No announcement yet.

If Pacquiao beats Thurman he has to rank over Floyd historically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    Floyd lost to Pac in their fight. I think Floyd could beat more styles than PAC but he lost that particular fight.
    Not a Floyd fan here, but HOW on EARTH do people keep saying Manny won that fight? He wasn’t destroyed or anything, but it was a CLEAR loss for him.

Only Pro fights Mayweather should not have won in my opinion are:
    Castillo I (Loss)
    Cotto (Draw)

Comment

• Originally posted by InvalidUserID View Post
      If Manny needed a fight to rank over Floyd, it wouldn't be Thurman.

Maybe if he miraculously beat Crawford or Spence, sure. But Thurman? Naw. Hell to the naw naw naw.
      If Manny were to rank over Floyd he would have to first beat Floyd. I don’t see how anything else but a win over Floyd could allow him to rank ahead of Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        So only the wins affect manny’s legacy. If he loses to someone he should easily beat and was favored to beat like horn but lost that is washed away with a win over Thurman.

How is it possible to not count wins and losses when evaluating a career? It’s like manny fans only count the positives and want everyone to forget everything else.

That isn’t possible.
        There are so many reasons why a boxer can lose and it's nothing to do with not being great. People take each loss individually on its own merits.
        Pac fought out of country and was robbed and old.
        Yes, a thurman win will erase a horn loss. To suggest it won't would be as naive as saying if Pac beat usyk now it can't erase his loss to sinsurat?.
        Simply because the horn loss is no big deal. The horn loss dont erase Pac s 8 division titles away. Your making too much of floyds unbeaten record
        Last edited by hugh grant; 05-25-2019, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bandman View Post
          No debate

Pac is a damn dinosaur and hes facing a young lion in his PRIME.

Floyd DUCKED thurman as a mandatory with no shame.

If Manny pulls this off he surpasses Floyd in the history books.
          Thurman is not a young lion and not in his prime. If Pac wins it means Thurman ain't shiiit. It has nothing to do with Floyd though.

Comment

• It helps his cause but falls short of the phenominal accomplishment of going 50-0 against Quality Prime Grade A competition. It was no walk in the park for Floyd(Well, actually for him it was) It was easy from a viewers point of view but get in there and accomplish what he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              No because Horn didn't really beat Manny. He was robbed as I clearly said at the time.
              glad we got this cleared up then. because yall seem to like to bring up the loss as a legit loss when it fits your agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                So only the wins affect manny’s legacy. If he loses to someone he should easily beat and was favored to beat like horn but lost that is washed away with a win over Thurman.

How is it possible to not count wins and losses when evaluating a career? It’s like manny fans only count the positives and want everyone to forget everything else.

That isn’t possible.
                hope this answer your question --

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                No because Horn didn't really beat Manny. He was robbed as I clearly said at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  If Pac wins it just makes Floyd's resume even better.
                  Not really. Might as well say rjj is no1 of all time when bh was winning at nearly 50 years old. So if Pac beats Anthony joshua next week, floyd s win just looks that much better does it over pac? Well, not really it just means pac s shoulder must be been real bad night he fought floyd

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                  glad we got this cleared up then. because yall seem to like to bring up the loss as a legit loss when it fits your agenda.
                  Losings no big deal. Floyd losing to Castillo is no big deal, it happens. Floyd not taking r isks, getting things in favour, not fighting abroad, cw against green fighter who are unproven is a bigger deal
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 05-25-2019, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                    Making an excuse for losing to Horn?...

What about:

Floyd
                    Marquez
                    Bradley

All I ever hear is excuses as to why Manny loses.

Dont forget having blood drawn makes him weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by dosumpthin View Post
                      making an excuse for losing to horn?...

What about:

Floyd
                      marquez
                      bradley

all i ever hear is excuses as to why manny loses.

Dont forget having blood drawn makes him weak.
                      ......... Bye!

Comment

Working...
                      X