Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Julian Williams Drops, Shocks Jarrett Hurd For Unified Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to Julian Williams on a great fight/victory.
    Julian invest and save your money wisely, since I live by Philadelphia I have seen to many Philly fighters lose it all.
    Julian you fought a great fight !

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      In his first defeat, I think he demonstrated skill. The fight wasn't long enough for us to see if he had the grit to go along with it. This time around, I think he realized that his conditioning would have to be great in order to give himself the best chance for his skills to make a difference. With opponents like Hurd, skills won't mean a thing if you don't have the stamina/endurance to back it up. That's why it was so difficult to predict this fight. As I watched the fight, I kept thinking if J-Rock could maintain the pace that he set.
      When I saw how cut up he was at the weigh-in compared to Hurd I thought that we might have more of a fight on our hands than originally thought. Being in good shape and having experience from his first attempt at a title made him dangerous.

Almost changed my Pick 'Em pick at that point. Should have gone with my gut feeling.

Comment

• I was way off on this one. Well done J Rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainWalrus View Post
          A great day for boxing. This win was special. Some great inside action too.
          Agreed! It was the fight of the year!

Comment

• There goes Charlo's intended dance partner at 160lbs. Certainly a win for Williams. The PBC made out too but Charlo, not so much.

Comment

• He pulled a Marvin Hagglar vs Tommy Hearns. Closed the gap quickly and went to work. Julian kept Hurd from getting the rhythm & distance to control the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                He pulled a Marvin Hagglar vs Tommy Hearns. Closed the gap quickly and went to work. Julian kept Hurd from getting the rhythm & distance to control the fight.
                J-Rock was also winning the jabbing contest. He had Hurd beat on the outside and inside, which I didn't expect to see.

Comment

• J-Rock shook up the world! No one saw that performance coming. He surprised us all; Including myself and I couldn't have been more proud of the kid.

Comment

• Can't say it enough...a terrific fight plan. It was as if they had a time stone.

After fourteen-million six hundred and five possible outcomes they picked the one to beat Hurd.

Well done!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      When Charlo decided to fight Harrison, and Hurd decided to fight J-Rock, instead fighting each other, I thought that was a horrible plan! Lots of dough left on the table! 154 is on fire!
                      JRock was supposed to be Hurd's stay busy fight while Charlo and Harrison rematched. Both guys lost in hometown showcase fights trying to show how much easier they cod beat the other's previous opponent. Such irony. Both guys underestimated the skill and determination of their opponent. It's now clear neither team reads the Daily Bread on this site. War Breadman!

Comment

Working...
                      X