Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan is the fastest boxer of all time! Prove me wrong!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
    Ray Leonard, Meldrick Taylor, Ali, Many others too numerous to mention.

The other thing about Khan is his handspeed is fast but his feet aren't. His footwork and balance are atrocious which is one reason his speed is all for show.

Real speed means fast feet and hands, allied to good balance and leverage so your shots have that nasty sting in them. Khan's punches are just arm punches that wouldn't break an egg.
    This, Khan't is a poseur.

Comment

Not even close, Khan was an arm puncher so no.

Comment

Khans speed is overrated.
        Mayweather prime for prime was faster and had better timing.
        Not to mention, Khan speed a lot of time comes from Arm punches and he doesn't even have any intent behind his shots, prime or not.
        Roy Jones is faster. Meldrick Taylor is faster, Prime Floyd is faster, Duran was faster, Leonard, etc etc.
        I honestly have no idea how Khan got a silver medal with his style. Must have been a weak olympics.

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        Not even close, Khan was an arm puncher so no.
        Lmao bruh I just said the same thing and scrolled up to see you said the same thing before me. Anybody could be fast with arm punches. I'd even argue that Khan has become pillow fisted in his new style.

Comment

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
          Ray Leonard, Meldrick Taylor, Ali, Many others too numerous to mention.

The other thing about Khan is his handspeed is fast but his feet aren't. His footwork and balance are atrocious which is one reason his speed is all for show.

Real speed means fast feet and hands, allied to good balance and leverage so your shots have that nasty sting in them. Khan's punches are just arm punches that wouldn't break an egg.
          Hearns, someone mentioned Camacho. Joan Guzman is one if anyone remembers that waste of talent. Oscar De La Hoya, Mosley, the guy in my sig, it's a long list. A lot goes into generating a punch and Khan for the most part, the only things that moved was his arms.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
            Not to mention, Khan speed a lot of time comes from Arm punches and he doesn't even have any intent behind his shots, prime or not.
            Roy Jones is faster. Meldrick Taylor is faster, Prime Floyd is faster, Duran was faster, Leonard, etc etc.
            I honestly have no idea how Khan got a silver medal with his style. Must have been a weak olympics.

Lmao bruh I just said the same thing and scrolled up to see you said the same thing before me. Anybody could be fast with arm punches. I'd even argue that Khan has become pillow fisted in his new style.
            Agree with that as well, Duran also knew how to put his weight into every punch and quickly transition to defense. Khan would never come to mind in this speed discussion, his technique is so godawful.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
              Hector Camacho
              You beat me to it. Camacho at 130 was a complete blur of punches! Lightning fast, accurate, and powerful.

Comment

Seems like Alex was tired of making silly threads in the lounge and wanted to spread it around.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post

Roy Jones is blistering fast and with power. Khan't is a joke compared with true boxers like him.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post

I challenge you to find me FOOTAGE of any instant where another boxer is faster than this you have to post a link, and dont bother giving the usual names we all know pacman roy jones jr and others are fast.

I bet you cant find an instance where anyone punches faster than Khan does there though!

(certainly hes not consistently the fastest but at peak moments he is the fastest of all time)
                    I can find when he got knocked out, he was not faster than Bredis, or Canelo.

Against Crawford he was being beaten to the punch how is the faster

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                      Please Selena Barrios has faster hands and a better resume too and a way technique.

no he doesn't they are much easier to see clearly so slower

Comment

Working...
                      X