If Pacquiao beats Thurman he has to rank over Floyd historically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh
    Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Quote the whole post. Canelo is Floyd’s 2nd best win. Manny is his best. Find a win on Manny’s resume better than either. You can’t .

Funny you should bring up cotto because that was a cw as well. According to you losses and cw’s don’t count when it’s manny but cw wins take away from Floyd’s resume. That is incredibly biased. If Canelo was drained we can argue cotto was as well.

Just like manny you have to cheat for him to have any chance at being #1.
    Nobody was saying and bringing cotto name up as pac s best win like you said nel o was for floyd. But cos you are saying Nello win was so good we will say cotto even better. At least cotto was experienced and nobody without plaster apart from Pac could stop cotto.

Floyd s win over pac, a former flyweight is Floyd s best win. Shows how poor Floyd s resume is thanks for admitting it. The version Floyd was fighting wasn't even knocking people out anymore.
    So Floyd s best win is over a former flyweight, out of prime not on a run of ko victories. If thurman beats pac, you might as well say Pac hasn't got a win as good as thurman win over pac? Pac also hasn't got a win as good as horns win over Pac also, where does it end?.Your logic is giving everyone a headache.
    Thanks again though Big Dunn for your honesty in saying past prime, former flyweight is Floyd s best win.
    Last edited by hugh grant; 05-28-2019, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      Oh

Nobody was saying and bringing cotto name up as pac s best win like you said nel o was for floyd. But cos you are saying Nello win was so good we will say cotto even better. At least cotto was experienced and nobody without plaster apart from Pac could stop cotto.

Floyd s win over pac, a former flyweight is Floyd s best win. Shows how poor Floyd s resume is thanks for admitting it. The version Floyd was fighting wasn't even knocking people out anymore.
      So Floyd s best win is over a former flyweight, out of prime not on a run of ko victories. If thurman beats pac, you might as well say Pac hasn't got a win as good as thurman win over pac? Pac also hasn't got a win as good as horns win over Pac also, where does it end?.Your logic is giving everyone a headache.
      Thanks again though Big Dunn for your honesty in saying past prime, former flyweight is Floyd s best win.
      So the win is diminished because manny used to be a flyweight. That is silly. When he was a flyweight he wasn’t a top p4p fighter. See what I mean, you keep gerrymandering the criteria. Does this ******ed criteria apply to everyone?

You said Manny’s best win was cotto but that was a cw over a former jww . So using your logic we can diminish the win for those reasons. That would mean Floyd still comes out ahead.

Any way you try and manipulate the criteria floyd comes out ahead of manny. Be a rational adult and just use objective, unbiased opinions based on equal criteria. That would be the fairest way to evaluate careers.

My guess is true reason you will not use equal criteria is because manny might come in 3rd behind Bhop and maybe even 4th behind jmm. I would still have him at #2 but maybe I’m wrong.

Past prime former flyweight manny is better than anyone manny beat. Green Canelo is better than anyone manny beat. If manny is only a past prime former flyweight then we can stop this discussion because he can’t be anywhere near Floyd if this is how you honestly see him.
      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-28-2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Some fans already rank Pac above Floyd, while more fans will never rate Pac above Floyd no matter what he does at this point.

I think Pac beating Thurman won't do much to change anyone's mind either way.

Comment

• Naw Pac cant surpass floyd unless he cleans out the WW division..

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            So the win is diminished because manny used to be a flyweight. That is silly. When he was a flyweight he wasn’t a top p4p fighter. See what I mean, you keep gerrymandering the criteria. Does this ******ed criteria apply to everyone?

You said Manny’s beat win was cotto but that was a cw over a former jewel. So using your logic we can diminish the win for those reasons. That would mean Floyd still comes out ahead.

Any way you try and manipulate the criteria floyd comes out ahead of manny. Be a rational adult and just use objective, unbiased opinions based on equal criteria. That would be the fairest way to evaluate careers.

My guess is true reason you will not use equal criteria is because manny might come in 3rd behind Bhop and maybe even 4th behind jmm. I would still have him at #2 but maybe I’m wrong.

Past prime former flyweight manny is better than anyone manny beat. Green Canelo is better than anyone manny beat. If manny is only a past prime former flyweight then we can stop this discussion because he can’t be anywhere near Floyd if this is how you honestly see him.
            Your all over the place no body knows what your on a bout.
            It's the fact that Pac started at flyweight is why he's p fp the best. Doesn't mean to say when Pac loses at the highest weight Pac s fought anyone will get much credit for win.
            I mean whatever natural light heavy who beat srr by the time srr was a light heavyweight wasn t going to boast they were the best light heavyweight ever as they had srr at light heavy on their resume are they?
            But you don't acknowledge anything do you? If the few independent sources who rank Floyd above pac think anyway along the lines you do, no wonder they've no credibility
            Last edited by hugh grant; 05-28-2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Your all over the place no body knows what your on a bout.
              It's the fact that Pac started at flyweight is why he's p fp the best. Doesn't mean to say when Pac loses at the highest weight Pac s fought anyone will get much credit for win.
              I mean whatever natural light heavy who beat srr by the time srr was a light heavyweight wasn t going to boast they were the best light heavyweight ever as they had srr at light heavy on their resume are they?
              But you don't acknowledge anything do you? If the few independent sources who rank Floyd above pac think anyway along the lines you do, no wonder they've no credibility
              He lost to torrecampo well before he moved up. That loss counts right?

Regardless of what you post, Floyd’s resume is still superior to manny’s. I notice you’ve been asked a number of times which win manny has that is better than either of those wins and you haven’t answered.

Come on Hugh tell us. Was the Barrera manny fought better than manny was when Floyd beat him? What about jmm? Morales? Bradley? Go on, name one win manny has against someone that was above manny when Floyd easily beat him.

You can’t because once you do this conversation ends because posting any of these guys are better than manny was when he fought Floyd eliminates any possible way Manny could be above Floyd.

Many would say there is a closer debate for #2 among Bhop, manny and jmm then there is between Floyd and manny for #1. I have manny as the clear #2.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-28-2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                Nunbers don't lie bro and he's achievements in boxing is nowhere near to pac. Pac is way ahead in everything.
                In losses he is way ahead. He isn’t ahead in h2h or winning %.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  He lost to torrecampo well before he moved up. That loss counts right?

Regardless of what you post, Floyd’s resume is still superior to manny’s. I notice you’ve been asked a number of times which win manny has that is better than either of those wins and you haven’t answered.

Come on Hugh tell us. Was the Barrera manny fought better than manny was when Floyd beat him? What about jmm? Morales? Bradley? Go on, name one win manny has against someone that was above manny when Floyd easily beat him.

You can’t because once you do this conversation ends because posting any of these guys are better than manny was when he fought Floyd eliminates any possible way Manny could be above Floyd.

Many would say there is a closer debate for #2 among Bhop, manny and jmm then there is between Floyd and manny for #1. I have manny as the clear #2.
                  Literally nothing you are saying now makes any sense to anyone. Unless you make a strong effort to make sense I suggest you think twice before you click on the submit reply button.
                  If Randolph Turpin only fought SRR once, the first one when Turpin beat SRR, it might be better than all of SRR wins. But SRR is still greater isn't he? Most would agree he is as SRR still has a stronger resume in general to Turpin. Is that clear to you? If not, you can always send me a private message and I will try make it clearer to you without others watching.
                  Thanks for acknowledging beating Pac is a great win, you rate Pac extremely highly to have him as Floyds best win. But I agree with you, he is.

As im sure SRR was Turpins best win. But SRR just as Pac is, greater than Turpin and FLoyd respectively. SRR as is Pacs resume is just too in depth. Floyd has to rely on beating the weakest version of Nelo, and relying on Nelo contining to win to try elevate his status, rather than Floyd going out there and beating everyone. No great boxer worth his salt has had to do that. Turpin didn't live off of his win over SRR. Theoretically he could have, as its obvious SRR was going to have a lot more wins after his loss to Turpin. But we know the real world of boxing doesn't work like that. No boxer relies on other to make them look better. They go out there day after day, year after year, until they've 70 fights on their resume to carve out something they can be proud of.
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 05-28-2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Literally nothing you are saying now makes any sense to anyone. Unless you make a strong effort to make sense I suggest you think twice before you click on the submit reply button.
                    If Randolph Turpin only fought SRR once, the first one when Turpin beat SRR, it might be better than all of SRR wins. But SRR is still greater isn't he? Most would agree he is as SRR still has a stronger resume in general to Turpin. Is that clear to you? If not, you can always send me a private message and I will try make it clearer to you without others watching.
                    Thanks for acknowledging beating Pac is a great win, you rate Pac extremely highly to have him as Floyds best win. But I agree with you, he is.

As im sure SRR was Turpins best win. But SRR just as Pac is, greater than Turpin and FLoyd respectively. SRR as is Pacs resume is just too in depth. Floyd has to rely on beating the weakest version of Nelo, and relying on Nelo contining to win to try elevate his status, rather than Floyd going out there and beating everyone. No great boxer worth his salt has had to do that. Turpin didn't live off of his win over SRR. Theoretically he could have, as its obvious SRR was going to have a lot more wins after his loss to Turpin. But we know the real world of boxing doesn't work like that. No boxer relies on other to make them look better. They go out there day after day, year after year, until they've 70 fights on their resume to carve out something they can be proud of.
                    It makes sense which is why you cowardly avoid answering anyone that asks you to tell them what win Manny has that is better than Floyd beating Manny or Floyd beating Canelo.

We are not talking about SRR or Turpin so you bringing them up is meaningless. We are discussing floyd and manny. How can Manny's resume be more in depth when you can't name one win manny has against someone that was above manny when Floyd easily beat him or above Canelo. You have yet to show this.

Yes, I rate Manny as the 2nd best of Floyd's generation, as do most rational people with knowledge of the sport. I don't have to devalue Manny or his career to make Floyd look better. I use the same criteria to examine the careers of all boxers.

You refer to Manny as a "former flyweight coming to end of career, past prime with no kos for ages." HMMM you picked him to beat Floyd and Floyd won by a wide margin, which means you should be giving Floyd more credit for beating someone you thought would beat him.

prove that Manny has a better resume by listing who he has beaten. Floyd will have the best wins, will have beaten the guy first, or if Manny beat him 1st it will be a CW win, like cotto or Margs, which you said doesn't count.

Then lets do the losses. Lets count who has the worst losses and draws since they matter. Floyd would never lose to a Torrecampo or a Horn level opponent.

Comment

• Just let it go hugh... there are way too many holes in your logic.

There is nothing wrong with silver!

Comment

Working...
                      X