially signed to Haymon for three or so years.

But I mean obviously he still fights for Haymon and they do business together, they just don't have it in writing.

Him not fighting more often is on him. This is a man that after a fight will talk about preserving his body, having hand problems, etc. He can't have it two ways here.

I mean big part of Haymon's aura is the loyalty his fighters have to him. Maybe he's been fine with no written agreement with some fighters knowing they will still be with him. But it is clear that Mikey isn't the only one with this type of arrangement. How many of them are there? Who knows, but GRJ is another. And you better believe if he was going to be pushed out, he would have a whole a lot more of his fighters have this type of arrangement where they would no longer have a written contract with him.

Btw, I don't know if you saw, but I put the live gate information for Mikey's fight with Easter Jr. Have a few other commission reports I just got and will be updating that thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            I mean Damn! They are really trying to put Al Haymon out of business. I mean the very jealous, bitter, resentful, hateful, malicious, vindictive and spiteful people.
            That's a lot motha****in shits, bro.

Comment

• Seems like Haymon is an life adviser to his fighters he makes a percentage maybe even small of each person from every financial gain they have, the loyalty comes from him taking care of them business wise, every fighter he has is an account for him it might be a small gain but its a gain and having a bunch of fighters under his umbrella he takes those crumbs and makes a cake from his boxing shows, hes still in the music business like Drake mentions him, i dont know boxers who have spoken bad about Haymon and most reference him as a father figure,

Danny Garcia, Berto, Charlos, Mares, Spence etc...... look like there all financially stable and obviously Floyd the most successful boxer of all time guided by Haymon

These guys may be just signed to Haymons advising company which it seems obvious and not PBC boxing series which means they could purchase the series which it would probably include the TV dates and sponsors, but as far as the fighters they have no contractual obligations with PBC

I remember reading that he treated his fighters great and they come first because of how bad his brother was treated in the boxing business years ago, seems like Haymon is and has been levelling the playing field for these fighters and nobody else likes it, these promoters want to get rich from the beatings another man takes, I get it you invested so you want your pay off maybe you made bad business or you not doing it right

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                I don't know man, his response was pretty damn clear. He hasn't been officially signed to Haymon for three or so years.

But I mean obviously he still fights for Haymon and they do business together, they just don't have it in writing.

Him not fighting more often is on him. This is a man that after a fight will talk about preserving his body, having hand problems, etc. He can't have it two ways here.

I mean big part of Haymon's aura is the loyalty his fighters have to him. Maybe he's been fine with no written agreement with some fighters knowing they will still be with him. But it is clear that Mikey isn't the only one with this type of arrangement. How many of them are there? Who knows, but GRJ is another. And you better believe if he was going to be pushed out, he would have a whole a lot more of his fighters have this type of arrangement where they would no longer have a written contract with him.
                Maybe. Sounds to me that GRJ is more like a fight by fight Mikey guy who's not reallllllllly a Haymon guy anymore more than anything else if you're correct.

But if Haymon is being pushed out, which I don't buy while believing a sale could happen at some point, then a sale isn't gonna happen cuz PBC without PBC fighters isn't a viable product one would wanna buy so its a bit of a catch 22.

Btw, I don't know if you saw, but I put the live gate information for Mikey's fight with Easter Jr. Have a few other commission reports I just got and will be updating that thread.
                Cool. I'll check it out.

Comment

If Haymon is forced out and he tells them to leave, you think they will stay? You better believe a lot of them will be gone. He's not just going to sit on the sidelines forever, he will be wanting to get back in the game.
                  Again I don't buy the "push Haymon out" story so let me make that clear, but when this sorta thing happens the guy being pushed out typically has to sign a non-complete clause.

These are standard in competitive business. When I had a certain job in the poker world I had to sign a non-compete myself. Richard Schafer had one with GBP when he was outta the game for awhile if you recall. If you go back a lil further & are a MMA fan you might recall when Zuffa/UFC bought Pride & the guy from Pride had to set out for years & only in recent years started Rizen.

So if Haymon were to be forced out he probably wouldn't be able to work in the industry for several years so idk what ex-PBC guys would be loyal to exactly in the immediate aftermath of a sale.

Comment

Keep making what up?

How about YOU show me where contracts are signed to the PBC and not Haymon himself.

Then account for the fighters who don't have written contracts with Haymon like GRJ and Mikey.

So if Jessie Vargas has a deal with the PBC, how is he able to fight on DAZN? That makes no sense. How would any of these fighters be allowed to fight elsewhere if the deal is with the PBC and not Haymon?

And who is to say he can't get a deal elsewhere if he brings his fighters with him? Who is to say DAZN won't bring him along if he brings them Wilder/Spence/etc? Stop overthinking this. Glaser is a known fraud with his posts. The sale of the PBC very well may be true and this was rumored in the past. WME has been trying to get in boxing for a while and tried to purchase TR or at least their library not too long ago. So all this is believable. What is not, is taking Haymon completely out of the picture and expecting to take his fighters. The PBC brand is nothing to the fighters. They are fighting on FOX/SHO because that is who Haymon has network deals with.
                    The check to Chavez JR was Harmon Sports.

PBC is nothing

Harmon Sports owns all the contracts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Again I don't buy the "push Haymon out" story so let me make that clear, but when this sorta thing happens the guy being pushed out typically has to sign a non-complete clause.

These are standard in competitive business. When I had a certain job in the poker world I had to sign a non-compete myself. Richard Schafer had one with GBP when he was outta the game for awhile if you recall. If you go back a lil further & are a MMA fan you might recall when Zuffa/UFC bought Pride & the guy from Pride had to set out for years & only in recent years started Rizen.

So if Haymon were to be forced out he probably wouldn't be able to work in the industry for several years so idk what ex-PBC guys would be loyal to exactly in the immediate aftermath of a sale.
                      Right, but what is stopping Haymon from having his right hand man Brad Owens to temporarily run ship until he returns? All Owens would have tk do is file for a manager license in certain states and he could have his name as the "manager/advisor" until Haymon returns.

Comment

Working...
                      X