Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Is Why Boxers Respect Al Haymon & Why They Should Respect Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very touching interview, to me the highlight of it was when he said how he was written of after losing to charlo, a very common thing to do in today's boxing.

Comment

Onepunch has been in a personal crusade against Haymon as long as I've been on this site. Former promoters like him are upset Haymon has done away with a lot of their slave trading ways

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        No one ever has.

Which means one of 2 things: Either not a single person has ever violated the Ali Act, or the Justice Dept just doesnt care one way or the other.
        And how many times has he been found not guilty?

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
          Saying Al Haymon isn’t a promoter is a technicality, he is functionally a promoter. Even blind Freddy can see that.

He looks after his guys and gets them paid well for the most part, but the Ali law was introduced for a reason.

If Al Haymon was an adviser instead of a promoter, he’d be crazy to advise Wilder to turn down $100 mil or whatever it was from dazn. He wants Wilder to fight on showtime/pbc etc. Al was looking out for his own interests rather than Wilders, as he wasn’t giving ‘his’ fighter to a rival promoter (Hearn). An adviser doesn’t have rivals, he wants the best deal for his fighter, not his network/stable.
          I was saying this a few weeks ago and people were acting like I was insane lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            Korobov on the other hand got assraped by Haymon again, i wish we could hear what he has to say about the matter.

Haymon is good for certain american boxers, he abuses european boxers and is terrible for boxing fans.
            You think Korobov wants to go back to Arum? How did that work out for his career?

Comment

****ing over fighters was the norm. Every promoter that I can think of ****ed over fighters before GBP then Haymond came along.

There might be some small time promoters who were honest but most of them ****ed guys over too. Remember Canelo had some shady ass used car salesman type promoter from Miami before he had Oscar and he was sued for like 10 million and all that chit?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                You think Korobov wants to go back to Arum? How did that work out for his career?
                Brought it to a screeching halt after one loss

Comment

Al Haymon is smarter than most in that he has his top fighters understanding the business side of boxing. these guys like 1.

1. Errol spence - (man down promotions llc)
                  2. danny Garcia - (Swift promotions llc)
                  3. Manny Pacquaio - (MP Promotions llc)
                  4. Floyd Mayweather - (Mayweather Promotions llc)
                  5. Charlos - (lions Den Promotions llc)

and these are the ones i know off the top of my head who I know co-promote most of their fights. the business side of boxing dictates that if these guys co-promote they get a % of every t-shirt and hot dog sold at the event not just a guarantee that promoters give to fighters then require 30-40% of the guarantee back to promote the fight.

Al Haymon being a lawyer understands the tax implications of being an LLC as opposed to a fighter. that is why j-rock is a millionaire and will be a multi-millionaire after three more championship fights. Jrock is an llc.

when j-rock gets paid the money goes to his llc where he is then paid a salary w-2. The haymon model maximizes a fighters full revenue potential. fighters now have access to tv-rights revenue, due to their promotional companies. something the promoters of old would gobble up and not share with the fighters.

there is no way any PBC fighter with their own promotional company is going to go work with top rank or matchroom knowing that those companies are hard to do business with due to their shady accounting and business practices.

Comment

His Biggest Client Boxing...
                    View this post on Instagram

Motivation Photo Credit: Moneyyaya

A post shared by Floyd Mayweather (@floydmayweather) on

His Biggest Client In Music/Concert Business...

Clearly he knows WTF he is doing but Hey Proof means sh#t on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      Golden Boy essentially made four claims of anticompetitive conduct: That Haymon (1) illegally tied his manager services to the use of his promoter services or a “sham” promoter of his choosing

Terry is smarter than Golden Boy's lawyers and a federal judge.

You should've given Golden Boy the evidence you have that Haymon is in violation of the Ali Act. Despite Golden Boy having PBC's documents during discovery, and their own evidence, they still couldn't prove it.

But Terry has the real evidence

I know that big words sometimes confuse you, but what you posted is essentially what I said. The judge never once said that Haymon didnt actually violate the Act. All he said was that his court didnt have standing to do anything about it. You didnt post the rest of the transcript, but he also said that even if Golden Boy proved that Haymon violated the Act, it didnt matter because they couldnt prove specific damages.

Educate yourself. Knowledge is free man.

Comment

Working...
                      X